Richard spud - Take 2 - Why was the first thread closed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone ( a Mod ) tell me why was the first "Richard Spud" thread was closed down??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

same reason this one will be.. You spoke the unspeakable ;):rolleyes:

hey i was only asking questions, i'm new around here

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

-

Actually, I suggested it, so feel free to blame me - thought it might freak out users trying to get their debt problems sorted, especially the new ones. this part of the forum isn't really the place to discuss site politics, IMO.

Would perhaps suggest starting this thread again in the bear garden so that it doesn't detract from the serious debt issues if you want to discuss.

Peace & Love

Tiglet xxx

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hello Nuke em

i can understand why you would ask, but the thing is Richard Spud Decided to refrain from posting on the CAG for reasons which are only apparently known to him.

the thing is i would personally leave it at that, if there is any help that you need with a particular problem you have then by all means ask away, the people on here are only too happy to help

kind regards

paul

• Haha 1

Actually, I suggested it, so feel free to blame me - thought it might freak out users trying to get their debt problems sorted, especially the new ones. this part of the forum isn't really the place to discuss site politics, IMO.

Would perhaps suggest starting this thread again in the bear garden so that it doesn't detract from the serious debt issues if you want to discuss.

Peace & Love

Tiglet xxx

Yes it might freak users out, especially newbies (like me) 'cos CAG seems to have lost 2 excellent posters/advice givers here which cant be good for the "debting masses"

Instead of closing it down why not just have it moved to wherever you think it should be...bear garden etc

-

Hello Nuke em

i can understand why you would ask, but the thing is Richard Spud Decided to refrain from posting on the CAG for reasons which are only apparently known to him.

the thing is i would personally leave it at that, if there is any help that you need with a particular problem you have then by all means ask away, the people on here are only too happy to help

kind regards

paul

ok , i take your point , but my point was why shut a thread down, but tiglet has now covered that one

-

Yes it might freak users out, especially newbies (like me) 'cos CAG seems to have lost 2 excellent posters/advice givers here which cant be good for the "debting masses"

Instead of closing it down why not just have it moved to wherever you think it should be...bear garden etc

Firstly, I did like laiste, and Richard Spud. However, users do leave forums for a variety of reasons.

Richard left for his own reasons. He chose not to go into any great detail, although it is commonly believed that there were certain members behind the scenes who suspected his motives.

I do sympathise with him. ocassionally when I give advice - sometimes, even after someone specifically requests help - people have been very suspicious about my motives.

Heck, one user acused me of being a DCA stooge... quite funny, really.

While Richard was here, he was a great help.

I don't know why CAG banned Laiste- it really isn't my business. And, frankly, unless Laiste choses to make the reasons public, it isn't anyone elses either. CAG has every right to ban users, for any reason it choses to.

I really don't see why anyone would restart a thread after it was already closed down. If you had a problem with that, you should have PM'd the moderator with your question.

I vote that this thread should be closed down.

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I really don't see why anyone would restart a thread after it was already closed down. If you had a problem with that, you should have PM'd the moderator with your question.

I didnt re start a thread, i started a new thread to ask [in public] if it could be explained why a given thread was shut down

And if it makes people happier, This thread can now be shut down as well !?

or moved to the bear garden of course

-

perhaps suggest starting this thread again in the bear garden

I think this would be a good idea

Ok nuke em, no-ones objecting to your freedom of speech - just perhaps restart here:

The Bear Garden

There's been too much of this tonight, it isn't helping and it isn't what this part of this site is about.

If you want the thread closed, as OP you can PM a mod to ask them to do it for you.

But let's all calm down, get some perspective and realise the previous thread was closed by Mods (with or without my suggestion) because they felt there wasn't anything else they could say on the matter and it wasn't in the appropriate place - if you want to, please post in the appropriate place. They obviously can't be drawn on individual cases as that would be unfair to the person removed from CAG.

I actually moderate a professinal website and I don't know enough about this case to comment (and wouldn't if I did) but I know that on the website I moderate Laiste's actions would have been construed as soliciting for business and therefore not allowed. I'm not commenting on any of the action taken, but trying to give a completely dispassionate view.

Let's put it to bed or move it to where it belongs now - what do you say chaps?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Ok nuke em, no-ones objecting to your freedom of speech - just perhaps restart here:

The Bear Garden

There's been too much of this tonight, it isn't helping and it isn't what this part of this site is about.

If you want the thread closed, as OP you can PM a mod to ask them to do it for you.

But let's all calm down, get some perspective and realise the previous thread was closed by Mods (with or without my suggestion) because they felt there wasn't anything else they could say on the matter and it wasn't in the appropriate place - if you want to, please post in the appropriate place. They obviously can't be drawn on individual cases as that would be unfair to the person removed from CAG.

I actually moderate a professinal website and I don't know enough about this case to comment (and wouldn't if I did) but I know that on the website I moderate Laiste's actions would have been construed as soliciting for business and therefore not allowed. I'm not commenting on any of the action taken, but trying to give a completely dispassionate view.

Let's put it to bed or move it to where it belongs now - what do you say chaps?

Ok as i've said...if it makes people happy and draws the line under it etc then it can be moved/shut down

By the way how do you know i'm a "Chap" ? I might be a Lady dont you know, and as i Lady i might like to go for walks down the road in Little Britain... :cool:

-

I was being general - if you are a "lady" feel free to join my debate on whether to go for breast reduction in the bear garden.

PMSL xxx

I was being general - if you are a "lady" feel free to join my debate on whether to go for breast reduction in the bear garden.

PMSL xxx

Half price breasts???...... I'll have a couple!!!!!! :) :)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

You can have half each of mine - they're bloody agony, I can tell you.

You'd better believe it, baby.

ok i was there, in my surgical scrubs where were you ?

-

Have I read it right? Is Laiste no longer with us?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Yes, but this thread is descending into chaos, so, in the words of the beatles "let it be"

• Haha 1