MacKenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Over the weekend I recieved a lovely letter from the famous MacKenzie Hall. The debt they are claiming I owe is for 1st credit and ended up in Lowell's hands at first. I CCA'ed Lowell's January 2008 and to this day I never recieved the CCA agreement. The letters still came in demanding money then all went quiet (I do have the all this in another thread).

Then the letter from MacKenzie Hall came through.

01MacKenzieHall.jpg

Ok firstly if they send anyone to my door they will be told to go forth and multiply.

Secondly how can Lowell pass this on when it is in dispute?

Thirdly does anybody have a clue what a saction is ;)

The alleged debt is around 9 years old and is 110% statute barred. What is my best way to deal with these idiots all help is greatly appreciated :D

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Thanks F_DCAs I was gonna send the statute barred letter off and see what came back just didnt know if there was something else that I should of done before hand. Thanks again :)

I'm afraid I've never heard of a 'saction' before, never encountered a 'saction', and I don't think I know anyone else who has.

I've just come off a very entertaining Youtube argument with a guy who presumably works for or possibly even runs a collection agency (I suspect one I've mentioned by name in a clip), and one who also can't spell very well at all.

Had some fun there, but I don't appear to have heard from him after Friday. Shame, I was just beginning to enjoy myself.

I just can't figure out why those on the other side of the fence are just so inarticulate, without exception.

• Haha 1

Sanction??? aahhhh its actually making sense now. Thought it was maybe a scottish word that i was unfamiliar with ;)

Hi,

has anybody ever got a decent reply from Mackenzie Hall when emailing them? I have sent off the statute barred letter but today I thought sod it and sent it an email version of it to around 6 Mackenzie Hall email addresses (well I thought if they can fire loads of letters to me why cant i lol). Finally got a reply from a Mr. Michael Dorrans saying they couldnt discuss it over email but he would gladly help if i phoned him (as much i wanted to phone him and give him a load of verbal i resisted temptation). I did email back saying that the letter was on its way anyway and that I wanted a speedy reply to state that the account was statute barred and that they would close their file on this and wouldn't be in contact with me again. Still waiting a response (which I now doubt will come lol)

Is this the usual response from them or has he just fobbed me off?

They are unhappy at putting anything down on paper because that creates a paper trail which can, and would, be used against them if they were stupid enough to take anyone to court.

Its about all they can do to string a sentence together in an e-mail. In another thread they have claimed e-mail is not a proper form of correspondence. Well it is where I work and that's in a business where paper trails count a lot.

Insist on everything in writing and if they demand you call them instead refer the matter to the regulators.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the quick replies guys. So I just sit and wait and see what they say about the statute barred argument. From what I have read I'm not actually expecting them to read it and I'm just expecting more threat-o-grams off them. After that is it the Complaints line? Or is it possible to nip up to scotland with some of my friends and make a doorstep visit ;)

Excellent. Well if they get in touch with more threats I will just sit it out until they vanish. If they get in touch and agree with me then thats great. If they just vanish then thats fantastic. Just half waiting for Meritforce to pay me a visit. Will chase the muppets right down the street if I have to lol. Thanks again for all your help. No doubt I will post on here again if I get anymore serious trouble off these clowns :p

No problem. Will let you know if they EVER turn up and will point them in your direction. Just make sure you have the kettle back on our maybe just microwave that cold cup of tea :p

Good Morning,

I got a lovely email last night off Michael Dorrans stating the following:

Again thank you for your recent communication, unfortunately the claim that your outstanding account is statue barred are unfounded. This account has been outstanding since its default on the 24th November 2003, therefore the laws found within the limitations act 1980 do not apply to your outstanding account, As a result your balance of £X,XXX.XX is still owed and legally pursuable. Payment is due to be paid no later than noon on Friday 13th March 2009 to prevent the account being referred back to our client with the recommendation to pursue further action against yourself.

I thought when a default was placed on me this had nothing to do with the statute barred time limits (otherwise would they ever default people). Their is no default on my credit file either. I thought the statute barred timer started when i last made payment or acknowledged the debt not when they decide they want to place a default against me?

Oh I have to pay on Friday............nah can't be bothered doing that lol ;)

What would be the best thing to send back to my new found friend Michael??

Thanks again :p

I could but I'm starting to enjoy my new found friendship with Michael. Am I right in what I am saying though Mr. Ton? I really want to email him back and tell him this. If I know I'm right I will start getting in touch with OFT etc. Thank you for your help by the way :D

The time limits starts from the date of the last payment masde to the account. This does not necessarily tally with the banks/original creditor's date. If you want to be entirekly certain ask your new found friend to provide documentary proof of the last payment made. If he can't you expect him to go away

Thanks NailPost, I have emailed him saying that the statute barred time starts from when the last payments was made on the alleged debt or when the last acknowledgement was made on the alleged debt NOT when the default was placed on it. Also asked him to send me prove if he thinks I am wrong. I finally told him that if he cant then a final communication should be sent to me saying the case is closed. If it isnt and they continue to harrass me then I have informed hom that I will be going to the OFT and Trading Standards.

After all that I just hope my new found friend invites me to the pub for a "we are sorry for harrassing you" pint. If he does I will make sure everyone gets an invite lol. Thanks again :p

Oh now I have a new friend, a Mr. Mark Lafferty (I want to lafferty at him). He seems to be getting a little hot headed with me. Here is the email i recieved:

Dear XXXXX,

Perhaps you did not read, or comprehend my colleagues message.

Your account is not Statute Barred.

Failure to meet repayment by the afore mentioned deadline may result in a recommendation being passed to our client, to instruct further action against you in order to recover the monies owed by yourself. I strongly urge you to contact our offices upon receipt of this correspondence, to discuss the repayment of your debt.

Ignoring this matter will not make your problem go away XXXXX. Please call me today.

Eagerly awaiting your response & with best regards

Sooooooooo I have sent the following reply:

Dear Mr. Lafferty,

Perhaps you are not understanding what the law clearly states. You and your collegue are telling me that the account is not statute barred but as the law states this is not from when the default starts.

Unless you can prove to me that this debt is not statute barred then I suggest that you tell me that the case is closed and that I will have no further communication from yourselves.

Eagerly awaiting your response

Oh this is turning into sooooooo much fun lol. Any comments will greatly be appreciated :p