New Bed Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We bopught a new bed from a local reputable retailer, the bed arrived on time in new condition, the bed is still in new condition, the problem is my wife really finds it uncomfortable and ended up on the couch last night, we only had it 3 nights, do we have any reproach on the bed as you cannot really get an idea of its comfort in the shop, its only when you sleep on it is when you can really get an idea, i have not yet approached the shop yet as its shut today, just thought i would get some input from you guys first, oh i find the bed really comfy as its a really firm mattress. we were both there when we picked it out

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Your wife finds it uncomfortable but you find it comfortable? Is that right?

If so there is little really to be done. Comfort is a relative and not really measurable term. you could argue that it is not fit for purpose (sleeping on ) but if you find it comfortable then the seller could argue that it's just your wife who has a problem and not the bed.

You could of course have several people test the bed (stop sniggering at the back) and see what they think (or you could get an assessor to examine it). If the majority find it uncomfortable thn you should be able to ask for another one.

Do let us know how you get on. Oh - and have you tried swapping sides?

It maybe that you will need to get one of those foam matresses that shapes around your body when you lie on it. I think the material is called Tempur .. I have heard they are quite good.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Or a cheaper way is to put a duvet over it before you put your sheet on. My hubby and I have the same problem, the duvet saved the car keys in the ash tray senario! ;)

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Then again, you could simply contact the retailer and explain the situation. They may be able to arrange a replacement or may even be prepared to refund you (although, unless the bed is faulty, they are under no obligation to do so). It might be worth contacting them just to see if you actually do have a consumer issue.