Income Support question

Leane1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to bother you all but I receive Income Support and Housing benefit. Recently I have my elderly father come to live with me. I have informed Income support and housing about this. He has paid off alot of my debts which I had and I used his money also to change things in the house for him eg. decorate his room, new bed etc. When I rang both the benefits to say do I need to declare the money he has given me they said whatever he gives me is between me and him. Is this correct please as its worrying me?

Knowing now how underhand these depts can be, I would seriously consider asking them to confirm that in writing to be quite honest, & if not, atleast ask for the name of the person that has told you that over the phone x

unless the money you receive affects your capital, then it should not affect your IS or HB

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I would get that confirmed as I was called into an interview as they said I had too much money going into my account. I was informed at the interview that income support and housing benefit should be informed of all money you receive. I questioned this and asked even if someone lends me £5.00 I have to ring and tell you and they said yes. I personally think it's stupid to expect people to inform them of every penny you receive, even if they are loans etc x

Hi again ............ I foned Income Support again today, I do worry, but they said the same thing again. Anyway, I asked them to cancel my Income Support (this is the 5th time of asking now as they've always talked me out of it by saying everything is fine) because I think I'd be alot happier.

Hi again ............ I foned Income Support again today, I do worry, but they said the same thing again. Anyway, I asked them to cancel my Income Support (this is the 5th time of asking now as they've always talked me out of it by saying everything is fine) because I think I'd be alot happier.

If you get it in writing that it's ok, you really shouldn't have any problems in the future.

If you can afford to cancel the IS then it's up to you, you might sleep easier, I know I do now I am off benefits, but apparently any decent benefit debt will be right to make you aware of what you're entitled to. My council doesn't give a shiney & are quite happy when people cancel their housing benefit. No questions asked.

But I would think to cancel it properly, they'll want in writing or by email x