Kerobo Claims - any thoughts?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has any experience, good or bad, of Kerobo Claims for overturning credit card debt in respect of cards taken out before April 2007.

They have looked at 3 credit cards for me & one loan and come back saying they believe there to be several breeches with the credit card agreements. (They stated the NR Loan agreement was enforceable)

They charge £395 + VAT for each case.

I would REALLY appreciate some advice.

Warm regards,

Leigh

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do it yourself, why pay someone for what you can do for free

I have absolutely no idea how to go about this, but am ALL FOR doing it myself & not paying anyone else!!

If someone could point me in the right direction I would be incredibly grateful!

Leigh

OK first step is to send a cca request off to each of the creditors to get them to supply your agrrements

this costs £1 send a postal order do not sign the letter and send it recorded , they then have 12+2 days to supply the agreement, if after this time they have not supplied the agreement thenyou send the account in dispute letter and stop paying them

if you get an agreement simply post it up on here and people will check it out for you

the template can be found here

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

template 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I sent details of 2 pre 2007 credit cards to Kerobo and they got back to me yesterday. Apparently there are several breaches of contract relating to both cards which works in my favour but here's the rub. They want £495 per card to start proceedings!

It was at that point I thought I'd Google Kerobo and subsequently found this site. I have this morning sent off two letters with £1 postal orders to start the process myself. All unchartered waters for me but we shall see. I just thought £990 was extortion and I havn't got it anyway.

I now have 12 days to work out what to do next!

I have done exactly the same thing! Kerobo wanted £495 upfront to chase a credit card agreement with Egg. I have sent off for it myself for £1. Havent got a clue what to do when the 14 days have elapsed though!!!! Any help would be appreciated!

Don't touch this company!! I paid 800 to them in August and have heard nothing since. I have repeatedly e-mailed them and called, and they do not respond.

I have given them 14 days to give me my cash back or I will take them to the small claims court.

I do not seem to be alone in this, there are plenty of others with the same experience it would seem

Hi PGH7447:

I have my agreement. Where do I post it?

if you go to the forum in here of what creditor you have

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/#consumer-forums-center-bank

and click on new thread and post up there

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, have been contacted by Kerobo.

I was about to go with them but am in two minds now having read these postings. One of the cards I have is a pre-2007 Egg card - did dazw1971 and tazagirl ever get a reply from them?

Unless Kerobo waive their up-front fees when they ring me this afternoon, I think I shall go the do-it-myself route. I gather I need to write to my card people requesting the Credit Card Agreement. I worry that, when I receive the CCAs, I shall flounder and not see it through, or even have no grounds to see it through...

hi everybody,this is my first time using any kind of forum/bulletin board so everything is going to be slow and painful.I contacted kerobo about 3 outstanding accounts ,they were willing to help for a fee of £300 per a/c.I had the forms completed and ready to post and decided to try and get some kind of feedback which is how i came across this site.After some research on here decided not to use kerobo and request cca,s myself.If i post cca requests before xmas will this confuse the 12+2 days time limit,would i be better leaving until the new year,also once cca,s are returned what exactley am i looking for?If anyone has any pointers they would be greatly apprieciated,very confused newbie.

My understanding is that the £300 (or £350 + 10% fee that I've been quoted) is used to instruct solicitors to fight one's case in court. Whether or not the fee covers the requesting of the CCAs, too, I don't know. Nor do I know what to do with them once I've got them...

I went to see the CAB this morning to ask their advice on Kerobo, and similar companies. Their proper financial advisor was not available (made an appointment for January) but from the look of horror on the face of the lady I spoke to when I mentioned that I was thinking of instructing Kerobo, I shall wait until I've spoken properly to someone who doesn't have a financial interest in my wellbeing before I do anything.

• 1 month later...

Don't go near them.

I paid close to £1500 stupidly for three credit cards to be cleared as promised by Kerobo in July/August and have got no where. They advised me to pay with one of my credit cads that still had some credit available as I would get it all back at the end of it all. I was told that they would give me a free survey of my pre 2007 cards to see if we would have a successful claim. This was done over the telephone and confirmation of me being able clear my depts were promised. "We would not take your claim on if we thought you wouldnt have a successful claim" they said. Now they say they didnt say anything like that.

Every time I call, I get thobbed off and I now feel ripped off and hard done by.

Where do I stand now apart from being £1500 more in debt than the first place?

Thank you for that! your experience is pretty much the same as mine, except I've so far stopped short of signing anything.

The CAB recommended a company called Pay Plan who can help. Anyone any experience of them or the services they offer?

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i have used this company kerobo

they are a complete wast of time in the end i was virtually threatening them to sort this out

anyone who is unlucky enough to fall for this [problem] like me

u need to tell them your reporting them to the ministry of justice with your complaint and be prepared to do this

they will eventually pass you to a firm called ATM solicitors who are just as bad wont return phone calls ect

there success rate is virtually nil people need to be aware about this company they bombard people with phone calls promising everything

but you just end up in more trouble

I have reported them to the ministry of justice who have acknowledged the complaint. That was a few weeks ago, but I have heard nothing since.

Kerobo sent me yet more documents, which were just the same as the previous ones they sent (but to the right address this time). These people are a total shambles, please don't be convinced that they can help you, plenty of others can tell you otherwise.

Right. I have instructed Kerobo to act on my behalf but only after negotiating a reduced price. They originally wanted £500 but eventually came down to £249.

They have received my agreement from Egg and will give me an answer by the end of the week as to whether they are going to take on the case! If they dont then I get the money back! If they do they reckon they are guaranteedto win!!! Seems to good to be true but for the sake of £249 I thought it was worth the gamble! We shall see.

I will say though that they are crap at getting in touch. You have to constantly call them to get any answers. Its best if you get the name of the person that you speak with and constantly ask for them!

I will keep you updated on how I get on.

Hello Everyone

Just found this site via Google, I received text and email from these people thought I`d check them out ,

Glad I did !!

Also I`m a bit worried as to how they got my info as I`ve not heard of or contacted them.

As the other guys have said this is all new to me too