inruance and mot (not what you think!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bet you thought I was going to ask if i'm insured without an MOT ;-)

OK so my local MOT place is closed until tuesday, my insurance runs out on Monday and I don't want to renew as i'm selling it. My mate assures me that he can ride my bike on his insurance to an MOT center (the existing will have expired Monday) on Tuesday. I'm not 100% but I seem to remember that for him to be 3rd party on my bike, I need to have insurance?

I suspect this means he would be riding it with no MOT and no insurance (although the MOT can be overcome with an appointment)

This all sounds very dodgy to me.... what do you think?

Thanks!!

IF your friend has a policy that allows him/her to drive other vehicles not owned or registered to him/her, then he/she can legally drive your vehicle on the road, however, the cover afforded to him/her will be third party only, so if they have an accident that is their fault, or involves an uninsured driver etc then you have no-one to turn to for the cost of repairs.

Would the garage not arrange collection/delivery?

Could your friend not do a temporary (one day) change of vehicle to their policy (assuming they have comprehensive insurance).

As long as the vehicle is pre-booked in for an MOT then your friend can drive it to the testing station and back again.

Mossy

Oh im sure the garage will collect/deliver .... for a fee!

I know when I rang my insurance they said I was only 3rd party on someone elses bike IF they had fully comp themselves. Not sure why this clause but thats how it was. I wonder if this is a standard clause for all?