Anyone had dealings with LCS AKA 1st Locate (UK) ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

These muppets are chasing me for aa alleged Scottish Power debt from a couple of years ago.

they have the wrong name for a start off.

In company house it says (but no comment about debt collection)

They are registered with CSA contact name is [email protected] but how do I check online that the do have a Consumer Credit licence?

Name & Registered Office:

1ST LOCATE (UK) LIMITED

3A LEODIS COURT

LEEDS

WEST YORKSHIRE LS11 5JJ

Company No. 03702599

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 27/01/1999

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7460 - Investigation & security

7240 - Data base activities

6523 - Other financial intermediation

7230 - Data processing Accounting Reference Date: 30/04

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/04/2005 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 28/02/2007

Last Return Made Up To: 27/01/2006

Next Return Due: 24/02/2007

Last Members List: 27/01/2006

Previous Names:Date of changePrevious Name25/02/1999INVESTICOM LIMITEDThey are also known as

1ST LOCATE

LEEDS CONSULTANCY SERVICES

L. C. S.

LEVI BLACK AND ASSOCIATES in the Information Commissioners site.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

• 3 months later...

I am also having problems with LCS I have received several letters the initials are the same as mine and the debt is £48 for scottish power I opened the first letter because the name was very similiar to mine but any other letters I have received I have sent them back unopened not known at this address return to sender. I have telephoned them but I won't waste my time anymore. I have lived at my present address for 35 years and according to LCS I was living at another address in 1999. I have now received a postcard informing this person that an agent will be calling at my address on friday well they are going to be very disappointed because that person they are after doesn't live here and I am certainly not going to answer the door to them.

Debtmountain,

Don't know if the OFT will give you the info but it might be worth emailing them mailto:[email protected] and mark it for the attention of the Credit Licensing Enquiries Team or fax on 020 7211 8877.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well I decided to stay in all day just to see if anyone came but surprise surprise no one turned up I think they must send these letters out to everyone with the same initials as the debtor hoping to scare someone into paying up.

• 1 year later...

I received an answering machine message out of the blue - a man with a strong northern accent left a very aggressive sounding message insisting it was urgent that I call him back. The first thought was that a family member had been involved in an accident. He listed my full name but did not identify himself or the company he worked for.

I rang back the number and got the same man. He immediately demanded private details about myself. I questioned him as to which company he represented but he wouldn't tell me. When I said I wouldn't comply with his request for my private details until I knew which company he worked for he hung up!

I swallowed my pride and telephoned again and this time spoke to a female (perhaps Scandinavian or American?). She wasn't quite so rude but her thinly disguised contempt was appalling. When I said my name she laughed and I could hear somebody laughing in the background.

As it turned out the matter was easily resolved with Scottish Power (and it turned out to be their error) but I would seriously question whether they have made the correct choice with L.C.S. Surely the people who work for these agencies should show empathy and patience - not unpleasant bully boy tactics and ridicule like L.C.S. - Disgraceful!!

You will find, unfortunately, that their approach is pretty much industry standard.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I recieved a letter 2 weeks ago sent to my current address in my maiden name (I have been married for 6 years) alleging a debt owed to e-on between Jan 1988 and May 2002. I have now recieved a second letter saying that they may send a local rep to my house and charge me if I'm not in. I did try phoning but after being kept on hold twice the phone just cut off. Not sure whether to just ignore them as I dont recall being with eon and its over 6 years old. Has anyone had a visit from these people?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Assisted blonde you really need to start your own thread on this. As the alleged debt is more than 6 years old you can quite happily tell them to bog off as it will be statute barred. Their local rep never seems to turn up but if they do tell them to get lost. These people have no legal powers and if they don't leave when told to they are trespassing.

• 4 months later...

FYI - their postcards/letters advising that a local rep will call are bu****it - simply scare tactics to get you to call them. No one will come out to your house as they simply don't have any 'local reps'. I worked for them for a short while - worst mistake i ever made, they treat their staff the same way they treat the public.

• 2 months later...

the 1st locate team have been looking at my credit file at my old adress but havent contacted me at my new address i looked up my credit file today and they viewed in august strange as i have never heard from them and dont have a clue what tey were looking for but my old address no longer exists, what i did note on my credit file was details about my mobile phone contract as i also have other products from them too so it wouldnt take a genmius to access what network im with and get my number argh!!!!!! ive now taken to getting people to tell me my personal details when they phone i refuse to give oput any info over the phone the other day i got a call to upgrade my contract when i said when is it due for renewal they said two months when in fact is 14 as its a 2 year contact god only knows who it was calling

they all work the same way. power companys send a list out to companys like lcs. they then try to find the person who owes the debt. if they find a person who "fits" they will send a letter , if they do not get a reply in a couple of weeks they will send a secound letter or post card . if you can prove the debt is not yours then there is no harm in calling them and explaining why its not yours. they will ask for proof. ie letter from land lord etc. golden rule. when you move in get a meter reading and when you move out get a meter reading. a lot of bills are for when the house/flat was empty.

• 6 months later...

I felt that my recent experience of this LCS bunch was quite an interesting one! I work for a local authority. We own a particular residential property, which was once occupied by a fellow employee. He left to go to a new job in November 2006, and moved to a new county. He met the lady who is now his wife. She never lived at his former home.

LCS have been bombarding the poor woman with letters, phone calls and emails over a purported debt to British Gas for £132, allegedly run up at the property she never occupied during a time when it was vacant anyway, after her husband left it. LCS insisted that they had got her details from some credit reference agency, but this had to be a blatant lie, as she'd never lived at the property involved. As the property is owned by a local authority, all the utilities bills were paid centrally, not by the tenant, so I knew that there was nothing owing in any case. In the end, my former colleague asked me to write to LCS to tell them that the house was owned by a local authority, and had never been occupied by his wife. I gladly did so, telling them that no correspondence would be entered into, and any contact at all would be referred directly to our Legal team. That was mid December 2009, and so far so good. It just goes to show that this lot, and others like them, will stoop just about as low as they possibly can to try and get money out of people.

Thank heavens this group exists I thought I was the only target for these fraudsters.

I have recently recieved a letter from LCS under the pretence of "UTILITY INVESTIGATION" demanding my details and the previous owners details etc. I have no Utility debts whatsoever! This is a blatant attempt to build a data base for their other nefarious practice's under their legitimate Utilities banner, ( I use the term legitimate loosely). They have a web site to send your responses. I complied with details I received from the stars above and had a wee chuckle.

I ask that every member here adds similar entries to put a spanner in their works, I have added about 50 now but realise that more will be required.

If you wish to participate the web address is lcso.co.uk. My ref was BRI/1234567 , the first three letters I assume is the name of the correspondant then the 7 digits the file name, ( I have changed the original file numbers for obvious reasons). I do hope you respond favourably as the only way to stop this practice is disinformation rather than complaints procedures as they are at the moment.

Ihave had correspondence from this company claiming I owe £260 in gas and electric to British Gas for Feb 2009. However the property in question was completely empty during this period as there was a change in tenants. LCS are claiming there is an outstanding bill in my own name(the legal owner) of £260 for this one month period. I have told them i am willing to pay this amount so go back to British gas and come back with a true figure of gas and electric used.

I then recieved the card that says they will be visiting the property!

So i decided to go to British Gas myself and liase directly with them. When dicussing the bill with them the on the phone, the customer rep for British gas told me there are no outstanding bills in my name on that property! i am awaiting LCS's call!

These guys are absoloutly disgraceful! I have been harrased for monies I do not owe!

Dear Daidobbsassociation - don't even talk to them any more, even if they do phone you. As British Gas has confirmed nothing is owed to them in your name at that property, LCS will not be able to do anything to you, and they certainly won't be sending anyone round to your house. You know you are in the right, and can prove it, whatever else they might threaten. As well as LCS, I've had personal experience of another of these so-called debt collection agencies, and chose to ignore their correspondence completely, having consulted my Trading Standards department. TS advised me that in the majority of such cases, the agency is simply "phishing", hoping that some poor soul will cave in under the enormous pressure they exert by various means, and pay up, even if they don't believe they owe anything. The "letter" I had from this other company was one line in the middle of the page, stating "Call this number immediately. Your urgent attention is required. Please quote ref:XXXXX and ask for the undersigned". That was it. Well I didn't call them, of course - no decent company would ever send such a thing with no hint of what it was all about. A quick whizz on the internet confirmed my suspicions! From my visits to this website, I can see how people's lives are made such a misery by these companies, for no good reason.

Hang in there - you will overcome!

Ihave had correspondence from this company claiming I owe £260 in gas and electric to British Gas for Feb 2009. However the property in question was completely empty during this period as there was a change in tenants. LCS are claiming there is an outstanding bill in my own name(the legal owner) of £260 for this one month period. I have told them i am willing to pay this amount so go back to British gas and come back with a true figure of gas and electric used.

I then recieved the card that says they will be visiting the property!

So i decided to go to British Gas myself and liase directly with them. When dicussing the bill with them the on the phone, the customer rep for British gas told me there are no outstanding bills in my name on that property! i am awaiting LCS's call!

These guys are absoloutly disgraceful! I have been harrased for monies I do not owe!

Ask British Gas to send you a statement of account or a letter confirming that there is no outstanding debt. Send a copy of this to LCS. If LCS continue to pursue you after this, complain to your local Trading Standards.

They are a bunch of classic threat monkeys.

They do a lot of utility work, they alsdo do banks.

They tend to blanket letter bomb every address they can rustle up and yes 9 times out ten it's inaccurate, but they are hoping for a reaction usually a phone call.

I'll give you an example they once sent 3 letters to 3 previoius addressses, none of which was current and one was my mothers address, they know they can get lucky this way.

They skate very thin ice and the best way to deal with utility debts is IN DISPUTE and PROVE IT, they don't get paid for this amount of hasle and they are as i've said classic threat monkeys they are looking for a quick buck when they can't get it they will move on.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

I quite agree, Unmoderatethenet. If they get no response, what on earth can they do? Frightening people unfortunately seems to be their way of working - how many posts on this site are from people who've been told that their home will be repossessed for the sake of £50 or whatever? Even people who know for sure they owe nothing to anyone seriously consider paying up just to get these devils off their backs. How they are allowed to continue in business (I use the word loosely, you understand!), is beyond me. It worries me, too, that major utilities appear to be happy to sell on relatively small debts to these companies when they must know how they operate. What's worse is that very often, these sold-on debts appear to have been cleared long before the "debt" was sold!

Levi Black and Assoociates are a trading style of 1st Locate UK Ltd.They also have a trading style called LCS. I have had letters from them also. I did alittle investigating and the owners of this company are a Mr Andrew Barclay D.O.B 08/06/1965 and Gillian Barclay Address: and the other director is Darren Guest D.O.B 21/08/1974 Address I also have recieved threatening letters. If they keep sending them explain to them by letter that you will be contacting the office of fair trading concerning harrassment. Just a thought send some letters to their addresses and lets see how they like it. This information can be found at companies house by using the companies reg number which is 03702599. You then get their annual report and it gives their information.

I hope this helps

These muppets are chasing me for aa alleged Scottish Power debt from a couple of years ago.

they have the wrong name for a start off.

In company house it says (but no comment about debt collection)

They are registered with CSA contact name is [email protected] but how do I check online that the do have a Consumer Credit licence?

Name & Registered Office:

1ST LOCATE (UK) LIMITED

3A LEODIS COURT

LEEDS

WEST YORKSHIRE LS11 5JJ

Company No. 03702599

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 27/01/1999

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7460 - Investigation & security

7240 - Data base activities

6523 - Other financial intermediation

7230 - Data processing Accounting Reference Date: 30/04

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/04/2005 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 28/02/2007

Last Return Made Up To: 27/01/2006

Next Return Due: 24/02/2007

Last Members List: 27/01/2006

Previous Names:Date of changePrevious Name25/02/1999INVESTICOM LIMITEDThey are also known as

1ST LOCATE

LEEDS CONSULTANCY SERVICES

L. C. S.

LEVI BLACK AND ASSOCIATES in the Information Commissioners site.

LLevi Black and Assoociates are a trading style of 1st Locate UK Ltd.They also have a trading style called LCS. I have had letters from them also. I did alittle investigating and the owners of this company are a Mr Andrew Barclay D.O.B 08/06/1965 and Gillian Barclay Address: and the other director is Darren Guest D.O.B 21/08/1974 Address I also have recieved threatening letters. If they keep sending them explain to them by letter that you will be contacting the office of fair trading concerning harassment. Just a thought send some letters to their addresses and lets see how they like it. This information can be found at companies house by using the companies reg number which is03702599. You then get their annual report and it gives their information.

I hope this helps

Levi Black and Assoociates are a trading style of 1st Locate UK Ltd.They also have a trading style called LCS. I have had letters from them also. I did alittle investigating and the owners of this company are a Mr Andrew Barclay D.O.B 08/06/1965 and Gillian Barclay Address: and the other director is Darren Guest D.O.B 21/08/1974 I also have recieved threatening letters. If they keep sending them explain to them by letter that you will be contacting the office of fair trading concerning harassment. Just a thought send some letters to their addresses and lets see how they like it. This information can be found at companies house by using the companies reg number which is03702599. You then get their annual report and it gives their information.

I hope this helps

I have just received, at work, a letter from LCS about the alleged debt of £132 "owed" to British Gas - they had pursued the wife of the former employee who had lived in a house owned by my employers, a local authority. She had never lived there, and told them so, they told her she was a liar, blah, blah. I wrote to them to deflect them from the former employee, and threatened them with our Legal Services if they didn't back off. Foolishly, they haven't! The period they quote as being the one when the "debt" was accrued was when the house was vacant anyway, and BG had had a letter telling them so. I've referred them to Legal, so watch this space to see what happens!

They have been sending me letters regards a debt stretching over 2 years from a previous address. I was only living there for 2 months! I called them to tell them this. They then went quiet for 1 month, i then got another letter ignoring the fact of information i had given them, so i thought go away, then im getting cards through door saying someone will visit, well if someone visits me they will get a mo9uthful cos i lived there 2 months thats it! And only gas i had was for cooker as hsd no heating! Im 7 months pregnant so they can have my hormones glady. But what do i say to them, can they come in my house? Will they take things? but its not my debt!! help please! x

No, Lily2903, they can't just come into your house. Take a further look on this website, regarding these debt collection agencies, and see how others have dealt with this horrible lot. If it's not your debt, they can't make you pay it. Contact your local Trading Standards Department, too - look under your County Council in the phone book for the number. They will give you good advice. I can guarantee LCS won't send someone to your house, either. Is this alleged debt for British Gas? If so, I'm not surprised. They seem to be very quick to sell on old debts, and often ones which have already been settled (bad administration on their part).

LCS can't declare you bankrupt, either, if they include that threat in a letter - only a court can do that. Do not acknowledge this alleged debt, and don't speak to them on the phone again. If they call you, end the call having said only that you will only deal with them in writing. This website has some excellent formats of letters you can send them, if it becomes necessary, so do check it all out. Please don't be scared - you will win, and there are loads of us on this site to help.

I wont be answering them at all, they keep sending me text messages, and its getting to me a bit, and the letters are ridiculous. As you can imagine its the last thing anyone wants! So are you sure they wont send anyone round? but i mean if they do, should i just refse to talk to them or tell them, i have given the company the information required and re iterate it to them? x