Can they put a charge on my property?

mazel01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone...hope your all well.

Things have been really bad recently, I have been ill & one of my parents has been seriously ill so I haven't been able to deal with the situation with regards to Weightmans/HFC.

I have basically done nothing more with this account since I last mentioned that I was going to SAR HFC. I didn't get round to doing that due to illness. Everything went really quiet, no calls or letters from either of them until today. I received a letter from Weightmans asking me to agree to a voluntary charge on my property or they would apply to the courts to place an order.

The figure the are claiming is approx £19k, I have calculated that if I had paid all my payments over the original term it wouldn't have been as much. My property is jointly owned and I certainly don't want any charging orders placed on my property. I know I should have wrote to them some time ago but like I said I haven't had much opportunity unfortunately. I don't know where to turn or go from here. Any help on this would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have now received a statement of account from Weightmans that was sent to them by HFC. The oustanding balance is £9000 less than what weightmans say I owe!!!....The SAR hasn't come back yet from HFC