Esa query

koyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello There I have been awarded 18 points from my Esa Medical and received an award letter that I will be placed in the work related group. However after reviewing my medical report, I appealed and provided evidence that I should have been placed in the support group.

So I wanted to know whether the DWP will carry on paying me at the assessment rate until a decision is made on my appeal or will they pay what they have awarded me so far by being in the work related group.

Many Thanks

Hello. I'm a bit confused. You got 18 points and are appealing against the decision? People here would kill for that score or anything over 15.

I'm sure I've missed something, hope we can help you.

HB

HB although the OP has been passed not fit for work they feel that they should have been placed due to their condition into the Support Group.

The Op is asking if they appeal the decision to be placed into the WRA group because they think that they should be in the support group would they be paid at

1, the ESA assessment rate

or

2, ESA with WRA premium

whilst they appeal.

I'd hope that it would be 2 but I don't actually know :confused:

Sorry HB13 for the confusion but Speedfreek has got it correctly. I am aware of the horror stories but I feel with my current condition, I should be placed in the support group as I clearly met one of its descriptors of unable to walk for than 30 meters and provided medical evidence and challenged the medical report of the atos doctor who assessed me as I should have been awarded more points.

Thanks very much for your answer Antone and wanted to know if anyone can also advice me as I am on contributory ESA and my wife works full time but her work place maybe be reducing her hours so she will be doing under 24 hours a week. So I wanted to know whether I will be able to get extra financial assistence from DWP should this happen.

If your wife works less than 24 hours per week then you may be entitled to apply for the Income Related part of ESA. the amount you would get would depend on how much she earns/hours worked etc. Ring ESA and they should send you an ESA3 form to review your circumstances and see what extra can be added for your partner.

Thanks Rover87 and if my wife hours reduce then I will contact ESA but do you or anyone else know whether you still have to carry on providing sicknotes if you have been accpeted to the WRAG?