I've been offered a job abroad- and I can't find much info on them- any thoughts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll give u the details

They have offered me a project managers job 70$ an hour 40 hours per week

They ave given me my contract

The first three months s probation period and you have to find your own accomadation

You need a three month certificate to verify where you will be staying for immigration

I spoke to accommodation people http://www.mendaapartments.com

And they require 3 months payment to issue certificate $1650

Now I've spoken via email to consiege and they said they will accept 1 months rent $550 as a reservation

I'm just a little worried about paying money when I'm not sure if everything's legitimate

The jobs in Cameroon

Any thoughts rebel???

Ps thans for your help

I spoke to my partner and she says that it's worrying you have to pay money before you get there

Mayb I'm being to scepticle !!!!

It's a fanastic opportunity and I feel constructin in this country is totally FINISHED!!!!!

I would be very, very wary as the job is in Cameroon as it could be a Nigerian type con. I don't like the fact that you need to pay money up front. Most reputable companies on an oversea's posting will supply accommodation for the first month or accommodation at a cut price.

Can you find an address for them?

E-mail the US Government, find out if they've got a contract with 'Nkohteken' National, Nkohteken's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. government' Do some research see if any of there claims are 'true', i.e. 'projects', I'm doubtful.

Yes I understand all this

This is how it went

1. Sent cv

2. Replied cv excellent

3. Received job description and application form- signed and sent back

4. Received medical form and contract

5. Booked meeting with GP for medical and have to send with two passport photos and accomadation certificate

6.spoke to accomodation and have to send reservation form then find out about paying rental deposit

That's where the problem lies - rental deposit before I get there ??? Odd!!

Just a bit of info

Domain Name: NKOHTEKENCORP.COM

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Name Server: NS07.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Name Server: NS08.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Updated Date: 28-may-2012

Creation Date: 28-may-2012

Expiration Date: 28-may-2013

Obviouslysobusy they just got around to getting a web site

Excellent babia, I'm sure there's a similar site out there, that's been copied.:-)

Just a bit of info

Domain Name: NKOHTEKENCORP.COM

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Name Server: NS07.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Name Server: NS08.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Updated Date: 28-may-2012

Creation Date: 28-may-2012

Expiration Date: 28-may-2013

Obviouslysobusy they just got around to getting a web site

Google :- A $4.2 billion greenfield copper concentrator project high in the Peruvian Andes

http://biz.prlog.org/nkohtekencorp/

Why would they have only recently registered a website and why for only a year? This is beginning to look very fishy. What is the name of the actual company you will be working for in the Cameroon as it sounds like this lot may be a con recruiting company? I may have some security connections in that area and will ask them.

BTW a lot of the links on the website do not work. Also they are actively recruiting in South Africa in areas that I am familiar with geographically.

Edited by Surfer01

Hi

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING TO DO WITH AFRICA OR AFRICAN COMPANIES [no disrespect to Africans intended]

Well, it sounded rather disrespectful...

Is the rental company a separate entity to the employer?

When I have rented before in the uk, I've had to pay a month in advance plus a month deposit, so that alone wouldn't worry me. What is it that concerns you that aside? Have you visited the place in person?

My husband has just gone out to South Africa to work, all his accommodation was paid for, his medical insurance, his visa and work permit, his flights and they also sent a £50 bank draft to cover expenses for him to get to Heathrow!! On arrival he was met by a chauffeur and day 2 was given a hire car, all with no expense to us!!

The only money he had to find was his 1st weeks living money and he received that all back yesterday!! This sounds very very dodgy!!!

Bess2001

I rang the number and was expecting to hear an American citizen

It was a black African voice and I asked him to send me company details in the USA

Now that's weird and I now believe it's rubbish

I've been a fool!!!

Your not a fool, just make sure you Report the site, save other from losing their money.

I rang the number and was expecting to hear an American citizen

It was a black African voice and I asked him to send me company details in the USA

Now that's weird and I now believe it's rubbish

I've been a fool!!!

Just to add, three of my connections, all formerly policemen in Africa, have stated that it is a known con. One of them is very active in the region in security although at present on contract in Kabul. The money upfront was the give away as normally your accommodation is supplied for the duration of the contract especially at $70 an hour.