British Gas: Applying for warrant to Force Entry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a letter from BG dated 16th July 2007 in which they give notice that they are applying for a warrant to force entry to the property to either disconnect the electricity supply or fit a pre-payment meter. The court date is 6th August 2007.

They wish to do this because they are operating under the illusion that I am a customer of theirs and that I owe them money (£269.04), neither of which is true. In addition, the electricity meter that they believe is there does not exist at this address.

What should i do?

hi PI hopefully you have contacted them with a strong letter and demand some sort of apoligy failing that go to court and explain to the judge and ask for special damages ie time of work worry caused etc...i think you may find a letter works better than a phone call as on the phone they may not listen

patrickq1 good luck

yeah just wrote a letter today after many years of speaking to them on the phone. We'll see what happens but i was wondering if there were any others in a similar boat and what else to do about it?

hi there, i used to work for "CON" Power. if you can prove that you dont owe BG the money which im sure you can my personl advice is to let BG enter your property and when they do restrain the employee and ring the police as he is entering your propery under a "false" warrant of execution (or other words breaking and entering) as the money owed is not your problem, oncompletion of this issue british gas with a claim via a solicior for damages and other things you want to claim of them.

trust me npower used to do it all the time.

its drastic but one customer of them did it and well basically got a few quid

steve

STEVE

• 1 month later...