CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a club house (just been watching Mickey Mouse Club House with my daughter).

It would be cool.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

New name - woohoo!!:D

What's intriguing me is why the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is taking so long.

Experian received my request on 5th Sept, began 'collating data' - according to their letter - on 11th Sept. Today's the 26th Sept - over 2 weeks ago!

PS - a treehouse would be good Tiglet - hard to see the wood for the trees at the minute. :)

PPS - hubby's letter last week, from the 'Partner Administator, Consumer Operations' at Experian, was signed in a grey-shaded box - a kind of digital signature? Paranoia rules!

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Watching this thread with interest, still ongoing with a number of CCA defaults at mo, but this sounds like a great next project. :)

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

thanks to peter the wonderful bard

The ‘sale’ or assignment of debts on defaulted accounts

52 When the rights to a debt are sold to a third party, the lender has to make sure the records with the credit reference agency are accurate, up to date and adequate. If they want information about the debts to continue on the credit reference file they will need to come to an agreement with the purchaser about who is to be responsible for this.

53 If the purchaser agrees to take control of the record, the customer should be informed that the debt has been sold or assigned and to whom. The credit reference agency file should be changed to show the name of the purchaser and that the rights to the debt have been sold or assigned. The purchaser should then make sure the record is kept up to date including changes to the amount still owed. The purchase should not affect how long the record is kept. It should be removed six years after the default.

54 Where the purchaser of the debt does not agree to take control of the record, the original lender, and at least in part the credit reference agency, will remain responsible if the original record is kept on the file. When the debt is sold or assigned, the customer will no longer owe any money to the original lender. If the record is not removed, the sale or assignment should be recorded and the balance should be shown as

zero. The customer should still be told who the debt has been sold or assigned to.

Subscribing too, and just in the nick of time! Was going to sign up to my "free" Experian/Equifax credit checks to see where I stand, and thanks to this brilliant "club" have decided not to open another can of worms.

This is scary...and would explain why a few months ago the OH was inundated with loan/remortgage etc calls and junk mail,...only a few days after his Equifax/Experian reports were received!

Thanks everyone, CAG coming up trumps again!!!

Red

Well I applied for this a few months back and nothing unexpected happened, so I'd say it's safe.

As I mentioned it is only and overview and as such not really as detailed as the main three.

But it is FREE, mmmmmm I like free ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Not bad, but seriously lacking in detail.

What detail does it lack Ben?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i have just registered with them thanks to one of the post above ,,wonder what suprises i will find,most probably be a horror story but i am past worrying about my credit reports ,not being blassey about them but i have had so many defaults that were all proccessed unlawfully, but time will cure this i hope

Thanks Curly But I Have To Wait Till My Operations I Go Into Hospital In Ten Days Time For A Double By Pass Then When Fit And Gone Through Re Hab I Have A Heart By Pass So I Got Time For All This,i Am Just Keeping Away From Stress Which Is Difficult But I Am Managing....

Oops Shouting Again

Thanks Curly But I Have To Wait Till My Operations I Go Into Hospital In Ten Days Time For A Double By Pass Then When Fit And Gone Through Re Hab I Have A Heart By Pass So I Got Time For All This,i Am Just Keeping Away From Stress Which Is Difficult But I Am Managing....

Oops Shouting Again

Yes Pq1 - please put all of this away until after your operation!

You absolutely do not want any kind of stress now. Find a good book to read, or curl up in front of the telly. Your health matters more than anything else! xx :-) xx

I get a monthly Credit Report following an attempt to steal my ID, I got mailings too, but I have just sent a Subject Access wotsit to these people and done a company search on the company - The Money Group Ltd - right shading looking background they have.. will report as is appropriate and familiar from the Cabot Fan Club Shouldn't mess with us :D

The new rules implement an EU Directive, the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive (UCP).

it is also worth seeing a copy of this weeks report about inflation where the debate was with the bank of england and wow wait till you read it,i watched it on sky tv last night and some intresting facts about the FSA and their punitive role in NORTHERN ROCK ALSO HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS

GNN - Government News Network

WE should ask the MPs to go through this as well as ordinary people

The free annual credit check site is down at the minute, but had a look last week and they had a link to a Downing Street Petition, which seemed good. I'm still waiting for my SAR reports to arrive!

They do themselves no favours, do they? They longer they take 'collating' the data, the more I wonder how much data there is!

This is a quick copy'n'paste from an earlier post. The 'focus group' on SCOR was what really bothered me - particularly who led it:

Jotty's post (:cool: where Experian states, in reply to a request to have info. removed:

Quote:

"Experian do not hold copies of the contracts you have signed, which will include your permission to share this information with credit reference agencies. In order to obtain a copy of this information and any further details of an account you will need to contact the companies directly at the addresses provided on your credit report."

"We do not hold copies of the information for similar reasons to why we cannot check the uthentisity of each search recorded on your credit report, the strict terms and conditions that we have in place are considered to be sufficient for us to ensure that the companies using our services are only recording legitimate information."

Hmm.

Again, to quote the subject of one themed event in the forthcoming..

Debt Collection, Debt Sale & Purchase Conference 2007

Setting the Standards..

Annual Conference & Exhibition 2007

OPEN TO BOTH MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION

'The Definitive Conference for Anyone Involved in the Credit Collection and Debt Sale and Purchase Industry"..

.. Day Two, Focus Sessions, Theme 1:

11.15 am:

..."SCOR – Access to full data is now available to all DBSG Members. Get maximum benefit."

Hmm.

Wouldn't I be right in thinking that CreditExpert (Experian) is projecting itself as a service for the consumer?

And yet, here's their Director for Regulatory Affairs, hosting a Focus Session on the fact that members of the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group (which, as we know, has some distinctly dodgy 'members') can now have full access to data as defined here:

Steering Committee on Reciprocity (SCOR)

I quote:

The UK finance industry established the Steering Committee on Reciprocity (SCOR) to develop and oversee documented guidelines on the use and sharing of credit performance and related data on individuals. SCOR consists of representatives from the CML, British Bankers Association, the Finance and Leasing Association, the Mail Order Trade Association and the Consumer Credit Trade Association, together with representatives from the credit reference agencies (CRAs) Experian, Equifax and Callcredit.

SCOR produced the Principles of Reciprocity (the Principles) after consultation with financial trade associations and regulatory bodies. The Principles set out the rules for the recording, supply and access of credit performance data shared through the CRAs. The 'Governing' principle is that data should only be shared for the prevention of over-commitment, bad debt, fraud and money laundering, and to support debt recovery and debtor tracing, with the aim of promoting responsible lending.

- I shaded that bit in orange, special ;):D