CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lolly, there is NO evidence that the CRA's actively pass our information to the DCA's, but it is known that the DCA's trawl the CRA's records.

No forgetting of course that Experian is owned by a DCA.

A conflict of interest if ever their was one:evil:

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that a DCA should be required to provide proof, in the form of a signed executed agreement, that a debt exists before the CRA would even entertain the thought of recording a default on a person's file.

i totally agree with that, we need 100% proof if we want to remove anything, but it seems the same doesnt apply if they was to add something

I've been thinking about ODC's post about telephone calls etc, and wondered about adding the following?:

Additionally, where there has been any event which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to your keeping my records.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

What do you think? I've got a few hours yet before taking it to the Post Office, so again any help much appreciated! :)

Busy paying bills/writing cheques etc at the mo, but will get this posted today!! :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

The Data Controller,

Experian Ltd

Talbot House

Talbot Street

Nottingham

NG80 1TH

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Date: 3-9-2007

Dear Sir/Madam

DATA SUBJECT:

Sosumi

Sosumi House (;))

Postcode

Please supply me with a complete breakdown and copies of all information held with your organisation.

Also details for every organisation that has accessed my data for the period which you hold records and any supporting documentation and notes.

Please consider this a request under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. I enclose the statutory fee of £10 (Cheque xxxxxx) . You have 40 days in which to comply.

*I previously subscribed to CreditExpert, and also requested a hard copy of my credit file from you, which you provided dated xx August 2007, ref: xxxxxxx/xx. You should therefore have all the details you require from me, but please let me know by return if you require any other specific information.*

Additionally, where there has been any event which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to your keeping my records.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.

I would appreciate your due diligence.

Yours faithfully,

Sosumi

I think I've got it now! :) Cheers everyone (esp. CurlyBen) :) xx

I'm posting it here in full because I'm hoping to use it for the other CRAs and also the Land Registry.

I've put asterisks round the only paragraph that applies to me personally (ie. the CRF I refer to). Otherwise, hopefully it's good to go!

Be very careful with experian, because my wife applied on line last year for their so called free report and ended up paying £15.00 odd for this services, as they will want your card details before you can can progress on their on line services, and then being in the business that they are in they will try and get as much as possible from yours card. did complain to no avail.:|

M.W feel free as it's open to everyone.

The more the merrier for our happy little band ;)

:):):)

Hand-delivered yesterday. Got a receipt.

CB, I'm going to do a lot of studying today around this. The links you're providing are excellent! :) xx

On the website, 'About Experian', there's this page:

About Experian | Experian UK

The whole thing disturbs me greatly.

Particularly the 25-minute 'Focus Group' at the forthcoming conference :???:

And again, 'presentation is everything', it seems.

You don't reach the webpage above by clicking on any of the advertising links, instead you go here:

Experian Credit Expert, check credit rating, credit reports & file alerts - with Experian CreditExpert.co.uk

- and the aim of this main page is to get you to subscribe. As many OP's have said, the 'free credit check' is very tempting, and of course you can phone to cancel before the 'free month' is up - but what are we giving away in the process? To say that people are suddenly inundated with offers of loans etc 'by coincidence' beggars belief! What worries me most is the thought that sharks are out there, just waiting for a sign that you're struggling with your finances, waiting to smell blood! And if you take up the 'free credit check' offer, it shows up on your credit file...

These are huge firms, really huge. It's scary.

Hi Guys

I am awaiting junk mail then,as i only applied a week or so ago, let you know what companies contact me (might be of interest).Not ready for a week or so yet to do SAR as have got some serious studying to do before Friday as some of you know.

Cheers for all help

Hi Guys

I am awaiting junk mail then,as i only applied a week or so ago, let you know what companies contact me (might be of interest).Not ready for a week or so yet to do S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as have got some serious studying to do before Friday as some of you know.

Cheers for all help

It will be very interesting to see what arrives in the post ober the next few weeks

Just wanted to add - after my last post here this morning, hubby got an email from Experian. We both wrote, with £2 cheques, asking for a printed copy of our credit files. Previously we'd both subscribed to the Creditexpert service, so we asked also to cancel the subscriptions. A few days later we had emails referring to our 'emails' - they were letters - to say our subs had been cancelled. We waited a while, then sent them reminder emails saying that we hadn't received our printed credit files. They sent me mine. Both cheques were cashed. Bob sent another email saying he still hasn't received his - and got the email this morning. It was to ask him to phone Experian. He rang this morning. Was told they hadn't received an application, print one out, fill it in and enclose a statement showing the cheques that were cashed, and they'd send him his report.

But if they cancelled his sub and cashed the cheque, they did receive the letter! Bizarre!!

PS they have 7 offices in Nottingham. Very classy too :rolleyes:

Hi All

First piece of junk mail received today from Central Capital Mortgages Ltd.They want to lend me money!!!!!

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking 'Bingo!' here! ;):cool::eek: