style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

im a protective tenant of some 27 years over the last 2 years i have have had 2 new landlords neither of whom have given me any form of tenancy agreement but have just said the old agreement still stands

now the rent assesemant officer has sent me the usaul form informing me of my rent increase ( every 2 years no problem) however the landlord is trying to put the rent up under the guise that they provide a service ( when i complained they said they ticked the wrong box) but because he gets charged by the owner of the building £ 870 per year insurance and maintenance, and admin charge this is good reason to pass this cost onto me, the fact that they have done bugger all to the property really winds me up

i know the rent officer has to inspect the property but can a new landlord inflick some sort of maintenace charge upon me?

i have never paid any sort of charge the whole 27 years i have lived in the house

hi all

im a protective tenant of some 27 years over the last 2 years i have have had 2 new landlords neither of whom have given me any form of tenancy agreement but have just said the old agreement still stands

now the rent assesemant officer has sent me the usaul form informing me of my rent increase ( every 2 years no problem) however the landlord is trying to put the rent up under the guise that they provide a service ( when i complained they said they ticked the wrong box) but because he gets charged by the owner of the building £ 870 per year insurance and maintenance, and admin charge this is good reason to pass this cost onto me, the fact that they have done bugger all to the property really winds me up

i know the rent officer has to inspect the property but can a new landlord inflick some sort of maintenace charge upon me?

i have never paid any sort of charge the whole 27 years i have lived in the house

Hi saturday night drive in

When a new LL buys a property with a existing sitting tenant regulated (protected) tenancy and your rent is registered under 1977 rent act..

Your LL cannot whack on a huge service charge,as you where paying No service charge before hand,the new LL hasn't got a leg to stand on.

You or the LL have the right to Object within 28 days of the decision by the rent officer,then the rent officer will refer the case to the rent assessment committee...

http://www.voa.gov.uk/fair_rent/index.htm

My tenancy is the same as yours and was sold to new LL who tried to charge me £15.00 a week service charge,until i pointed out that i was Not paying service charge under my old LL and there was No service charge shown on the entry on the rent register https://ebusiness.voa.gov.uk/err/SearchRegister.aspx

Your new LL will be lucky to get just a few pounds increase in the rent..

Edited by 45002
rent assessment committee

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

hi

thanks for your reply

i have invited the rent officer to inspect the property and pointed out this matter to him as well

basically they are just trying to pass on the the charge to me

remember watchdog on tv this is the same regis company that was causing agro to tenants

• 3 weeks later...

bump

[ 45002, thanks for this and, yes, I'd be interested in hearing how this goes :) ]

As for me, happy to help out. I am not a Landlord, but I have been in the past. I am not an Agent, but I have been in the past. I am, therefore, a has been, so always seek independent and suitably qualified advice elsewhere before relying upon whatever has been posted here :-)

• 2 months later...
bump

[ 45002, thanks for this and, yes, I'd be interested in hearing how this goes :) ]

Another Bump,hopefully "saturday night drive in" Subscribe to this topic and gets a Email.

Hello again saturday night drive in

Did you get a desicion from The Rent Service ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...