Thames Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just for the sheer hell of it write to Thames and DEMAND a copy of their complaints procedure. If they mess about or fail to satisfy you then you can make a complaint to the FOS who will charge Thames £ 400 to investigate your complaint. Thats what I call a RESULT!!!!!

Hit Thames in the pocket thats the only way to deal with shysters like them.

I too got a letter from them regarding an old debt and telling me how clever they were tracking me down (Ive lived here for 20 yrs) and that I better cough up the money. No mention of who its supposededly owed to or anything like that. A bunch of Our Soles

Make sure you complain to Thames first and give them an opputunity to resolve your complain (they wont) as the FOS requires this befor they will investigate your complaint.

I note they are trying to get a copy of an application form. If they were able to get this it would be useless because apart from the debt being statute barred an application form is not an executed agreement under the CCA

Aaah, is it not? You don't happen to have the relevant sections of the CCA covering that do you? I'd like to use it to add to my already sizeable Thames-Credit-Whipping stick...
There is a sticky here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/105315-my-agreement-enforceable-useful.html

• Haha 1

It would probably be easier for them to tell you the number of thank you letters they have received in the last 50 years

Emm let me see that would be

erm

mmm

emm

oh around about NONE give or take a few:D

I agree.

They receive lots of complaints, but too few people take the time and trouble to see it through. It's what gives DCA's the confidence to do the things they do - the knowledge that they can be 99.99% sure they'll get away with it.

Having said that, it can be a long and frustratingly slow process and it's no surprise people lose interest.

However if someone was prepared to go the whole hog against these and other DCA parasites then Im sure they would get all the help and support of the whole of CAG:cool:

Thats an excellent result. I am about three letters behind you with Thames. It will be in tersting to see if they use the same threatomatics with me. They neednt try to hogwash me with something which you have proven to be wrong. Indeed your correspondence and mine would show a good case against these maggots holding a licence

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting change of policy from a buch of Muppets who said that The Limitations Act didnt apply because a default was registered by them a long time after the last payment was made.

OUR SOLES