style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a visit from Marston Bailiffs re an unpaid TV license fine. I owe them £400. I explained to the bailiff that I was on Income support and would like to pay the debt but i couldnt pay it in full. He said that it had to be paid immediately or he would return with a locksmith.

After much persuasion he said that the best he could do was to call me the next day and take £100 by card and the remaining £300 the week after which is Wednesday. He said this was the only option so I agreed so he didnt come into my house there and then. He called me and took the £100 by card (and charged be £1 administration which he didnt tell me about) and said he would call the week after and I better have the £300 or he would be there straight away to take my goods. I am scared cos I dont think I will have the £300 on Wednesday, I have 3 kids to feed and a limited income. I could pay hoime £200 and the remainder the week after but he wont agree. He said that by law he can only offer me 14 days to pay and thats at his discretion. Is this true? Please help!!!:-(:sad:

Hello mumof3boys.

I am going to move your thread to the bailiff forum, you will get more advice there.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

The contract with HMCS provides for consideration being given to refer the debt back to the court in velnerable cases. Being on Income Support is once of them.

In an event you can ask for the fine to be deducted at source from your IS at the statutory rate of £5 per WEEK.

There is a template letter concerning this under ConsumerWiki . If you cant find it please post back and I will post one on here for you.

If you have a complaint about the bailiff or the manner in which your account has been dealt with then you can e-mail one of the seven regional HMCS Managers appointed to deal with your complaint. There are seperate people for each different area of the country. ie: South East, South West, North East etc. If you let me know which area you are in I can provide the details to you. I would suggest that this e-mail is sent immediately as this should ensure that the visit on Wednesday is stopped.

Finally, the bailiff can accept payments over 90 days......not 14. He is speaking nonsense.