Old Age Pensioner -v- HSBC

vandermerwe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is one thing in life I like, it's a girl who likes me!

Sorry to 'second best you' deedee, but pinkdutchess deserved the first revelation.

Hope it doesn't disappoint you.

Keep trucking as they say - much better in a Merc.!

As ever.

Van

That's ok Van - I'm not jealous! ;):p

Just stopped by to check how you're getting on. I do own a Merc (a humble LWB A Class which I've always wanted). LOL!:D

Anyway, please update soon with any responses from HSBCriminal when you get them. Enjoy your Sunday.

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

An update for you deedee, not only because you asked, but because I'm thoroughly disillusioned now and need a bit of TLC.

I received a letter with a handwritten signature (how's that!) from 'my' HSBC branch from someone calling herself Branch Manager saying she had heard I had mentioned my difficulty in contacting them (that was in May) and giving me her direct number!!!! OK, it was an 0845 number, but it worked!

Before calling her I sent copies of four unanswered letters by recorded delivery, obtained a signature from Royal Mail, and called her. She breezily explained mail was not delivered to the branch, (despite the use of a street number and correct post code) was was automatically sent to a 'clearing centre'.

She agreed I could move my account to a now more convenient branch but added "we're all one bank now so there's not really much point" and promptly credited me with £250 of recent charges.

'Progress', thought Van in his naive way until he asked about what he was allowed to pay from the account. "What about my HSBC card payment you have just bounced" I asked "since you are all one bank now?"

"Oh, you had better ask them when you go into ******* Branch" she replied, and I swear I could hear buttock clenching in action. Van can be a bit sadistic when he wants to so he asked if she would allow a cheque for £2 in order than he might renew his disabled parking permit. The sound of unclenching was unmistakable as she "thought that would be OK and would make a few notes on the account".

One of my unanswered letters had drawn attention to my rights of first appropriation of monies credited weekly and so I asked my Branch Manager if she was aware of the relevant regulations of the Social Security Act but it seemed (much clenching again) she couldn't remember much about them since her banking college days.

Looking on my internet banking account the next day I saw £250 had, indeed, been credited and three cheques paid but another one bounced.

All four were for very small amounts, made out to our local village store we like to patronise, and should all have been bank guaranteed as the headmistress (sorry, owner) insists. Unfortunately one of her assistants had not copied the guarantee details on one cheque as she reckoned she had known Mr. Van for a long time and he was 'alright'

Obviously I grovelled, explained that at his age Mr. Van must have a few dark secrets lurking in his past, and proffered a new, obviously bank guaranteed, cheque plus the £4 the HSBC had charged her. She banks there too and only pays in every couple of weeks or so, hence the four cheques.

Yesterday I get a letter on ******* Branch letterhead, complete with their listed building address (but general call centre telephone number) and a facsimile signature saying, in effect, don't bother changing branches, they have no decision making authority.

Today, HSBC bounced my b****y mortgage payment.

That's the first time ever since young Van became a property owner nearly 50 years ago.

Haven't got a room to spare in Brixton have you?

Never mind, still laffin as Pete would say.

If you want a bit of a laugh do look at new poster Godren's HSBC site. I think it's Godren - if not something very similar - having typed this much I dare not try and check back.

I'll have a good plutz over the weekend and think what to do next.

In anguish.

Van

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Van.

Buenos tardes de Espana y muchos besitos a tu xxx love0007.gif

I am sending you some TLC long distance! I'm sitting in an internet cafe writing this message inbetween checking my bank balances to ensure that I have not been charged unecessarily! I have a PDA but the roaming data charges are extortionate. I have had to use it whilst away - no doubt I will be facing a huge bill when I get home. Yikkes!!

I'm hoping to have a spare flat in Brixton soon so you're more than welcome to use it :p

Well done for getting some money back. I can't really think of another strategy for you at the moment. :rolleyes: In your Letter of Appropriation did you mention your mortgage payments?

I'll regroup my thoughts when I get home and hopefully come up with some ideas. In the meantime, I'm sure the good people of the HSBC forum will help.

Hasta luego senor!

Dxx

• Haha 1

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Muchas gracias deedee mi enamorada y muchos besos tambien!

Am just waiting for my parachute account to be opened before I move further and have put off phoning the building society until Tuesday. Chicken!

But gee whiz some of the HSBC threads take some reading don't they?

I'm going to ask my miniature dachshunds how they fancy Brixton - thanks!

Enjoy the rest of your stay - hope you enjoy Spanish food as much as I do.

Hasta la vista mi gran amiga.

Van

• 2 weeks later...

Would appreciate urgent advice as my printer has packed up.

I need to send a 'hardship - keep your grubby paws of my state benefits' letter tomorrow (Monday).

Can anyone tell me if it can be sent as a pdf or direct e-mail?

Thanks.

Vandermerwe

2 threads merged. Please keep all your questions and progress on 1 thread.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks all kind folk out there.

Am mightily impressed with the sped of your responses.

Have proved Sod rules the universe, since I rushed out to by a new printer only to find the old printer began working again as I tried to disconnect it.

For you classic scholars out there (of which there are many) Quem Jupiter vult pedere dementat prius.

Thanks again.

Van

[Hiya Van,libraries are good places and free (they may charge for printing but not much) and you can chat up the librarians while your there]

Did that work Pete?

Two things: trying to post a quote without being dumped on by pd again. and saying thanks for suggestion.

No parking within a mile of local library and you ain't seen the librarians in this neck of the woods!

Bought another printer, then the old one began working. Sod it.

Van

I suppose if God is trying to destroy he could do worse than send you mad first by forcing you to go on a tech support odyssey.

Thanks all kind folk out there.

Am mightily impressed with the sped of your responses.

Have proved Sod rules the universe, since I rushed out to by a new printer only to find the old printer began working again as I tried to disconnect it.

For you classic scholars out there (of which there are many) Quem Jupiter vult pedere dementat prius.

Thanks again.

Van

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Hey Van.

I haven't forgotten you. Just had an exceptionally busy time since coming home - children back to school, exchanging contracts on new house, blah blah blah. Last week I felt as though my fighting spirit had gone, so had no enthusiasm my my own claims much less anyone else's :(.

Glad to say that this feeling has subsided speedily! I have spent this afternoon back on the case, so will turn my creative thought processes to you a little later. ;):D

Shame about the printer. Did you take it back? i'm off now to help my folks move so will be back here a little later.

Take care.

PS. The quote (excuse my schoolgirl Latin rough translation) says something like "Whom Jupiter would destroy, he first sends mad". Don't ask me who wrote it because I haven't got a scooby-doo (cock. r.slang - "clue")!!

deedee xx

My threads

Hi deedee. Thanks for your post - you've made up for a real bummer of a weekend!

Didn't take the printer back (it was only £39) as I had denuded it of its protection and was studying how to connect it when the old thingy suddenly started working again. Given its age it'll surely pack up again at a crucial moment, so I've got a standby.

I just wish what I had called it on message #67 to cause spiceskull to tut-tut my my language as I'm not usually given to using the vulgar tongue but then maybe I had been watching "Eastenders" with Mrs. Van!

You're definitely a classics scholar, up alongside with Pete and his studies ol Lloyd, NatWest, Nietzche, Barclay et al and your interpretation is spot on (James Dupont, 17th century I think) but I've been feeling a bit more earthy and Learish recently with "as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport" running through my mind.

We've accepted an offer on our 'umble abode and the blighters want to complete by the end of the month. Spent yesterday looking around at what we might afford, hence the depression. And that's before I've tried to get a mortgage with my credit rating!

Have had Winston Churchill's Black Dog (and I am not referring to senior dachshund) hanging over me for a week now, but after your message it'll be up and at it first thing tomorrow.

Wish I could burn the midnight oil like vestal virgin PD!

Are you moving away from Brixton?

Recuerdo tus palabras dulces y el sabor de tus besitos.

Carinos (sorry I can't do accents!)

Van