walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update chaps.

Received a further offer to settle matters yesterday.

I suggest members read the content of the link below.

http://www.ianfraser.org/rbs-executives-think-theyre-above-the-law/

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Just a quick update chaps.

Received a further offer to settle matters yesterday.

I suggest members read the content of the link below.

http://www.ianfraser.org/rbs-executives-think-theyre-above-the-law/

Ever since the Supreme Court ruled in favour of the banks I've been wondering who it really is that runs this country!!

As for your offer to settle - you must use your own judgement on that one. You've certainly done your part in highlighting this institutional "behaviour".

I admire your tenacity.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

but when it is, then i will be speaking to the press and lets just say it ties in with the OFT action recently, so a copy will be going to the OFT too

I'm meeting people down the smoke in a week or two I may give you a call after if that's ok.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

i think its the quest for justice and fairness ,the morality of it all is what drives us on the satisfaction of seeing justice being upheld ,unfortunately the judges lottery plays a big part in undoing natural justice,once legal aid is removed there can be no justice for those that cannot afford it ,so Paul's fight will go someway towards restoring some balance in the truth

i disagree

Legal aid is not the only way to get justice, it is one of them, but not the only one

There is a High Court judgment coming soon which some banks wont like, but that shows you can get justice and that you dont need money to do it

you may disagree all you want PT but have a look at this thread below , Legal Aid is now a lottery as to who can and who cannot get it ,help may be available but where only on here but even on here it is limited .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=249907&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Hi ,

since the hearing to set aside the judgement , I have visited my local Cab office, visited numerous local solicitors , emailed Consumer direct , also contacted national debtline for advice as I was going to appeal.I also sent Phs documents from various searches of my employers details , other companys he had , home address and phone numbers and I had no reply from phs from this letter.

Unfortunatley most of the advice was to pay the debt as the legal costs , would be far more. everywhere I turned for help resolving this Was the same reply , Apart from a guy from nation debtline reply to my email ( I will attach the file ) I understand what he is saying but as he stated I need Proffessional legal help, to appeal , which I could not get.

This Debty and other things I have had to deal with , is making me very down and very angry with the system and did not appeal Then today I have had first letter sent to me from PHS-Notice of pending bankruptcy proceedings and I only have seven Days? so what do I do Know .

I may be being stubborn , But the debt was my employers and should never been in my name . I was hoping to set aside the case , by proving that I was an employee etc that I hadnt signed the agreement as T/a Tumble jungle, but the judge didnt even let me get that far. Please some body help Ive tried to fight this and I havent got anymore fight in me ...

There are actually more funding options available than ever, Legal aid is one of them of course, but it is not the be all and end all.

There are many direct access counsel out there who will look at instructions on a CFA basis.

Also there are many law firms who offer CFAs and also discounted rate CFAs and pro bono work too.

It is sad that there is not a list on here so that people could see, who does what

There are actually more funding options available than ever, Legal aid is one of them of course, but it is not the be all and end all.

There are many direct access counsel out there who will look at instructions on a CFA basis.

Also there are many law firms who offer CFAs and also discounted rate CFAs and pro bono work too.

It is sad that there is not a list on here so that people could see, who does what

Although I guess this isn't really useful, but just out of interest. Even the very biggest claims and large law firms are using CFAs nowadays.

I just noticed that the ongoing Berezovsky v Abramovich case is back in the Court of Appeal tomorrow morning and previously I'd come across these comments about the case and the use of CFAs on a blog:-

Berezovsky v Abramovich - Most Expensive ATE insurance ever?

Addleshaw Goddard solicitors have announced that they have entered into a Conditional Fee Agreement with the Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky to pursue his claim against Chelsea FC owner and fellow oligarch, Roman Abramovich.

The firm’s decision is a brave one and a gamble but, if the case is won, Addleshaw’s will be in line for a huge success fee of many millions of pounds (some say £30m+!) on top of their normal fees. The case is worth a potential $3.5bn and involves a claim that Abramovich forced Berezovsky in 2000-2003 to sell shares in the Sibneft oil company, the Rusal aluminum company and the TV channel ORT at lower than market prices.

The key thing here is that Berezovsky isn’t exactly poor – he can quite afford to pay his (huge) legal bills and so this is a significant shift in the way that large law firms are viewing these sort of cases.

…and guess what is securing all of this? That’s right, an After the Event Insurance policy has been purchased which will pay out if Berezovsky loses. So what sort of ATE Insurance premium is needed to cover potential adverse costs of £50m+? Well, this is being kept secret but it is rumoured to be in the region of £20m!

The link is here:-

http://www.aftertheeventinsuranceblog.co.uk/after_the_event_insurance/berezovsky-v-abramovich-most-expensive-ate-insurance-ever/

Off topic (almost), does anyone have the Email address for Stephen Hester or his closest lackies please; or failing that, his postal address?

Err in regards the email address unless its in the public domain already then it definately shouldnt be posted here... as to the postal address just address it to him at the corporate headquarters. Its unlikely he reads his own mail initially anyway so will be filtered at some point.

S.