Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its an old one, and the only one got from 2 loans but you know we even have a demands and needs statement, so i think my PPI case is nul and void....:(

dont believe that for one minute

all will be explained in due time

hang tite

My advice - get your claim in ASAP - once it's in the system thats fine - but if we pull this off there will be a stampede and you don't wanna get caught in that :)

Is that a court claim Andie or submitting a complaint to the FOS ?? :)

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

its an old one, and the only one got from 2 loans but you know we even have a demands and needs statement, so i think my PPI case is nul and void....:(

I find it hard to belive that you actually have a needs and demands statement, it should be framed

hey I'll post on photo bucket if you really want to to see it as proof that they do exist ;)

actually, i wouldnt mind seeing it, just to see if its advanced any from the one i have from 2002.

hopefully this is the right link

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss88/The_wife-krys/welcomedmenadsandneedsstatement.jpg

let em know if they ahve changed much please

looks just like the usual welcome garbage, stil very similar. The ppi section is absolute garbage as for it to be fit for purpose they need to determine if you have any pre-existing conditions. If you have then its a mis-sell.

i wondered that myself but then it does state:

"You are aware that you will not be able to claim for anything you already know about (such as a medical condition), or which is caused by illegal or deliberate acts on your part."

so they could use that to say it was already explained even though we deemed the policy suitable otherwise... but yeah no health check or anything on it just tick here. my OH said he was never told about the exclusions but how can he prove it?

i wondered that myself but then it does state:

"You are aware that you will not be able to claim for anything you already know about (such as a medical condition), or which is caused by illegal or deliberate acts on your part."

so they could use that to say it was already explained even though we deemed the policy suitable otherwise... but yeah no health check or anything on it just tick here. my OH said he was never told about the exclusions but how can he prove it?

This is one of the reasons that ppi has become such an issue. When you are sold any policy it should be determined at the point of sale as to whether you have a pre-existing condition and that should be done through a form of questions and answers and stored by recordable medium; If you have then the policy is not suibtable. To say that it wont cover you for any pre-exsisting conditions is a complete joke...if you have a pre-exsisting condition then PPi should not be offered. Most financial institutions have stopped selling it now as they are now aware of the amount of s##t that is going to hit the fan and the amount of money that will have to be paid back. Its through sites like this that people are aware of how much they have been fleeced and are fighting back against mis-sells.

to be honest the PPI is an issue for us but we have multiplying loans that have become a bigger issue, but I am trying to find out what I can on both fronts so that when it gets to the point of getting down to business (i.e after the SAR and CCA arrive) then I know roughly what I am up to and can ask everyone on here for help......again...

waiting sucks

i sent my subject access request and CCA request in march and nothing has materialised, i have even spoken to them on the phone and asked for them to be sent to me. The trouble with welcome is that the staff are that dense and poor at there jobs that they probrably just bin the requests when they land on there desk and to be honest because they are on borrowed time they couldnt care less anyway. I know its a long thread but you should try and read it from start to finish, by the time you have finished reading it the SAR and CCA may have arrived... LOL. There is some great advice especially from post and andie and when your documents arrive you will know exactly what you ar looking for.

I have already read this thread...so much going on i lost track at times, I think just to know they have recieved the letters requesting the CCA SAR is enough for me for now, because it means I can start putting the account into dispute....is that after the 12+2 or as soon as its delivered?

it took me 3 days to read the thread when it was only 201 pages long, but it moves fast so have to catch up each day...you lose links and all sorts on here that you know would help...no wonder i am confused

I have already read this thread...so much going on i lost track at times, I think just to know they have recieved the letters requesting the CCA SAR is enough for me for now, because it means I can start putting the account into dispute....is that after the 12+2 or as soon as its delivered?

it took me 3 days to read the thread when it was only 201 pages long, but it moves fast so have to catch up each day...you lose links and all sorts on here that you know would help...no wonder i am confused

The thread is brilliant but it does from one subject to another very quickly and its sometimes hard to keep up. Its 12 + 2 before you can put the account in dispute. Good luck.

thank you Andie,

to be honest I know as soon as we get the agreement that we have requested it will go into dispute because he has not re-written a loan since sept 2005, possibly inadvertantly in early 2006 when he was signed off sick, but as previously stated it was not an agreement sheet as shown in my previous thread and we had no copy sent so I think the whole thing is questionable.

we are still paying via DMP and will continue to do so until we either do or don't get the proper paper work. Then I will need as much help as possible to get things moving, I have been advised (by the DMP)to start drafting a letter to the financial ombudsman so any helpful hints and tips would be great.

things like what and and how to write them would be great and anyhting else you think I might need

Hi

my son has an original agreement with ppi added, a needs and demands statement, with no to ppi ticked, and yes to shortfall extra, he has a statement of price with details of shortfall extra, he has a policy schedule, original, underwritten by nu insur ltd and nu life and pensions ltd. it says both these are authorised and regulated by the financial services authority, and nu life and pensions has agreed that nu ins ltd may administer this on its behalf.

it also says if you have a complaint about a claim please write to direct group. Under this it says, if you remain unhappy [ha!]with decision from dg you may write to the chief executive at nu, po box 6, surrey street, norwich nr1 3ns. if still not happy refer the matter to fos.

He phoned nu to ask if they had a policy in his name, they said they cant help and gave phone number, he rang and asked for copy of policy. They sent him copy from direct, doncaster... hmm.

original

ppi --/05/2007 48 months

monthly repayment £148

copy!

ppi --/12/2007 36 months

personal accident --/12/2007 36 months

term life[life care 24] --12/2007 60 months

monthly repayment £119

same policy number on both

went with son to cab and showed woman, who asked what was wrong with it, we pointed things out and she then said what do you want, i dont understand, she then went to ask, came back and said take them to welcome office show them, let them copy them if they want but dont let them out of you sight, if you get no joy with them phone trading stand.

we didnt go show them welcome, just went home and phoned TS. They seemed interested when they found out agreement wasnt dated, said someone would phone back, they did, and said they would send for copies of our papers. not heard anything since. that was weeks ago, my son cant see much point if thats anything to go by, but i cant seem to let go, same with this thread. Dont want to tell wf anything coz they obviously create things, so how can i carry on. Oh! btw, my son has not paid anything since he came out of work last year, he phoned to reduce payments but he didnt go in when asked, so just ignored them ever since, phone calls everything. one man came to my house and told me that son was a lot behind on his payments for car and even told how much, said they needed money straight away, i paid them 1 month [i KNOW!], Then told where son had moved and ignored them also. they never went to sons just carried on phoning my house, even though i told them he didnt live here anymore. eventually they stopped.

hi bogeyed,

you need to take them to financial ombudsman, they broke data protection act by disclosing information about his account to you. Did you send an official SAR letter to welcome or just a verbal request for the account details? and how long were each of the loan agreements for?

Hi Bogeyed - the first thing I will say is if you approach Welcome with regards to this they will start wanting repayment so be aware this WILL happen.

If you are ok with this the best course of action is first to write to Welcome asking for a refund of PPI that was declined on the paperwork yet you have now discovered has been charged - don't send them ANYTHING with your sons signature on - that includes a copy of the original paperwork - after all Welcome should have their own copy to refer to!!!

Anyway you need to demand full refund of premiums paid + interest AND COMPENSATION and that the agreement be returned to the state it should have been if the PPI had never been added.

The financial ombudsman service can get involved after the company has either given you a final response or 8 weeks has elapsed - whichever is sooner!!

Be prepared for Welcome to stall you or even ignore you all together - make sure everything is sent recorded delivery and keep the receipts to prove it.

Hi, the wife..not had any dealings with welcome, just cab, ts, nu and direct, direct sent us copy of policy schedule. only 1 loan!! loan agreement says 48 months at £ 148. all documents original exept for copy of policy they sent. son just phoned number nu had given him and asked for copies of any policy they had in his name, and this copy came with direct doncaster on envelope.

thanks for your time, bogeyed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks