• Tweets

• good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

mobiles.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend bought a phone from mobiles.co.uk at the weekend on a half-price line rental/cashback deal. I have heard many a horror story about various cashback schemes from other websites, but cannot find any complaints about this particular website.

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with mobiles.co.uk?

Hi Morgie

Not heard anything bout the company but do make sure your GF goes through the terms and conditions of the cashback scheme with a fine toothcomb as they may try to wheddle out of paying if you dont stick to them to the letter

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

I've never dealt with this particular company before, but reading through their T&Cs for cash-back, they seem quite simple and do not have some of the obvious trip-ups that less reputable sites can include.

They are also quite open about their contact details and list their data controller's name. There is an email addy and phone number shown for cash-back queries too - all this is very encouraging.

Follow the terms closely, make a copy of the bills before you send them, and make sure you send claims by SPECIAL DELIVERY, not recorded. It costs slightly more but is well worth the extra.

I have had many cash-back deals in the past and they have all gone very well, although I have always stuck to the bigger operators in this field (CPW for example). I tend to advise people looking for these deals to go with such names because their T&Cs are not designed to catch you out.

I don't need cash-back deals at the moment because Three give fantastic deals to existing customers - if you don't want a phone upgrade and are prepared to ask for a great deal !!!

No claims to make (all the 'deal' money is credited to your mobile account automatically), 200mins and 100texts along with some pic and vid messages too - all for £20 for the year... Can't ask for more than that :-)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 year later...

do not use this bucket shop

see all my emails below from them

Sent: 14 July 2009 15:15

To:

Subject: TID 675022 Re:

Hello,

Your handset should be with you tomorrow before 1pm.

Regards,

--

xxxxxxxx

Cashback Administrator

I cannot believe I got this message after your emails unbelievable (see below) who is lying? all I want is a phone call .please do the decent thing I’m on

Hello

Our lines are busy today and are unable to make outgoing calls,

Sorry for any inconvenience, you should get through soon enough.

Sent: 13 July 2009 15:27

To:

Subject: RE: Your order with Mobiles.co.uk

Hello,

A member of our processing team has tried phoning on the contact number provided on your order but it is appearing as invalid. Please provide a contact number to contact you on and we will phone you shortly.

Regards,

Operations Supervisor

Mobiles.co.uk Ltd.

www.mobiles.co.uk

Mobile News Awards Best Online Retailer 2007 & 2008

Mobile Awards Best Online Retailer 2007

Mobiles.co.uk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Carphone Warehouse Group PLC Registered in England No. 06320783 at 1, Portal Way, London W3 6RS

Sent: 13 July 2009 15:06

To:

Subject: RE: Your order with Mobiles.co.uk

Just been on hold again for 30 mins “Subject: TID 675022 Re:

Hello

Thank you for your email

Your order has been sent to our warehouse for next day delivery” It was ordered on thursday why has it taken until now ?

To:

Sent: Mon Jul 13 13:59:20 2009

Subject: TID 675022 Re:

Hello

Thank you for your email

Your order has been sent to our warehouse for next day delivery.

Sent: 13 July 2009 13:19

To:

Subject: Your order with Mobiles.co.uk

Hi,

We have received your e-mail regarding difficulty contacting our processing team to discuss your order.

Please provide us with your order number and a contact number which we can speak to you on to help speed up the process of your order.

We apologise for the delay.

Regards,

Operations Supervisor

Mobiles.co.uk Ltd.

www.mobiles.co.uk

Mobile News Awards Best Online Retailer 2007 & 2008

Mobile Awards Best Online Retailer 2007

Mobiles

Edited by alanfromderby
Personal and confidential details removed

• 9 months later...

Keep away from mobiles .co .uk

I sent in my mobile-phone bill (on time, by registered post etc. etc. etc.) as per the smallprint & still did not get my cash back.

They provide no telephone number for you to call them on

If you write to them, they ignore you

If you e-mail them, you get an automated reply to say that they got your e-mail, & nothing else.

I tried a letter threatening further action - they ignored it.

... and there's nothing I can do about it, except warn other people not to make the same mistake ( don't buy from mobiles.co.uk ).

It's a [problem].

They hope that their offers will pursuade you to buy through them, but can't/don't give the cash-back that they offer.

You have been warned !!!

WebMaster: If you do succumb to the temptation of their offers, I STRONGLY recommend that you avoid the option of Cash-back by redemption ... (unless you want to kiss goodbye to your money of course).

With the other offers (immediate cash-back, or a gift etc.), at least you have the option of cancelling your contract early on & therefore not paying the full contract price - if you don't receive your cash-back/gift.

+

There are a few other pitfalls to look out for:

You are automatically given 1 month free "Gadget Helpline" and "Phone Care" which you will have to pay for if you neglect/forget to cancel it.

If you buy a "Clearance Phone" you could find that it doesn't work as these are usually phones that other customers have returned as faulty.

etc. etc. etc.

Lee Vodaphone: Many thanks for your response.

I am new here, so it would be helpful if you could tell me what MSE is & point me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

P.S. I am about to send my 12th month invoice to Mobiles.co.uk.

I will return here to let you know whether I get a response from them this time.

MSE = moneysavingexpert.com (martin lewis from the TV's website)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update:

I sent my 12th month mobile phone bill to mobiles.co.uk to claim back the line-rental.

Here's their reply:

---------------------------------------------------

To claim your discounted line rental, we would have needed

to receive your bill dated 24th March 2010 by 23rd April

2010, we received it 26th April 2010.

As per our terms and conditions the correct bill must be

received by us within 30 days of the bill date.

Unfortunately we are unable to authorise your claim.

Full details of our terms and conditions can be found on

our website at:

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/free_gift_hplr.htm

---------------------------------------------------

If you follow the link to their terms & conditions,

& click on "How to claim Discounted Line Rental"

you'll see that customers have 60 days (not 30 days) to send in their phone bills.

Crooks?

I too have had problems.

I called them when I recieved my March bill and was told i needed to send my April bil.. I sent my april bill and was told I wa stoo late and should have snet my March bill.

They refuse to consider this and wont budge.

what happens if i cancel my DD and stop paying them. who will chase me, mobiles.co.uk or Orange?

Avoid at all costs. In 2006 I took out two phones with them where the 1st GB download per month was free and therafter it was £4 per GB and had that in writing. I thought this was quite a good deal and agreed a 12 month contract.

My third phone bill arrived with a whopping £700 bill. I was then told that it was £4 per megabyte despite me having it in writing that it was £4 per GB. Eventually the bill was reduced by about £300 leaving £400 outstanding as I could not pay this on top of my normal monthly bill, I got defaulted.

I still have all the evidence and wonder if there is any timeframe for claiming back?

Hey, Surfer01.

Having it in writing doesn't seem to mean anything to mobiles.co.uk

I have an e-mail from them from January.

Subject: Claim Approved

Body: ... Your line rental claim has been approved and your cheque will be processed shortly. ...

I haven't received anything yet.

Maybe having it in writing would mean more to a solicitor.

It's worth a try.

From experience; I wouldn't bother trying

Consumer Direct

Trading Standards

Citizens advice

or OFCOM

(Long story, but you'd be sent around in circles).

My advice is "Ask a solicitor".

• 1 month later...

I have also had massive problems with mobiles.co.uk - ongoing since last year. After I sent a 30 page recorded delivery letter they agreed they were wrong on one thing and said they would process my cashback claim for December 2009 - every time I email them about it I just get an email back saying "bill not submitted in timeframe" so back to where I started!.

DO NOT, (PLEASE), DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR CASHBACK ON MOBILE PHONES. You will save yourself a lot of frustration and massive amounts of time if you go elsewhere.

As everyone says, you cannot speak to anyone and they just ignore what you say in your emails.

Disgusting behaviour and completely unprofessional company. I don't understand why Orange use them. :-x

• 1 month later...

They are trying every dirty tactic to refuse cashback claim.

1. No acknowledgement / confirmation is send for submitting bill for cashback purpose, whereas for any other query you receive instant auto-mated acknowledgement (though not a resolution.)

2. Mail informing that your claim is rejected is send very late..20-30 days after passing the timeline.

3. Some claims are be made in 30days, but there website says 60 days. However they are shameless enough to contradict their own website and refuse your claim if the bill is not received within 30 days of bill date.

After having experienced all the above (2 claims rejected), I wont be surprised if they bin all the claims received by post.

A MUST AVOID COMPANY - mobiles.co.uk (A Carephone Warehouse group company)

Never personally used these but my daughter and her boyfriend have.

I have never gone for the cash back deals as there is always too many clauses in the way to get your cash back if you don't follow the rules.

Daughter and her boyfriend both got the Tocca when it 1st came out with a free laptop and Nintendo Wii + Wii Fit board.

Both phones and gifts delivered next day without any problems.

Never go for cash back deals,get a free gift and just sell gift if you don't want it and you have your cash back yourself in one lump sum.

George

I actually watch this site for latest phones coming out as they are the quickest to update.

• 3 months later...

Hi hate_mobiles, just thought you may feel a bit better if you knew you were not the only one.

Mobiles.co.uk are also fiercely defending a decision to withhold a cash-back claim that is within the 60 day period. The matter has been "escalated" within the company but I've heard nothing so planning to take it to small claims court and get the money I owe and some compensation for the wasted time and effort. They must assume most customers will just back out ... not likely.

This cash-back nonsense is just a thinly disguised way of cheating people. Any spurious reason for delaying payment is made. Once they have your cash, you're lost.

Good luck with you claim.

Anyone reading this, DON'T BUY FROM MOBILES.CO.UK . Look at the forums. There are only two types of review;

1) never needed to get customer assistance (fair- good rating)

2) needed to get customer services, and THEN IT ALL GOES TO S*^T (one star, and that is being generous)

• 3 weeks later...
My girlfriend bought a phone from mobiles.co.uk at the weekend on a half-price line rental/cashback deal. I have heard many a horror story about various cashback schemes from other websites, but cannot find any complaints about this particular website.

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with mobiles.co.uk?

I have had a nightmare with mobiles.co.uk cash back, I had no problems the 1st & 2nd claim but on the 3rd & 4th claim mobiles.co.uk just ignored all emails and online claims. I contacted Carphone Warehouse but they refused to have any involvement and claimed although they owned Mobiles.co.uk they had their own procedure and nothing to do with CPW. But, all the cash back cheques are directly from CPW and are clearly marked CPW. I would advise do not use Mobiles.co.uk if you want cash back use another otherwise you are going to have a nightmare like me trying to get the cash back cheque. I am currently trying to get the 4th cheque at this moment and the will be trying again in 3 months to get the last cheque, they are just not worth the effort.

I think that goes for all cash-back schemes. The business plan is to put too many hoops in the way for anyone to actually receive any cash back.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar