Bank forcing me into debt

Brick Driver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've run a search but I've not really found a definate answer to this. If you account is in credit prior to charges being taken which result in your account being taken overdrawn and further charges being added, can I claim these back using the hardship rule?

Basically, I have recently separated and because I was looking after my children full time I didn't work. So the bank putting my account in the red was not really what I needed right now.

Also I notice that Natwest isn't one of the banks listed as taking part in the test case so can I proceed to claim back off them?

Thanks

Hi Brick Driver

What do you mean by the hardship rule?

I understand that the courts are staying all claims in relation to charges but the banks are being allowed to keep charging. Its appalling, especially for the likes of you who needs all the money you can get at the moment.

I would suggest that you write the bank a letter advising them of your circumstances or, better still, go in and see them. Its often harder for them to refuse to refund if you are in front of them. One of my friends got £340 refunded last week by making an appointment to go in and see the bank.

I think NatWest fall under RBOS!

Good luck

Gemspan

Actually it is the FOS who will continue to support cases where hardship is a factor.

This direct quote is taken from the FSA Press Release, dated 27th July:

"The FSA also expects firms to continue to help their customers avoid incurring unauthorised overdraft charges in the first instance and to continue to deal with hardship cases."

and this in the FAQ's:

"Consumers who are in very difficult financial circumstances - 'hardship cases'

Banks and building societies will have to conduct a filtering process to ensure that cases of genuine hardship are still dealt with during the waiver period. Cases of hardship would still be entitled to be referred to, and dealt with by, the FOS."

Clearly, where a bank fails to deal with a case involving "hardship", the FOS will be expected to intervene - AND the FSA may also consider withdrawing the waiver.

Full press release:

FSA grants waiver to firms on complaints handling

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Are you claiming any benefits? Income Support etc, if so, you need to have this letter, to hand in to your bank before your money goes in. Right of Appropriation

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]