re:advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi This is the first time in using this site so please bare with me.

I am after advice on the following - i have a joint mortgage with my ex patner the house is a shared ownership I rent 60% and have a mortgage for 40%. I foolishly did a joint IVA WITH HIM last year. Is there any I can get out of it i am quite happy to pay my debt but not his, if he does not carry on paying then I will loose my home, I have a 14 yr old son and I am a full time student and qualifiy in 14 months.

If anyone can help I would be gratfull I just keep hitting brick walls

thanks for your time :)

hi

my ex partner ran up debt to 40,000 from having loan after loan. All the loans are in his name. The only way he could have an IVA was if I attached my debt to it, I had £300 to NEXT and I had a £12,000 loan from my bank which I took out 4years ago I was up to date with my payments for both. I did not want to go into the IVA but I got talked around by my ex and now I have not got a clue in what to do. Thanks for replying I appreciate it

Thanks

My understanding of IVA's is that they are a legal process so can not just be cancelled once they have been set up. The fact that it is joint complicates the matter - I assume none of the debts are in both your names?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.