style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of the problems I see here is that your Council are tied up closely with Capita for a lot of different issues. Capita of course own Equita which may be the reason you get the replies you do. Have you also sent off for a breakdown of their fees yet! If not do so ASAP.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the bailiff can only charge fee set by legislation (can you post the letter) 1st visit fee £24.50 2nd visit fee £18

I would also suggest that you keep proof that the car was scrapped as you will most defiantly have been charged a levy fee and van fee

Fire of an e-mail to (Chief Executive Officer) is stephen.hughes@birmingham .gov.uk informing him that you sent Equita an e-mail and recorded delivery letter asking for a breakdown of your account to date this information had not been forthcoming

the bailiff can only charge fee set by legislation (can you post the letter) 1st visit fee £24.50 2nd visit fee £18

I would also suggest that you keep proof that the car was scrapped as you will most defiantly have been charged a levy fee and van fee

Fire of an e-mail to (Chief Executive Officer) is stephen.hughes@birmingham .gov.uk informing him that you sent Equita an e-mail and recorded delivery letter asking for a breakdown of your account to date this information had not been forthcoming

HW,

I definitely do not disagree with you, BUT given the e-mail already sent today to Stephen Hughes, is it not better to save this "ammunition" depending on the result of that e-mail. It was intentionally worded to leave leaway for further action if he chose to ignore this. The reason I did this was that Stephen Hughes is a bullish character. There were massive calls for his resignation for bullying a couple of months ago. He is obviously not the easiest of individuals to deal with, and thus keeping things in reserve I would have thought would be a wise move.

Here's someone else having the same problem with the same Council and the same bailiffs - might it pay to join forces or compare notes?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284710-Equita-council-tax-bailiffs-advice-urgently-needed-please

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One of the problems I see here is that your Council are tied up closely with Capita for a lot of different issues. Capita of course own Equita which may be the reason you get the replies you do. Have you also sent off for a breakdown of their fees yet! If not do so ASAP.

PT

I am also aware of this and when I initailly made communiction by emailm with BCC regarding my council tax arrears they replied advising nothing they could do and that i need to deal with Equita. I replied with a lenthgy response and a recent letter I sent to Equita and BCC (see my thread) but within that response I requested if she was payrolled by Capita or BCC as I think this could be a conflict of interest. I plan to use this argument if I continue to get no joy and she was indeed on the payroll of Capita. One other thing, I also sent an email to my local MP steve McCabe (not counciller) maybe this is something you could try:oops:.

oh ok, that might be worth a try as i emailed the councillor and he said to go to cab which doesnt sound a good idea from these forums. well i got a reply back off the stephen hughes saying he will get back to me once he has investigated, financial ombudsman has been sent a complaint and hopefully in the next week i should hear off them the last thing i need before xmas is a bailiff hammering on the door x

hiya all,

ive just had a voicemail of a lady at the debt office at bham city council, she didnt leave her number but said they were putting a letter in post and could i respond asap. she said she was calling after stephen hughes had received a letter and to see what my situation and the help they will be able to offer.

what do i tell her tomorow apart from the obvious incase im fobbed off again??

nic x

hiya all,

ive just had a voicemail of a lady at the debt office at bham city council, she didnt leave her number but said they were putting a letter in post and could i respond asap. she said she was calling after stephen hughes had received a letter and to see what my situation and the help they will be able to offer.

what do i tell her tomorow apart from the obvious incase im fobbed off again??

nic x

Hiya Nic,

Have the letter (post 24) in front of you and reiterate what you said in that. If you expand make a note of it, and especially stress that the council are saying you have to arrange payment installments with bailiffs, but bailiffs refuse anything other than the full amount. This is making you ill, worried etc.... Basically the truth! At least they're doing something. Is there any way you can record the conversation (mobile phone voice recorder, portable cassette recorder with phone on loudspeaker, any way would be good so you have the evidence. By making you phone they don't put anything solid on paper, so be prepared to ask for anything they say in writing for the avoidance of doubt. Make a note of the date, time of call, who you're speaking to, extension number etc....

Tingy (Good luck x)

Hi Tingy I think the OP said they were going to receive a letter, if that's the case then they have to wait and see what it says. My advice would be don't rush the reply until you have got further help and advice.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Nic,

Sorry - I must learn to read!

If they're sending a letter that's much better. It keeps everything and writing and gives time to think and consult before you respond. I'm so pleased to see that they are doing something at last - not before time.

If the bailiffs do anything in the meantime it just gives you even more ammunition to fire which is great!

hi all,

i have good news. had a call off the council yesterday they are retracting the debt from equita so ican pay £39 a month from jan. was a very nice man who phoned and also had a nice email off stephen hughes saying he would stop all the recovery action and set up the payment plan.

so you can guess how much weight has been lifted off my shoulders, so glad they have helped me

thanks all for all the advice x:-)

Nic,

I am SO incredibly pleased for you. You could not have wished for a better Chrismas present after all that worry. Well done you for fighting it successfully, that's a brilliant result. I know I've never met you, but if you were here I'd give you a massive hug!

Relax and enjoy Christmas now,

Tingy

xxx