Ebico?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

are they as good as they sound?

im a single parent on benefits and over the past few years have been ripped off with energy prices!!

having a pre-pay meter through power gen i was getting bills amounting upto £700 over 3 years!! i contacted them asking them to explain how on earth i could owe anything with me having a pre-pay meter! apparently the card they sent me wasnt set up to my account so the payments were being missed by powergen's system. during the summer months i hardly use any gas at all(maybe £20 from may to sept) but during the time i dont use it, it clocks up a daily amount which i was not informed about.

so after all the hassle and taking 3 months to get all my bills to go through them i find it impossible to even start to work what all the figures mean!!!! they move and shift so many different figures over the bills it becomes a nightmare to even begin to work out, plus's and minus's at end of bills to even things up etc etc(WTF)

coming of the sick after long time illness also i found myself unable to deal with and now am moving house in the next few weeks and hoping 'EBICO' could be a possible solution for someone in my circumstance.

ive had a look at there site but looks a bit to complicated. do i sign up with BG then get my supply through EBICO or do i sign up to EBICO as i would any energy supplier?

thanks.

As a Ebico customer, gas and electricity, I would recommend the switch-over as they don't penalise you for having a pre-pay meter. I personally have found them to cheaper than other pre-pay suppliers. The sign-up process is quite simple and they keep you informed throughout, you should expect any switch-over to take around a month or less.

The sign-up / switchover page is here - https://www.ebico.co.uk/cgi-bin/ebicoapp2.cgi

I'm with Ebico and haven't had any problems with them. The fact that they charge the same for all customers makes them the cheapest pre payment provider though they are more expensive than others for DD or quarterly bill customers

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

I am with Ebico, and find them to be superb!

Their rate is somewhere between the 2 rates that you are charged by other companies, so depending on how much you use you could be paying more or less than the other companies.

If you use a lot of energy, you may find your bill slightly higher than competitors, but the bills are soooo easy to understand, no standing charge, none of the "first 255kwh at x.x pence and the rest at y.y p". All energy bills should be like this.

Simon.

Absolutely fabulous, and the advertised price includes VAT, where other providers don't, so you knowe exactly what your bills are going to be if you read your meters regularly.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

• 2 weeks later...

i too will soon be switching to ebico. i could have saved £100+ per year if i had known about it earlier...

even after my pre-payment gas meter gets binned at the end of the month, i'll still be better off. and even if it costs a little more, i don't care - it made me sick giving money to british gas and then npower - and the b*stards charged me for the privilige of going to the shop to buy gas!

deafandy vs welcome finance - ding ding!