Any Advice Appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a financial dispute with two individuals whom i lent money to and who are now disputing that they owe it to me. I need to start involving solicitors now and possibly even progress to issuing legal proceedings.

I'm slightly worried about the escalating costs of lawyers and court proceedings and need some help with funding.

I earn over £27K so would not be eligible for Legal Aid. I live with my parents who have legal expenses cover on their insurance policy. Having checked with them they say that my type of claim is not covered under the policy.

So i am somewhat stuck now regarding funding my litigation costs.

Is anyone aware of any type of insurance policy that might cover me or any type of help that i may be able to get.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Thanks

How much are you owed? If it's less than £5000 (from each individual) then it will almost certainly be small claims and if you use a solicitor you would be extremely unlikely to get any costs back, win or lose.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I think perhaps some more detail is needed. Why are the individuals disputing that they owe you the money. Do you have any proof that they owe it, and most importantly, what are the chances that if you win they could actually pay you?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.