Suspension, sick leave issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all its been a long time since I've posted.

I worked at this agency since 2014 and was suspended without pay over a safeguarding issue.

Due to stress and anxiety I went on to statutory sick pay and the employer went quiet.

I wrote to them recently and they responded that the case is on hold and I have to come off the sick for the case to proceed.

At the moment I'm thinking along the lines of an Employment tribunal as I think that they are behaving very unfairly.

I don't really want to stay with them over the way that they have treated me but I just don't know what to do next and am worried sick about having no money at all.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Suspension without pay? Is this allowed in your contract?

What would be your grounds for an ET case? Exactly what are you being accused of?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi,

if you are off sick with stress reated things they may be trying not to add to it by not making you have a hearing right now. Have you tried asking your doctor for a fit note saying you are ok to attend meetings about the issue?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Its a zero hours contract... I've been accused of lifting someone up rather than supporting them up as they stood themselves to stabilise them (I did the latter as they can stand independently but they were unsteady as they were unsettled behaviour wise).

No they said that they would resume the investigation when I'm signed fit, which means that they will go straight from the beginning. The problem is if I'm signed as fit due to the zero hours contract I won't get any pay.

how long how you been with them for? It seems to me that suspension was excessive. could not just talk to you?

Since 2014 so comfortably over 2 years. They did speak to me and then suspended me. I think the manager has a grudge against me tbh.

Anyway a written complaint has been made against them and my doctor is aware of the whole situation...

Since 2014 so comfortably over 2 years. They did speak to me and then suspended me. I think the manager has a grudge against me tbh.

Anyway a written complaint has been made against them and my doctor is aware of the whole situation...

so you have employees rights. suspension should be paid. what's in your contract.it's fishy.you're punished while they breach emloyment law in not paying you.

I'm officially on a zero hours contract through them and they have made no offer of payment. I haven't seen the contract as such so I'm not really sure. They have been paying me SSP due to the stress and anxiety this is causing. Their attitude towards me was 'can't I borrow some money off people?'

Anyway a written complaint has now been made to them with the threat of an employment tribunal.