• Tweets

• Hi All. My other halfs car was having issues when she was on a trip visiting family up north at the begining of January.  She ended up leaving it at my friends garage in the same location, who parked it on his forecourt to investigate the issue, howver said most likely it is beyond economical repair as its a serious gearbox fault. In the meantime i replaced her car with one of my spare cars. The insurance on the car then expired in at the end of January.  When the insurance expired, I sent a paper V890 paper as i didnt have her V5 Reference number in hand to do it online.   She then cancelled her road tax at the end of March (i think) as she was paying by DD. Unfortunately, as we where travelling we missed all the post until last week. We recievd a letter dated 09/04/2024 stating she had failed to insure the vehcile and there was a £100 fine which could be reduced to £50 if she respons by 11/05/2024.  As soon as we noticed, i dug out the documents and SORN'd the vehicle.   My friend has been a bit slow in checking the fault, however i suspect it will still be scrapped. Is this possible to appeal?
    • worthy to not forget Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly. Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account. There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm  
    • Hi All. I went to visit a family friend in Rochdale on a new housing estate opposite a old row of houses. The location is Royle Road, Postcode OL11 3PE. I was originally parked in parking bays outside the old houses, then moved the car, when I noticed my tyre was flat, so parked on what looked like double yellows to use his air pump to check and inflate the tyres before we left the house.   In the time i went inside to sort the pump and power supply i got a PCN.  The tyre then got changed (has a puncture) and we left. PCN Number:         RE######## Date:             04/05/2024 Time:             20:36 Observation:         20:34 to 20:36 Reported location:     Royle Park Road Reason:        Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (Code: 01) I believe this PCN is not correct and has grounds to appeal: 1. My friend who moved into the property around 6 months ago, swears that even though it has old double yellows marked, they are not current or council marked.   He said the property development company had said they had marked them for ease of access during development. 2. The road i was parked on was Royle Road.  The PCN was issued for Royle Park Road, which is about 400 yards up the road. 3. There are no sign posts or marking showing parking  restriction hours in the entire area (there maybe on Royle park Road). I have attached a map of the Location where i parked as a red dot. I have 2 questions: a.  Is there a way to check where double yellow lines are marked on some register to check if they are current? b. Can my grounds of appeal simply be, wrong location, wrong offence? Thanks in advance. Map_20240505.pdf
    • you made it very confusing, though i doubt any of it was ever read by the delivery franchise for DPD. your saving grace might well be you didn't select your own address (though if you are all the same postcode..??) and neither mentioned a safe space other than another neighbour. but with the actual delivery address on the parcel, it appears the driver had a choice of 3 addresses, all under the same post code with differing house numbers. so chose the label one but left it on your doorstep. play it carefully and along with the photo and the retailers requirement you should be ok.   dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Wally V Robinson Way - Help please

Wally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - I'm back!!

2 letters tday from our friends, both the same.

They are headed "Notice of legal Proceedings" Basically they want the full amount owed or they will issue Court proceedings.

I havent actually cancelled the £5 DD I have for these 2 accounts anyway so they are still receiving this.

Whats the next plan of action I should take?

Wally:confused:

Standard Robbers threatomatic. Read it again. Bet it says they MAY issue legal proceedings.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine says they will if I dont pay.

I guess thats it then.

The'll be waving a crappy application form at the judge.

I'm sending them this as I've got a new ink cartridge.

Robinson Way and Company

London Scottish House

Quays Reach

Carolina Way

Salford

M50 2ZY

Recorded Signed for Delivery

4 Pages

** October 2007

Notice of Intended Court Action

Acc ref: ******************

FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES.

I Do Not Acknowledge any debt to your company.

Dear Sir

I have today received your letter dated ** ****** 2007 which purports to be a letter before action and threatens that legal proceedings will be issued after 7 days if no payment is made to the account .

I will not be making any payment to you.

I will not be calling you. This is because I do not carry out any financial business on the telephone, all business between us must be in writing.

On ** ******** 2007 your complaint and compliance Manager wrote to me and stated that your company “will not enter into further correspondence with me on this matter”, yet you still insist on sending out these system produced letters this is obviously intended to cause distress and harassment.

Please provide me with proof of your lawful right to claim any money from me and why you believe that you have any contractual right to be processing my personal data.

You are reminded.

You must not telephone me either at my home number or any of my employers numbers, any calls from you will be recorded and construed as harassment.

You must not threaten to send collection staff to my residence as again this will be construed as harassment.

Take note that any implied right of access that may have existed to my residence and grounds is withdrawn from you and any of your agents apart from Royal Mail, to this effect, for you to send a door step collector will be considered trespass and harassment and you will be held liable and reported to the relevant authorities.

You have threatened that you may take court action against me;

I will be vigorously defending any court action.

As you are aware, under the pre-action protocols of the Civil Procedure Rules,

I am entitled in order to enable me to file a defence and counter-claim lawfully entitled to request specific information regarding the account, to be provided forthwith.

Given that you have stated that this matter may be subject to legal proceedings, if you decide to embark on this course of action, you are obliged to disclose under the rules, the following information and documents must be supplied to me as detailed below;

If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

IN RESPECT OF THE ALLEGED DEBT CLAIMED, I REQUIRE:

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of any default and at the time the account was opened.

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:

a. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to it the account.

b. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

c. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account.

d. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

e. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

f. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

g. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

h. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.

i. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

j. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

k. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

4. A copy of your complaints procedure, as required by the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

5. Clarification of the date you acquired the debt, what organisation you acquired it from, their registered office, their company number (if any) and what legal title they had to this debt, and what credit license number they had at the time that the debt was purchased or entered into.

You have 10 days to comply.

I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that through your non-compliance you are frustrating proceedings and denying me the opportunity to file a defence and counter claim.

Note:

In my lawful request dated to you on ** ************* 2007 I clearly requested a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the account in dispute. A “true copy” means a first generation copy of the actual signed document.

This document should be readily available as proof of your or your clients legal right to collect this account.

Your failure to provide this documentation within the statutory time limits means you client have committed a summary criminal offence.

I will be highlighting this at any court hearing.

If you make arrangements for me to view the original documentation at one of your branches close to my home, provided that the document is a fully compliant Consumer Credit Agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I will immediately, after viewing, resume payments.

However due to the vexatious nature of your correspondence I reserve the right to make formal complaints against you and your client to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading to whom I may now send copies of our correspondence as evidence.

Please be aware that I am logging all correspondence with you with regards to this matter and will be charging for time at the rate of £**.** per hour as part of my counterclaim against any action you or I may take.

I trust you will deal with this matter using all due diligence.

Kindest Regards

Cas

Robbed from various threads

Thanks for all your help and support.

I would gladly send them the letter posted by clutingatstraws but the only thing is they did send me copies of the actual origianl agreement I initially had. Does this make a difference:confused:

I am just about coming out of bad credit rating etc on my credit file and I dont want this to upset everything again.

Also as I have carried on paying them each month as agreed why are they threatening me?

I'm really not sure what I should be doing next.

Wally:(

Yup, I agree - I just got my letter - notice of intended legal proceedings - even though they haven't produced a CCA, haven't got a CCA and they know that I know this.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I can't scan them in as I dont have a scanner - one that works !!

Anyway on looking closley they are a copy of the application forms which I filled in and signed several years ago.

So - should I just send the above letter but carry on with the £5 dd?

What is really funny is that they have made up their own Notice of Assignment saying they are th administrator and owner of the debt:rolleyes:

Do they think we where all born yesterday??

Anyway off to write to the lovely Rebecca Cooper, she must get alot of love letters:D

Ok how does this sound chaps? - I have edited a few bits:)

Robinson Way and Company

London Scottish House

Quays Reach

Carolina Way

Salford

M50 2ZY27th October 2007

Notice of Intended Court Action

Acc ref: ***********

FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES.

I Do Not Acknowledge any debt to your company.

Dear Sir

I have today received your letter dated 22nd Ocober 2007 which purports to be a letter before action and threatens that legal proceedings will be issued after 7 days if no payment is made to the account .

I will not be making any payment to you.

I will not be calling you. This is because I do not carry out any financial business on the telephone, all business between us must be in writing.

Please provide me with proof of your lawful right to claim any money from me and why you believe that you have any contractual right to be processing my personal data. A copy of a “Card request Form” is notacceptable as proof of ownership of the account in a Court of Law.

You are reminded.

You must not telephone me either at my home number or any of my employers numbers, any calls from you will be recorded and construed as harassment.

You must not threaten to send collection staff to my residence as again this will be construed as harassment.

You have threatened that you may take court action against me;

I will be vigorously defending any court action.

As you are aware, under the pre-action protocols of the Civil Procedure Rules,

I am entitled in order to enable me to file a defence and counter-claim lawfully entitled to request specific information regarding the account, to be provided forthwith.

Given that you have stated that this matter may be subject to legal proceedings, if you decide to embark on this course of action, you are obliged to disclose under the rules, the following information and documents must be supplied to me as detailed below;

If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

IN RESPECT OF THE ALLEGED DEBT CLAIMED, I REQUIRE:

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of any default and at the time the account was opened.

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:

a. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to it the account.

b. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

c. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account.

d. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

e. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

f. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

g. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

h. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.

i. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

j. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

k. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

4. A copy of your complaints procedure, as required by the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

5. Clarification of the date you acquired the debt, what organisation you acquired it from, their registered office, their company number (if any) and what legal title they had to this debt, and what credit license number they had at the time that the debt was purchased or entered into.

You have 10 days to comply.

I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that through your non-compliance you are frustrating proceedings and denying me the opportunity to file a defence and counter claim.

Note:

In my lawful request dated to you on 20th September 2007 I clearly requested a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the account in dispute. A “true copy” means a first generation copy of the actual signed document.

This document should be readily available as proof of your or your clients legal right to collect this account.

Your failure to provide this documentation within the statutory time limits means you have committed a summary criminal offence.

I will be highlighting this at any court hearing.

If you make arrangements for me to view the original documentation at one of your branches close to my home, provided that the document is a fully compliant Consumer Credit Agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I will immediately, after viewing, resume payments.

However due to the vexatious nature of your correspondence I reserve the right to make formal complaints against you and your client to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading to whom I may now send copies of our correspondence as evidence.

Please be aware that I am logging all correspondence with you with regards to this matter and will be charging for time at the rate of £25 per hour as part of my counterclaim against any action you or I may take.

I trust you will deal with this matter using all due diligence.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

Had a nice suprise in the post last night - large thick brown envelope full of all my statements from the day I opened up the Credit Card account.

All it said was they where enclosing the statements as asked for by me:confused:

Does this now proove that I do actually pay them??

they are trying to pursue monies based on the terms and conditions of a written contract (namely the CCA)

without this document, there is no contract, nor anything for them to pursue. they hold no legal right to collect without the CCA

Failing to produce the document is also a breach of the law

You are waiting for them to provide you with the document, or concede there isn't one.

They can send you anything they want, but without that document, its just so much toilet paper

They are after me too, they sent me a letter that said if i don't pay on the 15th they will pursue legal action. it's now the 30th and all i have by 15 days later is some solicitor telling me they have advised RW to take legal action, and i can still avoid it by paying.

I asked them on the phone to send in detail how, why and when i owe this debt and they said "we don't have a customer service department" so i gave them some stick and the guy got real assay thinking he knows what hes doing acting all smug.

These guys are a bunch of idiots!!

simplest way to deal with them is in writing

that way:

you dont get annoyed

if they lie to you it's in writing and admissable in court.

Think about it, if nobody is calling them or speaking to them on the phone, what is the point in having an expensive callcentre. eventually if everyone played the game. all of those annoying little tw*ts would be out of work

I find telling them quite loudly to flip off and pointblank refuse to answer their security questions gets the required response