Aqualibrium Vs. Barclaycard

Aqualibrium
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, I will be sending my S.A.R. to Barclaycard to request my statements, on Tuesday recorded delivery, this is the first day I will be able to get to the P.O. as I'm working up until then.

I had an enlightening experience today when I studied the statements I do have...

I saw the OFT's recommended charge amount of 12.00 for an "Over Credit Limit Charge" on my Barclaycard statement and THEN I saw their

"Interest On Your Standard Balance" fee (INTEREST 2.075%) of 38.98,

PLUS their "Interest On Your Cash Balance" (INTEREST 2.075%) of 13.61!

All adds up eh.

In reference to this interest of 2.075%, is this the interest rate I use when calculating my claim total?

Also, I happened to read on here (I think it was in the Capital One threads) that the 10.00 fee for duplicate statements is only applicable to accounts that are still active, can anyone tell me if this is correct please?

good luck aqua...don't let them fob you off....they're notorious for their delaying tactics

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Thanks Moneyhelp, I really appreciate all your advice and support. :-)

I have a question by the way, for any passing in-the-know-person...

See the "interest on your standard balance" and "interest on your cash balance" that I have on my statements, are they classed as charges, or can I only claim the "over credit limit charge" ?

I'm probably being dense here, but bear with me please, I'm still researching claiming on credit cards. Looks like I'm going to have plenty time too, with Barclaycards snail-pace!

You are looking for the £15 and £20 charges for being overlimit or for Late payments.

Thats all.

When you've got a list all of these charges, going back as far as you can, come back and ask what to do next.

(Easiest way is to get a highlighting pen and highlight a line through the line on the statement. you will need to make a note of:

date of charge, reason (overlimit or late payment) and amount of the charge (£15 or £20 or whatever)

Dont worry about interest at this stage.

And in the Documents Library there is a nifty little Excel spreadsheet that you can add all that info to, so it will save it for you, update it for you, and sing a rather annoying little song to you when you feel down! (Ok the last bit was a bit of a lie...)

Peter

ps - definately CCA any Debt collectors that are on your back - it will at least stop them annoying you for a while!

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

You are looking for the £15 and £20 charges for being overlimit or for Late payments.

Thats all.

When you've got a list all of these charges, going back as far as you can, come back and ask what to do next.

(Easiest way is to get a highlighting pen and highlight a line through the line on the statement. you will need to make a note of:

date of charge, reason (overlimit or late payment) and amount of the charge (£15 or £20 or whatever)

Dont worry about interest at this stage.

Hi Noomill, thanks for replying.

That's a good idea with the highlighter, although from what I've seen, it may be a while until I'm at that stage with Barclaycard dragging their heels! Ah well, I can wait.

By the way, the 'over credit limit' and 'late payment' charges I have aren't 15.00 or 20.00, they vary in amounts - on the most recent statements I have (from Sept '06 to present) the over limit and late payment charges are all 12.00, but on my July '06 (and there are a few months previous to this that I don't have yet) they are higher, ie,

late payment charge: 24.00

over credit limit charge: 24.00

(I assume this is the period before the OFT's ruling to reduce credit card charges to 12.00? )

Then there's this other one:

"Exceeded Limit" - 24.00 - Is this one a charge, or just the amount I have exceeded my limit by?

In reference to interest, I wasn't thinking about calculating interest just now, I was just wondering if the "interest on your standard balance" or the "interest on your cash balance" amounts that appear on my statements, were charges that I could claim back? Or if I, when I get to that stage, just use the same percentage they used to calculate their amounts, to calculate the interest on my "late payment charge" and "over credit limit charge" total?

Sorry for all the questions, I really do appreciate the help and patience :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peter,

Singing spreadsheets eh? Sounds like you're in cahoots with Milktrayman, all this creativity bounding about :wink:

Thanks for the pointers, I'm going crack on with as much as I can over the weekend (allowing saturday for blowing off a little steam of course!) and get everything posted on Tuesday.

Thanks again.

...unless they are willing to prove them to you at court! :)

Yeah right!

Haha!! I'm waiting for the CoopBank, Student Loans Company, Barclaycard and NatWest credit cards to provide me with justification and breakdown of their charges in relation to their costs/losses incurred .... tra la la la la, still waiting :rolleyes:

I quote them all from the FSA:

"A fair default charge should not exceed a reasonable estimate of certain limited administrative costs which the [issuer] reasonably expects to incur as a result of default." How much? £24? £12? ... I think not!!!:confused:

It sits on my desk and I'm happy to read it out, real slow, to the person on the other end of the 'phone. That person is usually reduced to silence!!:o

I'll have a read through your SLC thread then - I find these really good fun!

Although I am one of the 'lucky few' that seem to have slipped through the net for some reason and have never paid a penny back! It's also been over 6 years now, so I assume the limitations act comes into play for me as well!

Bob (best not use my real name! ha ha ha!)

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

No SLC thread for me 'Bob', they've tried to charge me on 2 separate occasions as a result of late payment/arrear and I refuse to pay! The first time was about 4 months ago and the nice wee chap said "OK, I can;t make you pay that" after I reminded him it was unlawful. However, last week another guy said "The FSA says we can charge you" until I reminded him this was a limitation ruling and asked for a breakdown of losses incurred ... He had nowt to say to that.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Aqua as this if 'off-topic'?

Okay, I have a wee question. I was meant to be sending off my SAR and also Sec.78 request on Tuesday, but it will now have to be this Tuesday, been pretty busy.

Anyway, do I send this to the same address as the SAR, which I believe to be:

Barclays Data Protection

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU

I got this address from the "Barclaycard contact info" section of the forum, just wondering if the Sec.78 request goes to the same address?

It doesn't matter too much at this stage, but you have to make sure you use the registered address when you submit your N1.

Peter

I was actually going to see if the Ombudsman would pick it up after I have sent my prelim and LBA. I happened to notice someone mention on here that they are still dealing with credit card claims.

It will be a while until I am at that stage anyway going by how long it takes to get statements off them.

Thanks Peter and Moneyhelp.

My experience differs, they took on my claim against Nationwide less than 4 weeks after my first final offer letter. I did receive another final offer letter during that time from Nationwide.

I did though, send the prelim and LBA and gave the bank 5 weeks to settle before passing my complaint to the Ombudsman.

9 May: Prelim received by Nationwide

19 May: final offer/rejection letter received from Nationwide

25 May: LBA received by Nationwide

14 June: Called FOS, they said I was in a position to make a claim based on the fact I had received Nationwides final offer letter and they sent out complaint form to me.

I think depending on who deals with your claim, that they do not stick rigidly to time scales, especially if they believe the bank has no intention of paying without the FOS's intervention.

People have been getting differing accounts of timescales and differing results.

I am unsure though how things stand now in reference to the test case, I will call them and report back ASAP.

Okay. S.A.R. and Sec.78 Request are written and will be sent recorded delivery to Barclaycard today.

Address:

Mr Adrian Whalley

Head of Data Protection

Barclaycard PLC

1234 Pavilion Drive

Northampton

NN4 7SG

I have a quick question:

As my account has been passed to Mercers, should I also send them a Sec.78 request?

Okay, a wee update.

16th August: Sent SAR & Sec.78 Request to Barclaycard, along with postal order for 10.00 and one for 1.00, recorded delivery.

I don't suppose anyone knows whether I should send a Sec.78 Req to Mercers also since my account seems to have been passed to them?

So, on my last correspondence from Barclaycard, my balance was sitting somewhere just under the 3000.00 mark :eek:

So hopefully if I win this, it will reduce my balance. This card cover about half of my total debt, so it'll be a big help if I can win back the charges. Bankruptcy seemed my only option before, but this should take a good chunk out of my debt if I win. Here's hoping!