style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Special1 & Rambos..

You've come to the right place for help.

It's best to start your own thread and then people can help you one on one.

Go to the top of the page in the Bailiff's section, first page and click on 'New Thread'. Post you message there with short descriptive title and then we can advise you. You'll be notified by email when someone posts on your thread so you can keep up.

Good luck :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Special1 & Rambos..

You've come to the right place for help.

It's best to start your own thread and then people can help you one on one.

Go to the top of the page in the Bailiff's section, first page and click on 'New Thread'. Post you message there with short descriptive title and then we can advise you. You'll be notified by email when someone posts on your thread so you can keep up.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the tip, but I wonder why we can't post it in this thread?

As I'm new here, not sure how to post new thread. I've tried the way you advised, couldn't find it there.

Thanks again.

Badnews again,

I would never advise people to "just pay them" The baillifs think they are above the Law ..... they are not.

I am fighting them as far as the Law allows.

They are the **** of the earth and play on the most vulnerable people in society.

I have paid them so far £1500 for the first and only visit they have ever made... and still the fees increase.... no more. I refuse to pay them another penney.

I WILL FIGHT THEM.... IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO

Madmax, All credit to you for fighting them and I genuinely wish you luck. These people however are used to people taking them on. They didnt bat an eyelid when I said that I was going to take them to court and that I had been to see a solicitor that I had appointed. They do not care and just keep piling on the fees. It will take months to even get your case heard by someone at which point your bill will have doubled and in the meantime you will get them banging on your door at all times of day (dont know if you have wife / kids etc). How many people do you think actually get the conclusion that they want?? and even then do you think that Equita give a damn if one person has a win when they have multiplied thousands of tickets by 500% for the own back pocket? Perhaps my advice was slightly weak but I still say cut your losses, get on with your life and just make sure in the future that you pay the tickets when they are £30!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya!! I'm back with an update a year after this was sorted!!! How ridiculous....

I have just today received a letter from Southampton City Council dated 9th October!!!

The warrants ran out on these ages ago as you are all aware so i don't know how this can happen now... HELP!!!!!

IMG_0002_NEW.pdf

Well I've just read your thread - hey that rhymes!:)

And if I understand this correctly the pcn's were non-compliant and therefore unenforceable in the first place.

So maybe they are just trying it on, lets face it they have nothing to lose.

I would write back to them (recorded dely) saying just that, and asking them to please stop harassing you.

UPDATE

Letter from Bournemouth Borough Council:

Dear BerryN

Road Traffic Act 1991

PCN No: ....... & .........

Bournemouth Council can confirm that both cases are closed.

Yours sincerely

(Sorry to jump in Chris, I'm not stalking you, honest!)

I read this thread as the OP having 'about 19' tickets that the bailiffs were originally chasing. It turned out that the warrants were unenforceable due to being out of time. At the end of the earlier posts, the council sent the above letter, for two of the tickets. The bailiffs returned all the orders back to the council.

And in the new letter, they are referring to fifteen outstanding fines.

And they talk just about County Court...

so could it be case of they've knocked off the two they agreed to write off, lost a couple, but still want the remaining 15? And as they can't go down the usual route of issuing a warrant because it's too late, they're going to small claims court for these?

If so, I've got 2 thoughts...

if they can write off two, could they be 'persuaded' to write off these ones? Precedent and all that.

but if they take it to small claims, surely they will win because the judge would say the original tickets were in fact issued and should therefore be paid. Can't think of a defence.

During the previous posts, the OP sent a letter asking for copies of the tickets - did she ever get them? They might be unlawful and can be fought on that basis.

Also, there was mention of the out of time declarations being filed. Was / were these ever done?

It appears TomTubby was involved in this one - perhaps she can throw some more light on the finer details.

Thank you - coming from you, I will take that as a compliment ;)

I think you might have hit the nail on the head in your post about them trying it on. It's about that time of the year when the auditors come in (have dealings with local council at work and have just had a letter from them asking for lists of outstanding invoices etc) so maybe someone thinks they can score some brownie points by getting these paid / tidied up.

I think I would be trying the 'you've cancelled two, so cancel the rest' route.

Bournemouth agreed that the 2 were out of date so cancelled them southampton just ignored me completely! never replied to anything i sent them including when i asked for the tickets but were always happy enough to chase me...

• 3 weeks later...

I have just read your thread in its entirety and it appears to be multiple parking tickets resulting in a steady stream of bailiff attending. Your thread indicates tomtubby is already handling your case, has this come to any fruition? Your frustration suggest it hasn't. If you need to knock this on the head then give me a very brief gist of the current position.

• 3 weeks later...

Basically, I sorted them all out with TomTubby a while back and they went away. Now I am getting letters from Southampton City Council saying that I owe them money for the tickets and they will issue warrants etc. Strange as they have already had warrants for them and they expired last year.

I wrote to Southampton City Council at the time like I was told explaining that the warrants had expired and Equita were no longer dealing with me etc etc. I also wrote to Bournemouth Council at the same time. I had a reply from Bournemouth but never anything from Southampton.

This seems to be their reply.

What do I do now??