PowerGen GAS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off please be patient this could be a long story and I have started incorrrectly by posting this orginally in the wrong forum APOLOGIES TO ALL

Powergen Gas...my son moved into a small 2 bed flat shared which is above shops and surrounded by other flats. Radiators turned off not required. Hot water used for showers and occasional dish washing! We are trying to sort their bills out ..seems it cannot be correct. Is 109 units an average amount per month for just Hot water? 2 people out most of the day and night. ..as working 21yr old are! We really cant understand the bill at all. Its been paid...but a complaint registered. There will of course now be another one due any minute. (I can give fuller details including details from the previous tenants bill which arrived after she left showing substancial credits) She took readings when she left and readings have been taken recently. Friends who are with powergen pay far less and they have 5 adults and a gas hob. Shower frequently etc . Can I have advice please?

First of all - are the readings on the bill actual reads or estimates? I know you said readings had been taken recently but have these actually been used to calculate the bill? And when the previous tenant moved out, did your son take his own readings, or just trust that the previous tenant's were correct?

Hi thanks for reply Mree They 'think' they gave actual readings to powergen when they advised they were new tenants. The readings on the prev tenant bill and the inventory from the flat Agent are the same

03345.241 that was 30 Nov 2006. My sons start date.

First bill after that was dated 7 feb 2007 :-

elec 17.43

gas 22.99

dual fuel disc 1.21cr

vat 1.96

total 41.17 Not got the original showing all figs That bill was paid in march-----------------------------------------------------

Charges up top 30 April 2007

Previous 3403 Est 7 feb 07

current 4070 Est 30 april 07

diff 667 units

converted 7460

primary 1027 3.559p 36.55

secondary 6433 2.83p 182.05

then it reads

Previous 4070 est 30 pril 07

current 4184 read by you 14 may 07

diff 114 units

converted 1275

primary 175 3.081p 5.39

secondary 1100 2.451 26.96

TOTAL GAS CHARGES 250.95 :shock:

That was eentually paid after many calls getting nowhere but given extra time to pay..on 8/8/07 Powergen were told to expect a complaint letter

Sunday August 5th he read the meter and it was 0421602.

There had been problems with boiler on and off so 1/2 the time they have been there has been very little hot water. They were assured it would not affect the usage of gas. There is a carbon monoxide tester in the flat which is ok. Anyone else I have spoken to are horrified at the bill as they all have much more usage and pay no where near the amount.

Can someone help please?

Ok, thanks for that. I would immediately assume just from that information then that the February bill was underestimated as £22.99 for a quarter in the winter period is very low. Have you spoken to anyone in the consumption team at Powergen? If not then request to speak to someone in that department. They will ask what gas appliances are being used, how the property is heated, particulary over the winter period which would have covered the November to February period.

Hi Clare..yes they did speak to someone in the comsumption dept....I was not there so not sure exactly what was said. It should be very low as the radiators have not been on, the flat is above shops and surrounded all around by other flats. Gas used only showers and hot water. They are hardly in the place as both work

• 1 month later...

Still not received an answer from them BUT a seperate electricity bill arrived for a very low amount (Never before been billed seperately) They have now left the flat and sent final readings. How on earth can we get them to answer???? Of course Powergen have they money now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After another call I finally got a sensible person and an answer He reckoned the initall reading was wrong ....not sure about that ...but it seemed a bit random as if his revised start reading was a suggestion...however the result is a revised bill resulting in a 172£ credit!!!!!!!!!!! Cheque not recieved yet...so watch this space. )During this time there was also another electicy bill applied to my son and flat mate that had nothing to do with them ,in fact a different meter, no idea where it was etc. Another call and that was wiped off and the threatened court action cancelled . It seems sometimes personal calls can be effective....yes I know not all ways! I will post here when the cheque arrives!

• 2 weeks later...

Bill received showing a credit of £176! great but no cheque arrived Called them and they had a note stating that we would phone to ask for cheque! Asked for it to be sent.....suddenly thought the bill is in 2 names but they do not have a joint account.....more problems each had to call and state it could be sent in just l persons name !!!!!!!!! A further wait. (the last contact said 'Well its been less than l calendar month so far.'......... well no actually its been about 5 months!

More Later :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...