Reply Form Woolwich

e28bigalbexley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry rachbabe ive bin on holiday if you didnt get statements did you send your £10 with a Subject Access Request DPA1998 from the templates library.

Have you used the spreadsheet (Vampress did it and there are some note there too,to help) from the templates library, download it if you have EXCEL (i think it only works in excel:confused: ) in which you enter the date of the penalty (oldest first), then what type(od/dd/so,ect), then amount...carry on till your latest charge date .

then in the interest column you put in the interest charged for the month same procedure oldest first but only ONE interest amount per month if your in credit the spreadsheet will show 0.00, or just a blank cell:( , but if your in a debit/overdraft situation then put a - in front ie: -178.98 and the s/s will work it out for you:) , course if its a credit card and you owe them money its a minus all the time:D ......so you should have 2 columns of figures 1 of charges and one of interest on those charges , delete all the empty cells below you figures and print and save a few copies at the bottom of the spreadsheet there is a tab saying 8% its similar to the first on (i think you just copy and paste from the 1st page):shock: but dont do the 8% one till you have to go to court:oops: .

Goodluck Alan

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filled in my N1 form and all my spreadsheets for the Woolywich including 8% comes to £2325 going down Dartford CC tomorrow (thursday) to register it. have heard nadda from the woolwich since sending LBA except for 6 £35 charges ,which i have added to my spreadsheet, which confused me a bit cos they have changed (sumbodys bin updating) oh well wish me luck:lol:

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Filled in my N1 form and all my spreadsheets for the Woolywich including 8% comes to £2325 going down Dartford CC tomorrow (thursday) to register it. have heard nadda from the woolwich since sending LBA except for 6 £35 charges ,which i have added to my spreadsheet, which confused me a bit cos they have changed (sumbodys bin updating) oh well wish me luck:lol:

You're not far from me - I can recommend a court buddy if you're interested ;)

You're not far from me - I can recommend a court buddy if you're interested ;)

Thanks Mum may well do that i got held up at work so i cant get down the court till tuesday now but will let you all know when i get my case number.

Thanks you for your support all the best Alan.

ok sent dpa template to woolwich 15th June got a letter back from Mr Peter Townsend of Radbroke Hall which goes as follows...........

DATA PROTECTION ACT

We refer to your letter of june 15, which was passed to this department for comment due to your request for certain information under the terms of the Data Protection Act("the DPA").

As requested, a schedule of charges is in course of preparation and this will be sent to you shortly by the Woolwich; there will be no charge for this service and the bank will provide this information on a complimentary basis, your cheque is returned herewith.

As regards your mention of "manual intervention", the DPA does not oblige the Bank to comment about internal policies or procedures. Furthermorer, in the context of managing day to day transactions arising from out of order accounts, the Bank does not hold the information you have requested in a form in a form which would be covered by the DPA. Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute "personal data" under the DPA and therefore would not be covered by a s.7 DPA subject access request. For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that we do not generally record information in a way that is caught by the provisions of the DPA, is in no way an admission that there was no such manual intervention.

Yours sincerley

nhydnyd

Now i know i have seen this letter somewhere else on this site im going to run a search but hey what the hell i want my money back!!!

bigal.:grin:

I got the same standard letter from Barclays (im sueing the Woolwich). Yep they returned my cheque too. 40 days in now over well ended Sunday so i gather my next step is to send out the failure to comply and 7 days.

Voddie :D

You cant scare me Mr Bank manager i have children:shock:

Went down to Dartford County Court and filed my claim £2400ish felt very nervous but really they are really helpful read through my N1 and said thats fine and even told me they are getting loads of these,so walked out into a nice sunny day with big grin on my face. Cant wait to pay BAG 5% thanks.

PS. got aletter from monument 2 see thread.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Went down to Dartford County Court and filed my claim £2400ish felt very nervous but really they are really helpful read through my N1 and said thats fine and even told me they are getting loads of these,so walked out into a nice sunny day with big grin on my face.

Well done you :D

That was quick ive got the Ackonledgment of servide from the court came this morning (i only filed it yesterday at 12 noon and it was delivered at 9 30 is this a record).I got a claim no...nah nah na nah na..... 6DA02381:lol: sorry bout the spilling i got my fungers crossid for mum of three boyss cant tipe all thet well like this

got letter from barclays/woolwich offering £840.00 as a gesture of goodwill along with the usual conditions and that they disagree with my my view that their charges are penalties and that along with every other customer they provide a copy of their "terms and conditions" when i joined the bank. But strangely enough they forgot to include a copy of the "breakdown of costs inccured by the bank when you go overdrawn,or they, bounce a cheque, dont pay a direct debit/standing order" :confused: (has anbody else received this leaflet) so i am about to write the thanks but no thanks see you in court, yours faithfully letter.

Hope its sunny tommorow:cool: as its friday, how long does it usualy take the court to serve the injunction i bet the the papers crossed in the mail cos i dont believe they would have sent this offer if they had received the court papers, would they?

oh well hears to the weekend.:lol:

all the best Alan

just typed out letter for Barclays/woolwich

RE:Acc. No. XXXXXXXXXX

Dear ms walker

thankyou for letter 9th august. after careful consideration i have decided to decline your offer of £840.

My original request was for £1830.15 which was made up of penalties and interest applied on those penalties. Since that correspondance the woolwich have also added more unlawful penalties to my account. I have added these to my claim plus the interest incurred on the penalties. The amount i am now claiming is £2445.64 this includes court costs of £120.00 and 8% interest added under Sec 69 County Court Act 1984 which i am sure will be confirmed shortly when you receive the Acknowledgement of Service from the Court, and this is the sum i will settle for to be credited in cleared funds into the above account.

Although i did receive your 'Terms and Conditions' and a leaflet explaining your complaints process and details regarding the Financial Ombudsman. Ihave not as yet received your copy of 'Breakdown of Costs and Charges incurred by the bank for Stopped Standing Order/Direct Debit/Bouncing a cheque ect.' Perhaps you could kindly send it by return.

Yours Faithfully

Big Al:lol:

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Went down to Dartford County Court and filed my claim £2400ish felt very nervous but really they are really helpful read through my N1 and said thats fine and even told me they are getting loads of these,so walked out into a nice sunny day with big grin on my face. Cant wait to pay BAG 5% thanks.

PS. got aletter from monument 2 see thread.

I've just had mine transferred to Dartford CC :rolleyes:

MOTB

i read your thread about being transferred well let us know the date and if im off work i'll be there for moral support although i think you no it aint ever get there, so dont lose any sleep over it,they are in the wrong not you 15_1_138.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxdm824JIGB

Guest Mumofthreeboys
MOTB

i read your thread about being transferred well let us know the date and if im off work i'll be there for moral support although i think you no it aint ever get there, so dont lose any sleep over it,they are in the wrong not

I will defo give you a call, xxxx

Woolywich got my Notification of Court action on the 17th and today i got the ....Were gonna defend 28 day jobby oh well hello September...Allocation Questionairre..... October...Court date .....November.....Dec.............

8_2_98.gif

...................................... 8_6_11v.gif ............ 8_9_1.gif .................... 8_3_17.gif ..I will get my money 23_30_126.gif

Time to go on holiday.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm824JIGB

i took the advice of this site 4 weeks ago sent all letters and asked woolwich for all my charges back. it got to 2 days before the court letter was going to be sent and guess what they reinbursed me all my charges . But they still continue to charge me for unpaid direct debits any idea what to do about this . GOOD LUCK everyone it really works .

Shaz if you have got your charges back once, do it again there is no limit to the amount of times you can claim your money back. Remenber your just a number to them on a computer it sends the charges out...dont let them keep it,:D

4_16_1.gif Hi NJ

Not yet as such (only to file my claim) they just make sure they dont give you your money back until the last possible moment and that involves taking the longest possible legal route, hoping that you give or get worried. Hopefully the only time you should see inside the court is when you file your action by taking the N1 form to the court. But have a good read of the forum and try to follow the time table laid out for letters ect. It is taking longer to get settlements through also because of the amount of people claiming back their money and i think the court system is overwhelmed. Anyway happy days

al.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm824JIGB

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Hols nice time ect..... Woolwich/Barclays filed Acknowledgement 17th August.....they get 28 days.... today is 17th Sept i have not received anything :eek: , should i ring court or wait till end of week, they are out of time are they not. Would be really :D if someone can answer i have read that the court may allow further time (so much for timetables) still thanks.

Alan.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Right re the woolywich,

Got my notice of allocation to small claims Track today along with Woolwich/Barclays defence exzacaley the same as several that i have read on various threads ie, Rascal's to name but one even down to the' account prior to 8th August 2000 blah blah blah Limitations Act 1980 although i did start asking for money back in on the 8th of June this year the first charge on my schedule is nov 2000 (they really study these letters we write) another point is the woolwich defence in 4 a & b states that its the defendants right to charge administrative costs ect....£30.00 per item(previously £27.50) so how come they have been charging me £35.00 since April 2006 for the above....

Is their standard defence a computer generated letter also.:confused:

Mine was signed by a man called ADRIAN RUFFHEAD and not the very famous Keiff Jerrymiah EXcuse my spilling i have drunk far to minch.

lots of Hiccups Alan:lol: