First Letter From Hsbc

FREDERICKY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have after following all the great advice off everybody downloaded all my bank charges listed as DR INTEREST about £1,500 worth in to the advance excell spreadsheet and it come up with £67 of interest on penalties.I am going to add that to the charges listed as DR TOTAL CHARGES which I entered into the left hand side of the spreadsheet and they where £412. So im adding them together and sending the bank a LBT asking for £480.Is this all about right.

i'm not sure it's done right - although the figure sounds about right -

let's try it just once more to make sure you've got it all right and in the right places - try this link:honeygie v HSBC *****WON***** (1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) post 26, it's my step by step approach - so just take it slowly and do just what it says.

at the end of it you'll come out with the charges + overdraft interest and together they total what you are asking the bank for in the prelim and the letter before action. also, when you do the same charges on the 8% tab - you get the amount on statutory interest which you can ask for once you file your court claim.

so, try it just once more - and keep copies and send a copy with your letters - this becomes your schedule of charges.

Thanks for your reply its a good job you did. Its seems im still doing something wrong.I went back and read everything in honeygie v HSBC especially post 26.I inputted all charges listed as DR INTEREST in the right hand side of the advanced spreadsheet but no interest on penalties showed up untill I put in my DR TOTAL CHARGES in the left hand side and when I deleted those charges the interest on charges went too.

This is because it calculates the ineterest on the charges that have been taken form you. If there is no penalty then it will calculate that there is no interest. I hope that that makes sense. I have a copy of mindzai's spreadsheet which might make it a bit more easier for you. If you would like a copy, PM me your e-mail address and I will send it over to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I just had a quick look at it and put a few figures in the right hand side as before but I still am not getting any figures in the interest on penalties column.Sorry if not doing things right but its all new to me.Im just trying to find out what I can claim for

in a very small nutshell - charges on the left (total charges, notification fees, recall d/d-s/o, card misuse) interest debits on the right -

if your balance at the time of the interest debit is postitive - it will pick up nothing - if your balance at the time of the interest debit is negative it will pick up all or some of the interest debit to be added on the right side

just keep at it - it will go right - you'll start to see a running total on both sides but the one on the right depends on the balance at the time of the debit. try again - we've all struggled - it will be a light bulb moment soon! promise!

Lattie is right. The amount of interest that you can claim on the charges only shows if you were overdrawn at the time the interest was taken. If you were in credit then it will show nothing is claimable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Have you an agreed interest free overdraft facility, this I think is a rare thing to have. If you are charged interest on your overdraft at all, even though you did not go over the limit, then you will need to put a zero in the column headed "interest free overdraft".

or, in bong's words (which i never understood):

as for the agreed o/d amt.

"you only fill in that column if your overdraft was interest free, - leave it blank otherwise. to find out if it was interest free (which is unusual) simply look back to see if you were charged interest when you were in overdraft but within your overdraft limit."

also, just check you are doing the dates in the right format.

I have a feeling that if there was no charge in that particluar month it may not calculate any interest due.

I am afraid I am getting a bit stuck at this one spot.I was charged it was listed as DR INTEREST I was overdrawn I have inputted as such in various spreadsheets and nothing comes out the other side.Sso obviously I dont know what to claim.with all the people whoom have gone throughg the same procedure I must be doing something wrong I just dont no what.

i can only suggest taking the honeygie link and start again - it's worked for so many people - there must just be something - one little thing you aren't doing - so start from scratch - circling all the charges and then inputting them onto the advanced spreadsheet - charges to the left - interest debits to the right - make sure it is reading todays date and just plow in - oldest charges first. after a few charges when there is a negative balance you should start to see some of the interest totting up on the right side. i'm sorry i'm not better at this or i could ask you to pm them to me and i could help - but i just followed this path and got there.

I have started again and again double and treble checked everything and no one else seems to have any problem so it must be me and chances are its something quite simple.What I have found if i input a charge in the left hand side of the spreadsheet with a date befoe the date of my first input on the right hand side everything works and I get a figure. As soon as I delete it as I have no ordinary charges to put in the left hand side the iterest on penalties dissappears. Anybody got any ideas

I think I have spotted the problem. You were trying to claim interest before you were charged penalties. Your penalties start from 12/12/04 and you are trying to claim interest on these penalties from 10/08/01. I'm afraid you can't do that. You can only claim the interest relating to the charges so if you didn't have any charges back in 2001 you cannot reclaim any iterest on them.

I did send a reply but I think there was a crash somewhere along the line.Thanks for everyones help .So basically unless I am charged penalties in this case DR TOTAL CHARGES I cant claim for DR INTEREST.

here's the list to check against your charges:

Charges description on statements - Please Read

it doesn't show the newer arrangement fee and notification fee - both of which you can claim for - but jo is correct - you could only go for the interest in the months when there are reclaimable charges from this list.

• 2 weeks later...

After all the help I sent my PAR I have now received a reply from a Jim Large Generl Manager . They acknowlege receipt of my complaint but say they are not going to do anything till the test case is resolved. So do I just wait or do I send my LBA