Has anyone retrospectivly had money back ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read all the stickys, and I must say very good advice it is too! However, a little late in my case as I was one of the unsuspecting victims who paid up …. (I won’t be caught again).

So, my question is…

Can I retrospectively claim my payment back from Central Ticketing (the bandits who issued the ticket), how does one go about doing that, and has anyone had any success in doing that.

An idiots guide / letter would be appreciated.

The Central Ticket “Parking Charge” notice attached to my windscreen I assume is standard to them and I am sure the knowledgeable people from this forum will be familiar with the terms and conditions of their tickets.

Guest perky88

Sorry to appear dumb (and I am sure this will start the normal getout of it weasels off but ..)

You obviously were parked somewhere you should not have been.

You obviously received the ticket.

You obviously accepted you should not have been there

You obviously took the chance and got 'caught'

This is typical of the type of post here .. not about undoing wrongs but trying every possible way to avoid paying something !!!

So .. Why do you think you should get a refund ????? - Just a general reply to the group will do, donot address it to me as I will not reply (unless it deserves one) .. I am just interested !!

I am sure there are plenty of people who have paid and held their hands up, there are also plenty of people who feel agrieved about how and why they were ticketed unfairly and the way the Private Companies use scare tactics and official looking forms/letters to bluff Registered Keepers into paying. Personally I feel that if I have parked somewhere I shouldn't have and get a ticket, I will accept and pay, (have done a couple of times even though there was some confusion at the time) other times if a ticket is unfair you need to fight it. Perky88 has his reasons for issueing tickets on his land, they may be fair, the majority of large private companies will issue tickets whenever they can and try to get away with.

Back to the question, sorry, I don't know. I would think it would be highly unlikely that a Private Parking Company is going to issue you a refund unless you have some definite reasons and evidence why you shouldn't have paid, and you would probably have to go to court (small claims?) to get it back, probably not worth the hassle.

I'm sure someone else will give a better answer than me.

Guest perky88

The answer by Andy7807 is correct . .the only way is via the small claims court .. I seem to remember a post on here about someone what did it for parkforce ???

It will be difficult to get the money in all reality unless you have photogrpahs of the scene on the day (I would presume Central Ticketing have them of your vehicle) .. if you havent then its going to be your word against theirs in court.

As it would be you that was bringing the case, you would have to prove on the balance of probaibility you were authorised to be there and/or the signage was inadequate etc..

With no photos of the day (sites change etc..) and the fact you paid I would suspect their defence would be you havent proved your case and you paid so you must know its true and a valid ticket.

Just my opinion, I am sure many on here will question it .. but hey, it gives them something to do !!!

Hi,

Perky88 - I agree with your line of thought about people parking on your private car park and not shopping in your shop and employing a parking enforcement company to combat this. What I don't agree with is the "charges" they charge. They are downright extortionate. My crime was to leave a car-park to get some money from the bank to spend in Comet on the site. (How the hell do I prove That???) I was gone some 15 minutes and came back to find a PCN on my car for £85. I could've parked outside the bank on a car park for free, however, I wouldn't have been outside the shop I intended to use and I wasn't going to carry a new television 1/4 mile. I realise there has to be a deterrant to stop people abusing the system but these extortionate charges are not the answer and if you agree with them, you're dafter than I thought and this is why people are on here to try and find a way round them. I for one will not be paying mine. It's now risen to £135. They can take me to court if they wish, I don't mind. And if a judge rules in their favour, i'll pay up but somehow, I just don't think that is going to happen.

Frogster, firstly sorry for hijacking your thread, secondly, you could try a claim through the small claims court however I wouldn't think that you'd have much success. The fact that you've admitted your crime by paying in the first place is in their favour and is it actually worth the hastle in the long run for something you could lose and end up losing more for a relative small sum?? Just a shame you hadn't found this forum before you paid up!!

SwissT

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

Hmmm, well I asked for a response, and that I have had... But to answer some points raised....

Perky... I feel a reply is justified… in response to your comments… miss founded as they are… I answer below:-

That depends on your interpretation of the Law and if you think that the charge is a "profit penalty" rather than a fair charge for a loss incurred, as the parking was free, a loss was not incured, therefore I consider it a profit penalty !

You obviously received the ticket.

Duh !!!

You obviously accepted you should not have been there.

No I accept that a piece of paper was put on my window screen demanding a payment, I challenge their right to impose this payment as it is unjust, I see it as “a profit penalty”... I paid in ignorance of this fact, at that time; I am now in possession of more facts and wish to right a wrong!

You obviously took the chance and got 'caught'

One can only get "Caught" if one agrees that a wrong has been done in the first place, my argument is that I now believe they are profiteering unlawfully therefore I am now not in the wrong!

This is typical of the type of post here .. not about undoing wrongs but trying every possible way to avoid paying something !!!

I don’t think this is typical of the type of posts here and are somewhat aggrieved at your inference that I am trying every possible way to avoid paying it. I reiterate, I believe that it is unlawful and am within my right to challenge that, or at least the last time I checked that was the way our legal system worked. So, to clarify, I merely asked if others had been successful in their endeavours to reclaim after having wrongfully paid up!

Just a general reply to the group will do, do not address it to me as I will not reply (unless it deserves one).

I am thankful for small mercy’s…

So, to clarify... again.... I merely asked if others had been successful in their endeavours to reclaim after having wrongfully paid up! If so have they a procedure that they followed they might wish to share… after all, that is what this forum is about…. Helping !!!!

Guest perky88

Frogster ... REALITY !!! If you wanted to challenge then you should have done it before sending payment .. No where on central ticketings paperwork does it say you need to send payment with your appeal .. so to be honest, you were a bit of a dumb ass for doing so.

You sent in payment, accepting you did something wrong - then you found this forum and thought "mmmmmm .. I can see if I can weasel out of the charge" ..

So in essence .. you have zero chance of winning .. but if you do claim (after all it will only cost you £30) .. let us all know the claim details and we can follow it.

I hope I have helped you with your pointless claim question .. again to clarify .. ZERO chance !!

Perky,

You have to remember that a lot of the private parking companies out there are not as scrupulous as you tell us that you are in the operation of your company, and for people without the knowledge it is very easy to be hoodwinked by the pseudo-official notices that companies use.

That said, was it really necessary for the tone of your last post towards Frogster?

That depends on your interpretation of the Law and if you think that the charge is a "profit penalty" rather than a fair charge for a loss incurred, as the parking was free, a loss was not incured, therefore I consider it a profit penalty !

If parking was free, what was the reason for the ticket?

I paid in ignorance of this fact, at that time; I am now in possession of more facts and wish to right a wrong!

Isnt hindsight a great thing, If we could do that with everything.

Personally I think this is a case of you live and learn.

The only chance you had was to challenge the initial ticket.

While I don not agree with Perky on some issues, I agree that you nedded to challenge this in the first instance.

Chalk if off as a bad day, and put it down to experience.

I have a cheque sat in front of me for £125 from PCM UK Ltd. It arrived last week, but I'm enjoying looking at it too much to consider banking it at the moment.

The cowboys clamped me outside my own house, which happens to be a 'private' road on a new housing development.

I faught them all the way, and they have refunded me the £120 release fee, plus £5 credit card fee.

1-0

No where on central ticketings paperwork does it say you need to send payment with your appeal .. so to be honest, you were a bit of a dumb ass for doing so.

You sent in payment, accepting you did something wrong - then you found this forum and thought "mmmmmm .. I can see if I can weasel out of the charge" .

So in essence .. you have zero chance of winning .. but if you do claim (after all it will only cost you £30) .. let us all know the claim details and we can follow it.

I hope I have helped you with your pointless claim question .. again to clarify .. ZERO chance !!

It really is pointless responding to you as you obviously have little intellect, as demonstrated in your inability to read and understand my post without negative inference and even less articulate aptitude in attempting a put down in a sarcastic reply. A point I think others may have voiced (one way or another).

Kindly don’t respond, I feel it hard going, dropping to your level!