Littlewoods Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Looking for some advice on my debt to Littlewoods catalogue.... I had been paying my payments on time for around 6 months, then became unemployed. I had taken out the 'payment protection' but I had to sign on before I could claim anything.

I recently became employed again (after around 3 months). I sent a payment of £50 last month, but my account has been passed over to a DCA.

I cannot afford to pay the amount that they want. I never signed a Consumer Credit Agreement - Can I ask them to provide it, and if they can't, does this mean I am not liable to pay?

Hope someone can help!!

I have a Littlewoods debt which has gone to a debt collector. They too wanted a sum I couldnt afford to pay. So I stuck to my guns and refused. They wanted something like £100 a month and I battered them down to £20 a month. It gets reviewed every 6 months and they try to higher the amount but I refuse everytime.

When they mention the magic "CCJ" word I tell them to go for it as I will prove to a judge that I can only pay £20 so they wont be any better off or get their money any faster and I would stop all payments and would CCA them.

Works for me :grin:

I cannot afford to pay the amount that they want.

You pay what you can afford, if that is £1 a month then that's what you pay. They legally have to accept this even though they often say they won't.

I never signed a Consumer Credit Agreement - Can I ask them to provide it,

Yes. Send the CCA request recorded delivery, enclose a £1 postal order and don't sign the letter.

and if they can't, does this mean I am not liable to pay?

Not quite, the debt still exists it just means that the debt can not be enforced even in a court of law. It is then up to you whether you choose to arrange payment or not.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Smithy, what DCA is Littlewoods using? They used Wescot to collect an alleged debt with me, I sent a CCA request to them and they wrote back stating that the account was now closed and there would be no further correspondence.

Hope that gives you more confidence.

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

Yes Smithy, send a CCA. I sent one to NDR for a Littlewoods debt in March and have still not received mine. Since then it has been passed to Red Castle Recoveries so I just sent a copy of the CCA request to them and they have been quiet since then aswell. I would bet they definately wont have a copy of the agreement.

Good luck:)

Penny.

Hi yes send CCA you will get a blank with your name and address hand printed on it but no signatures and some blurb about you should have signed this etc

I sent letter to say agreement unenforceable re no prescribed terms they sent letter 3 weeks later admitting they cannot find agreement (funny we never signed one) and they will not be pursuing agreement.

all the best dpick:)

• 4 years later...

Hi can someone please help me, i am honestly ready for putting my head in the gas oven with this littlewoods, i have come out of work due to an accident, my DLA has stopped and i cant afford to pay them what they ask, i have offered them £30 a month, and they fefuse to accept it, they say i can pay it, but charges of £12 a month will still be added to my account, which i refuse to do, they are sending me letters from arrears collection saying i am ignoring their reminders, they are ringing me giving me hassle on the phone, i told them to refare me to a collection agency, oh we cant do that they said, i truly dont know what they expect me to do, and in the meantime my bill is going higher, what is this CCA i havnt signed anything, can someone please tell me what i need to do thankyou.

Hi can someone please help me, i am honestly ready for putting my head in the gas oven with this littlewoods, i have come out of work due to an accident, my DLA has stopped and i cant afford to pay them what they ask, i have offered them £30 a month, and they fefuse to accept it, they say i can pay it, but charges of £12 a month will still be added to my account, which i refuse to do, they are sending me letters from arrears collection saying i am ignoring their reminders, they are ringing me giving me hassle on the phone, i told them to refare me to a collection agency, oh we cant do that they said, i truly dont know what they expect me to do, and in the meantime my bill is going higher, what is this CCA i havnt signed anything, can someone please tell me what i need to do thankyou.

Have a little read and start your own thread as it's unfair to hijack another persons....

But if you are in receipt of benefits you should only offer them £1 per month as they will get no more even if they take you to court....

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk