Lloyds TSB Mastercard

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR is 40 calender days. You will need to allow them a little more time because you handed it into the branch rather than send it to the data controller at their registered address.

The CCA request is 12 working days (so no Saturdays or Sundays). Again you may want to allow them a little more time (to appear to be reasonable) as you didn't send it to where the account is administered.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi rory32,

Mmmm, thanks for that.

It`s just, as far as I`m concerned Lloyds now have the letters so it is upto them how fast or slow they get them to the relevant departments and deal with them.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Well the accepted procedures are SAR is sent directly to the Data Controller, CCA is sent to where the account is administered. You must be seen to be reasonable at all times otherwise any future complaint you make will not be taken seriously. For the sake of a couple of days I would say it is worth it.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Grumpy,

Thanks for the post.

I always thought that banks didn't bounce payments until the end of the day in case credits came in

Maybe I'm living in the past / my own little dream world

Yeah, that`s what I always thought, but I guess not. I like your dream world, it seems sensible and very fair.

The thing is, Lloyds TSB are now lowering their charges to £20 (Wow! I`ll save £15 on each), but also, if you go overdrawn and put sufficient funds in your account the same day before 3.30pm then they won`t charge you, and why is that I wonder?

I received that new charges letter shortly after I was charged. I was charged £35 from the knob heads at Lloyds TSB and also £12 from the Richard Craniums at Lloyds Card, so as you can imagine, I wasn`t amused in the slightest, it`s a total joke!

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi people,

Just a quick update:

Right, following my visit to my local Lloyds TSB last Friday (21 September) and my deposit of a SAR to Lloyds Mastercard and CCA to Lloyds Collections, I have just checked my online Current Account and Credit Card Account and have noticed a £1 payment paid off my Credit Card.

This payment was made on the 25 September.

The only thing I can think of is that the morons have used the CCA fee and paid this towards the Credit Card.

As yet, I have had no letters or calls from anyone.

Should I just wait untill the 12 working days are up and see if they send anything, and then cancel the Direct Debit and put my money and wages into my Halifax Account?

Just a quick note, do you count Saturdays as a working day as some branches are open on a Saturday morning?

I look foward to hearing from you all.

Regards

N.P.

• 1 month later...

Hi boys and girls,

Time for a couple of updates regarding the Lloyds TSB Credit Card.

I received the statements on Friday 2nd November. There are some late payment charges and a few overdrawn charges, and also PPI which started out at around £5 a month, now it is around £45 a month.

Also, they still tried to take money from the account, even though I have none in now and my wages are going into a different bank. This account has been in default now for a few weeks. I have since cancelled the Direct Debit for the Credit Card from my Lloyds TSB Current Account.

As there is an overdraft on the Current Account, I am still paying in £25 a month to cover the overdraft interest.

Now this morning I received a letter from Lloyds Card Service which I have typed out below -

Dear Mr X.

Your account number ****whatever****

We have been notified by your branch that the Direct Debit for your card account has been cancelled on your bank account.

Your account may now be settled by either completing the bank giro credit portion of your monthly statement and paying it over the counter at any U.K. bank, or by posting the completed slip with your payment to us.

Please allow sufficient time for future payments whether they are made through your bank or by post If you would like to know any more about the services we offer, or if you need further assistance please telephone our Helpdesk on the number at the top of this letter.

Please can you ensure you include your full account number on all written correspondence, and always have these details to hand when contacting us by telephone.

Yours sincerely,

Some idiot called Mike Gislingham

Operations Manager

Customer Accounts

Now considering, I CCA`d these fools a number of weeks ago, and they still haven`t shown up with anything and are still trying to take money from the Account and even paid the £1 CCA fee off the alleged Card debt. I think these ding dongs are trying to wind me up aren`t they?

My plan is to do nothing untill the nasty threatograms start demanding money. What do you think?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards

N.P.

I suspect they are just hoping you will pay up and go away.

Expect to have a long dialogue and get a big lever arch file to put all your paperwork in

;)

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan

I agree. Take another look at my LTSB thread for some direction and what to expect next.

Familiarise yourself with their complaints procedure and don't be afraid to use it...

Lloyds TSB - Complaints procedure

It'll probably be BLS Collections next! :rolleyes: A*ses and elbows spring to mind..! :D

Best, Dave.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies st and dmd.

I`ll just hang tight and see what comes through next.

DMD, well done with your RW campaign, I have just had a quick browse through of the latter pages and you`ve become something of a hero on this site. I agree with what you say though, when we stop laughing, then it`s time to give up". My girlfriend laughs at me the way I take the mick out of every stupid letter some numpty sends me.

Thanks again guys for your comments and guidance, it`s very much appreciated.

Regards

N.P.

Hi NP:D

LOL yes I agree with speedtrip, get yerself a strong lever arch file because the road is likely to become very long from now on, peppered with a rainforest worth of correspondence from the plonkers at Lloyds :rolleyes: .

The phone calls will also soon start no doubt, as they did with me, so my advice to you there as I am sure you know anyhow is not to agree to go thru security and tell them you will only deal with them in writing.

DMD can I add my best wishes to you too, I've so enjoyed reading your thread and you gave such helpful advice to so many of us. Please stay around won't you, even though that one thread has ended??:)

Love Spiritgirl x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hi again,

Just a little update.

Right, I`ve just checked my online statement regarding the Credit Card.

The next monthly statement is available online now and even though they still haven`t showed up with a CCA (they are now in default) they have still added Unpaid Direct Debit and Late Payment Charges of £12 each. There is also a PPI premium of £45.

Should I remind them the account is now is dispute and that they have so far failed to comply with my CCA request, and cancel the PPI?

Or, should I just keep waiting untill the start DEMANDING payments?

I was thinking along the lines of do nothing untill they start demanding payments and if they come up with a valid CCA then go for Charges and PPI. I would like to see the actual application to see if I ticked the PPI box.

Any comments or idea`s on what to do next if anything?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

N.P.

Hi again,

Thanks for that Curly, just as I thought. Why poke a wasps nest when they are asleep? Heh heh. :D

Are the £12 Credit Card charges still claimable? I`ve just read on someone else`s thread that they won`t pay up these Charges basically because the OFT say they are ok? Is that true of just some fob-off type waffle?

Thanks again,

Regards

N.P.

Total crud.

The OFT has said NOTHING of the sort.

Where credit card default charges are set at more than £12, the OFT will presume that they are unfair, and is likely to challenge the charge unless there are limited, exceptional business factors in play. A default charge is not fair simply because it is below £12. Setting a threshold for intervention is a pragmatic pro-consumer action that is designed to give the industry the opportunity to change its practice without litigation. It is supported by detailed guidance to the industry as to how to reduce the likelihood of public enforcement.

A default charge should only be used to recover certain limited administrative costs. These may include postage and stationery costs and staff costs and also a proportionate share of the costs of maintaining premises and IT systems necessary to deal with defaults

Where we conclude that a fee above the threshold is unfair we are likely to challenge the charge but will have regard to all the circumstances in deciding whether to do so or not. We will regard default charges set below the threshold as either not unfair or insufficiently detrimental to the economic interests of consumers in all the circumstances to warrant regulatory intervention at this time. This does not affect in any way the statutory rights of individual consumers, or groups of such consumers, to challenge the level of default charges, either above or below this threshold

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Totally agree, the OFT has not said that at all ,however the problem is that creditors and DCA s tend to manipulate the OFT guidance as it suits them and then imply that the oft has said that 12 pound is legal whic hit has not

Regards

paul

Hi guys,

Thanks for that. I was just making sure.

Right, off to work soon.

Yawn!!

Regards

N.P.

Hi boy and girls,

I had another boring standard letter from Lloyds Collections again this morning.

It basically says the account is now in arrear`s and has been passed to their Collection Centre (horror of horror`s, anyone but them duck eggs).

It goes on to say please make IMMEDIATE CONTACT (like I`m going to drop my tea and call them knob splats).

Then there is just more dribble about the charges that I will occur and likely consequences of continued default (like I`m really bothered now).

I`m guessing I should just blank this untill they start their dreaded further action, as they are still in default, still putting on more charges and still trying to take money off me every month. Don`t you just wish you were above the law like these amoeba`s think they are?

Do you think it`s time to launch one of Curlys letters yet or keep sitting tight?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

N.P

Wait until they have committed the summary criminal offence. Just file their threatogram for now.

Hi Rory,

Thanks for that, I thought that`s what I should do but I was just checking.

I`ve just worked out the days from when I dropped the letters into the bank and it`s been 37+2 working days or 51+2 days (including weekends).

The 12+2 and the 30 days would take it to next Wednesday 21st November.

Thanks again

Regards

N.P.

I assume you have proof of delivery to your bank ... will be helpful later...

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan

Hi speedtrip,

Yes, I actually popped into my local branch and handed over the letters and demanded a receipt. I had a seperate envelope for Lloyds TSB Bank regarding the SAR and a seperate one for Lloyds TSB Collections regarding the CCA.

There`s also the £1 deposit on the Credit Card Account which was the CCA fee, morons or what?

I`ve been thinking though, although the Account should now be in Dispute, they are still wanting money and still adding charges and interest each month, so the alleged debt is actually going up. Shouldn`t the morons hold ALL action on the account now?

I mean, what happens if they turn up with a enforceable CCA? Should I start payments from what the balance was at the time it should of entered a Disputed state? Or, are they allowed to keep piling on the charges and interest? If they add on charges, THEN add interest, then it will be higher than it should and will also make it more difficult to work out.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

N.P