Double Yellow Lines Ticket - HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I live in a small street where there is permit parking for residents as well as meters. After 5pm, it's a bit of a bunfight to get parking as that's when the meters stop running, so lots of people then pile in to park for free.

I returned from visiting friends last night. The usual story - can't find anywhere to park, legal or otherwise. So I had no alternative but to park on the double yellow lines with the intention of getting up early to move the car into a bay before the traffic warden came along.

But I was too late -as I walked round the corner at 7.45am, I saw the warden looking a bit shifty. When I looked at my car, the ticket was already on!! So I asked the guy what the hell he was doing. He muttered 'You were on a double yellow line' and took off irunning in his van before I could comment.

But I think the ticket is unreasonable given the above. Is there any way I can appeal this?

Any help or advice would be welcome!

TIA :D

Double yellow lines are normally in force 24 hours a day. The only way in which there might be a chink in the armour is to see if the ticket itself complies with the legislation. If you can scan and post it on here (with personal details removed) then there are members who will be able to look at it and see if it is compliant.

Scan it, put it on a webhosting service like photobucket, and post the link.

Another route would be to check the enforcability of the DYL - are they in good condition, or broken/faded? Is there a T bar at beginning and end? Get a copy of the traffic regulation order (TRO) for your street and check that the lines and any signage accompanying comply with it.

If those two are a no go, then I'm afraid you're going to have to pay.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Below are the requirements of what is required on a PCN.

Now I cannot see where e & f show on the PCN and there is nothing advising you to see overleaf for details of how to pay.

If you want further opinions you will get results if you post the PCN on FightBack Forums in the parking section.

(3) A penalty charge notice must state—

(a) the grounds on which the parking attendant believes that a penalty charge is payable with respect to the vehicle;

(b) the amount of the penalty charge which is payable;

© that the penalty charge must be paid before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date of the notice;

(d) that if the penalty charge is paid before the end of the period of 14 days beginning with the date of the notice, the amount of the penalty charge will be reduced by the specified proportion;

(e) that, if the penalty charge is not paid before the end of the 28 day period, a notice to owner may be served by the London authority on the person appearing to them to be the owner of the vehicle;

(f) the address to which payment of the penalty charge must be sent.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS