GE Money secured Loan Reclaiming for Mate at Work

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a secured loan and eviction date is 2nd December.

Loan was taken out in 2004 for £9000. Lots of payments made but GE money say they still owe nearly £9000 !

Edited by phatram

You are correct in trying to reclaim the charges . Is this through the FOS?

You need to find out the exact amount of arrears excluding the charges.

As time is short I suggest a strong letter to the lender and copy to the solicitor asking for a complete break down of the MP due and MP made that make up the arrears.Say that it is needed for the court hearing.

Ell-enn is your best person for practical help. Can you post a few more details of who lives in the house and also the current financial position with other debts?

what is the reason for the arears

Can the borrower afford the normal MP together with an amount towards the arrears?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi there, update us later if you can and I will see what I can do to help :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

They have an appointment at housing aid Mon morning. CAB not really very interested that charges make up some of the debt. Arrears caused by ill health.

GE sent a letter which arrived today stating that to repay the loan in full it would cost £9824. They only borrowed £9900 and have been paying it until last year,so they've paid £180 a month for nearly 5 years but still owe nearly what they borrowed. Current balance is £9300 of which £2300 is arrears.

yeah very like our case same lenders ,.. same eviction date aswell ,.. same letters ,.. surely you can dispute the toal arreas and ask for adjorment on these grounds , as its easy to sayyou owe X amount ,.. your appeal you would put dispute total arreas and sure after reading up on this the judge would give you time and ask lenders to provide proof of figures owed , as believe arreas can only be the monthly payments missed ,... I will be interested to see what others think ,.. best of luck

• dx100uk changed the title to GE Money secured Loan Reclaiming for Mate at Work