HSBC Business Account Claim **WON**

poker_mad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just trying to log into mine and have a look now but i'm pretty sure you include the 8% in there. If i'm wrong someone will no doubt correct me, but it might also be worth having a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

• 2 months later...

I have an old business account which I have started a claim for, however I am still recieving charges each month. HSBC are moving about 95% of the overdrawn balance from my personal account to keep my business account topped up. They still leave it overdrawn each month so they can charge me the fee and the account running fee due to the one transaction. I am happy for it to stay overdrawn(as I will start another claim once I have won) but is there any way I can stop them moving the money? This month they plan to charge me £175 for being £9 overdrawn.

Any advise would be welcome.

I am not sure on whether you can stop them using funds from one to subsidise another but, if you closed your account and opened one with another bank, they couldn't touch any money in it!

I take it the account they are taking the funds from is where your income is paid into. So close that and open another account and reach an agreement with them on paying an ammount every month into your old account.

I had a similar problem some years ago and they agreed to freeze the account and I arranged for a dd of an ammount I could afford to be paid of the account every month. They even reduced the interest to 2% and did not charge for account running fee.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

• 1 month later...

I have a hearing for my application for removal of stay on Monday afternoon. Im looking for as much info and advice as I can get.

Just to update, The account was left about £5 overdrwn for abount 6 months without any charges. Once I started court action the charges started again but just around £40 a month. Once the OFT test case was made public the charges went up to a couple of hundred a month.

I have had to move banks because 2 months ago they emptied my account which I put all my Direct Debits in for the month. They transfered the money to pay off some of the charges. This let all my direct debits get returned and now ive got more charges. I even had to have 2 days off work as I had no money to by fuel.

I phoned and wrote to complain but they dont do complaints because of the OFT. But they still write demanding that the unautherised overdraft is paid off.

Any advice would be great.

This thread may help you. It contains some links to other threads aswell.:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/112990-hearing-remove-stay.html?highlight=stay+hearing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

You have left it very late to get prepaired but have a look at post #197 on my thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/85633-castelbest-ii-return-claims.html

and post #23 on this thread should give you an idea of what happens in the court :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/94703-hdr-hsbc.html

good luck

pete

Good luck. I will have everything crossed for you this afternoon. don't forget to come back and let us know how it went.

Again, good luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Well I'm back, HSBC turned up with a reply to my request to remove stay, The Judge listened to us both then decieded the stay should remain in place and also it was also unfair to request a ban on HSBC applying any more charges. But also added that they would be unable to take me to court for the charges since my claim started until the result of the test case was known.

I did my best to explain to the Judge that this is an old business account(soletrader) which I last used in July 2006. After that the account remained £2.60 overdrawn ( without any charges)until February this year when I went and closed the account. I applied for copy statements and the charges started up again normally £30 a month. Once the test case was made public the charges have gone up to £176 in August 07 and £128 in September 07. They have also in August emptied both mu personal currant accounts to pay off the charges that were building up. They did this the day before all my direct debits came out. They didint return them just charged me £100's for the fun of it. I have now moved to another bank and moved all direct debits and wages co they can let all them charges keep adding up.

. I applied for copy statements and the charges started up again normally £30 a month.

surely this is proof in itself that the charges are unlawful-if it costs them £30 per month to run your account then it would have done since you were first overdrawn.

Once the test case was made public the charges have gone up to £176 in August 07 and £128 in September 07.

more proof, why such a big jump?

I have now moved to another bank and moved all direct debits and wages co they can let all them charges keep adding up.

same here. i actually have money to pay bills with, now!

sorry about the result in court, by the way.:( at least the judge imposed a degree of fairness, i guess

ROFL i LUV post 213 Pete :)

314 just proves the point as to what complete ******** they are

and 319 is utter class :D

Might just nick some of those ideas myself if and when the time comes, as I hope it does

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D