Its Ruthbridge Again... help!

hidebait
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Udate.

Letter of dispute sent. Kept getting calls which i ignored. Finally out of frustration i answered the phone.

Said i did not want to discuss any financial matters over the phone. No mention of letter of dispute.

Then the lady (term used loosely) says " ok, if you would like to write to us telling us why you dont want to talk to us that would be fine and we will stop calling you for 3 weeks!!!!!

Ok these guys are freaking me out!

• 2 weeks later...

ok... here goes. Received a call from John at Cabot today.

Deny all knowledge of dispute letter.

Asked when they had purchased debt. 2002. Clarified if they hadnt received my dispute letter, then they had not had written acknowledgement of debt. He asked if i knew about debt and i replied i did not acknwledge any debt. I sad that the alleged debt must be statute barred.

He said even if it was they couldnt collect money but it would stay on my file and affect my credit rating. I asked that they write a letter to confirm statute barred. No was the answer. I have asked that they stop calling me or i will make an official complaint.

Do you think this is the end of this or are these guys just trying new tactics. There approach to me seems different to others.

Is there any point doing a SAR?

Cabot have more or less admitted that the account is statute barred.

I have heard nothing more from them.

I guess if they start hassling me again i will have to go down that route, but at this time i am sitting back waiting to see what there next move is.

Hopefully nothing...... fingers crossed.

No point whatsoever. They have been bitten too often to take a SB debt to court when the debtor challenges them, to risk doing it again.

They are unlikely to continue trying to collect. But if they do, it will be way outside their complaints deadline since it relates to your initial complaint. In which case, you are not obliged to inform them before reporting them to all and sundry. And I would include the CSA in any complaint that you may need to make.

I think that you will have heard the last from this bunch of bandits.