CCJ Query

:Boy:
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just some advice please!

Could someone, if possible put me right on the following please:

1. Can a company apply for a CCJ, even though they have Defaulted you on your credit record already, and this has been on there for over 3 years?

2. Can a company apply for a CCJ if the debt is over 6 months old, and a payment has never been asked for and no communication between you and the creditor in over 2 years?

3. Can a company apply for a CCJ on a debt, if the debt was made up of charges, and the creditor has actually paid you via cheque for the charges in the last 4 months?

4. to lead on from the question above; if they have paid you out in charges for the debt, to my knowledge the Default has to be removed, as the debt was made up of charges?

5. If no paperwork can be provided i.e Signed agreement, original signed Default notice and correspondance can they still apply for a CCJ?

6. If a debt has been sold on to a debt recovery company, can they apply for a CCJ, even though the original creditor sold it 18 months ago?

I know there are alot of questions, but if anyone can help, it would be appreciated, I have a rough idea on some of the questions, but some extra help would be appreciated.

Best regards

Just some advice please!

Could someone, if possible put me right on the following please:

1. Can a company apply for a CCJ, even though they have Defaulted you on your credit record already, and this has been on there for over 3 years?

2. Can a company apply for a CCJ if the debt is over 6 months old, and a payment has never been asked for and no communication between you and the creditor in over 2 years?

3. Can a company apply for a CCJ on a debt, if the debt was made up of charges, and the creditor has actually paid you via cheque for the charges in the last 4 months?

4. to lead on from the question above; if they have paid you out in charges for the debt, to my knowledge the Default has to be removed, as the debt was made up of charges?

5. If no paperwork can be provided i.e Signed agreement, original signed Default notice and correspondance can they still apply for a CCJ?

6. If a debt has been sold on to a debt recovery company, can they apply for a CCJ, even though the original creditor sold it 18 months ago?

I know there are alot of questions, but if anyone can help, it would be appreciated, I have a rough idea on some of the questions, but some extra help would be appreciated.

Best regards

1 yes,2 yes, 3,yes but they wouldn't get it provided you turned up in court, 4, yes but don't hold your breath, 5, yes but see 3 and let them know you know the debt is unenforceable 6, yes but they are unlikely to succeed if they don't have the agreement.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Thanks for that.On one point, I am very sure that you can not apply for a CCJ if there has been no communication for 6 months or more?I am pretty sure that I have seen this on this site somewhere.

Thanks for that.On one point, I am very sure that you can not apply for a CCJ if there has been no communication for 6 months or more?I am pretty sure that I have seen this on this site somewhere.

Unfortunately I think you'll find it's 6 years.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

after 6 years they can not apply for a CCJ?I am aware that after 6 years defaults/CCJ's come off your credit file.

defaults would fall off your credit file, that should be the end of it.

a ccj *may* still be enforced, even after 6 years although the creditor would need to have a very good reason to convince any court why there has been such a long delay.