Barclays appointed DCA ... I can't wait!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Grrrrr.. :mad:

I just had a phone call from Barclays Debt Recovery Dept. in Manchester.

In a moment of little (or no) concentration I found myself having a conversation with an extremely rude, pompous and arrogant woman regarding an old Woolwich account that had migrated to Barclays with an overdrawn balance of £187.

Several months ago, I received a letter from some outfit called 'Chelmer', apparently they are the 'collection tentacle' of Barclays Bank ... I sent them a income/expenditure statement and explained that with a debt-to-income ratio of 202% and no realisable assets bankruptcy was inevitable.

I went on to explain that I would send nominal monthly payments of £1.50 until such time I could pay the OR's deposit and petition for bankruptcy at which point they would receive a bankruptcy order .... they accepted this and a form of letter (tick boxes) from Barclays confirmed that they would accept 'what I can afford' each month - I have sent Chelmers £1.50 each month since.

Back to this morning ....

After the usual question and answer routine .... the 40 second call went like this ....

Can you pay this £180?

No!

Why not?

I have a confirmed arrangement with you to pay 'What I can afford' each month, which is £1.50

Errrrrr no, you must pay it all now or the debt will be passed on to a professional debt collector.

Sorry, can't pay anymore saving to go bankrupt, and anyway I have an arrangement with you via Chelmers!

Chelmers! .... who are they and why are you paying them?

Chelmers are the people that have been taking £1 ..... (at this point I was interrupted and spoken over) .... anyhow, it doesn't matter who they are, you owe us £180 and we aim to collect it, you will be hearing from a professional debt collector as we have passed the debt on to them .... goodbye ...... Click, phone goes dead!

I was speechless for a short while and then I rang Barclays Bank and blew s... out of them and demanded a full investigation into this persons attitude on the telephone ..... They were grovelling by the time I had finished with them.

I can't wait for the DCA letter to fall through my letterbox :D

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Barclays/Chelmers?

Boa....

It's difficult to remember that when you're up to your arse in crocodiles your objective was to drain the swamp.

Hiya,

Sorry I don’t have similar experiences with Barclays but I can tell you this is definitely a new trick that DCA’s in general are using, must be in the training manual. DCA’s being trained in psychology, scary stuff.

They are getting very good at hanging up on people and cancelling previous agreements at the drop of a hat. This happened to me with Scott and clowns, so I just wrote to them and told them I would pass on my telephone recordings onto the FOS.

Next day I got a letter saying the original agreement had been set up and computer error was to blame.

Oh I never did have any recordings.

What must we never do…repeat after me.

NEVER CALL THEM

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Hiya,

Sorry I don’t have similar experiences with Barclays but I can tell you this is definitely a new trick that DCA’s in general are using, must be in the training manual. DCA’s being trained in psychology, scary stuff.

Oh, DCA's always take the path of least resistance and on the phone that is to 'hang-up'

I can't understand how I have managed to get this topic posted twice .... perhaps a site moderator can do the necessary and cancel or combine one with the other.:confused:

boa.......

It's difficult to remember that when you're up to your arse in crocodiles your objective was to drain the swamp.

Just had a phone call from Barclays complaints department who obviously acted immediately on my telephone complaint yesterday .....

She had listened to the recording and agrees that the operator was bang out of order and that she was going to be reprimanded for her 'lack of sensitivity and good manners'

I also managed to wheedle the name of the DCA that they have passed the account to, although she wasn't 100% sure she mentioned RMA.

RMA ... never dealt with them, s'pose they are as devious as all of the others!

As I previously mentioned, this account was originally with the Woolwich (current account) and then it changed to Barclays (also a current account) it was never used whilst in the new Barclays form and the balance was almost entirely made up of Woolwich charges on a previously failed DD ....

I indicated to the woman on the phone this morning that I was so 'hacked off' with their attitude over this small amount that, despite my legal and moral obligation to pay the debt, I am going to cease with the nominal payments and that I was also considering making life difficult for them by submitting a Subject Access Request with the view to reclaiming the charges ... albeit only £180!

As I understand, a CCA request will serve no purpose as it was a current account .... is that correct?

If so, then I will get me a tenner PO and send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) before I get any further communication from the 'new DCA' RMA.

Presumably, as the Woolwich are no longer I send the request to Barclays and await with interest as to what they will send me for my £10;)

Perhaps a little advice wouldn't go amiss . ......

Boa..

Edited by boavista1952

I would write to Barclays and tell 'em you are not happy with the way they are behaving and you wish to make a complaint. Ask for their complaints procedure. Until that arrives and the matter is resolved the matter is in dispute.

When RMA (or whoever) write to you/call you to act for Barclays as their agents tell them you consider the matter to be in dispute and have written to Barclays to tell them so. The reasons for the dispute are no concern of theirs but they should withdraw/send the matter back to Barclays unless they want to be involved in the inevitable complaint.

In a SARN make sure you tell Barclays you want everything relating to you. That inludes the recroding of your conversation with the snotty cow. That should be reason enough to get a complaint going with theFinancial Services Ombudsman.

Thanks NailPost ... I will do that and get it off tomorrow:)

I will update the post when matters develop as a result of either hearing from RMA or getting a response from the S.A.R

Boa ....

Subscribing :)

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Tell em due to the stress of the phone call you feel some compensation would be appropriate, like er £187 :D

:D:D:D .......... Now that would be result ....

Got this in the post earlier today ...

000_1218.jpg

I think I will respond by doing as NailPost suggests ........ try and keep the pressure on.

Boa....

As I understand, a CCA request will serve no purpose as it was a current account .... is that correct?

If so, then I will get me a tenner PO and send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) before I get any further communication from the 'new DCA' RMA.

Presumably, as the Woolwich are no longer I send the request to Barclays and await with interest as to what they will send me for my £10wink.gif

I have complete my letter to Barclays but there is still the question about CCA or S.A.R request ....

I'm fairly sure that a S.A.R request would be more appropriate given the debt arose mainly from charges on a current account .... just looking for a few words of reassurance from an expert:)

Boa ....

I'm no expert but would say you are correct about the CCA not covering a current account.

Regards

Bigandy

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Thanks Bigandy .... I'm sure I read somewhere that was the case .... trouble is there is so much information on this site that is becomes confusing ... what may apply to one debt doesn't necessarily apply to others ..... or am I just thick!:D

RMA attempted to interogate me on the telephone earlier this afternoon ... I told them in no uncertain terms that if they had anything to say to me they should put it in writing .... I have had three more calls since the first at 14:37 all from RMA .... this is going to be fun:D

Their number has been logged and I will leave the calls unanswered ...

Boa...

Got this in the post this morning .......

000_1239.jpg

Posted the S.A.R request to Barclays earlier today so we will see about their "we will no longer accept any further communication from you" statement! :D

Is it possible somebody can point me in the right direction for the correct address to S.A.R Barclays Bank please .... I have spent ages trying to find reference to it on the site to no avail.

Would be appreciated, many thanks:)

Just thought ..... can I just send it to the Barclays Recovery Department in Manchester since I am dealing with them at present.

Update:

Still no written communication from RMA but getting an average of 5 calls a day from them the most recent 14:55 today.

Needless to say, I have been ignoring them.

:)

Got this in the post this morning ....

000_1314.jpg

I don't actually know which Saturday they are on about!

Boa:)

I love the way they say ''This is to CONFIRM'' as if you would be daft enough to make an appointment for a doorstep muppet to call with you.

Hope you have the cream buns ordered

Hope you have the cream buns ordered

Oh yes, I have got the best china out as well:D

Boa..

I know that there is a law someplace that forbids them to come to your address... Something about only allowing a postman or someone asking for directions... I really can not remember the Act, but thats always a good one to send off to the DCAs