Capitol Bank Plc/Geoffrey Parker Bourne

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

Did you get any response from Capital Bank ? My loan was cleared last year and I knew I had charges. Had to phone twice but I rec'd my statements yesterday over £1700 in charges :-x

I don't know how easy they will pay out................... ???? :p

hi all

intersting thread this. I sent off to these for S.A.R back in january for 2 accounts a preference account and a loan, but up to now I hav'nt heard a thing from them, which is very annoying I've reported them to the ICO and the OFT but still hav'nt heard anything, they managed to cash my cheque tho for £10

these accounts are now with debt collectors, which is also annoying one been there in house debt collector Blair Oliver and scott, the other been logic group (now OES Solutions) I sent both these a CCA request also back in january, stopped paying after the 12 days were up for the cca request, OES solutions still chased me for a few months after for money but not heard anything from then since about april time,

Blair Oliver and Scott because they could'nt collect money from me passed it on to wescot, and now they have come up with the credit agreement, which is so annoying because they managed to get that but still cant manage to send my S.A.R, but its very interesting credit agreement to this was for my loan , which has a considerable amount of PPI on it which I'll also be claiming back,

the address I sent my S.A.R to was different again to the 2 above addresses also, which was

Capital Bank PLC

First Floor

Knights Court

Weaver Street

Chester

CH1 2BQ

this was taken off my default on my credit report,

good luck to you all and hope you all get your money back :)

Is anyone considering treating the claim on a preference account as a credit charge reclaim and not a bank charge reclaim?

I had one of these, got 6 years statements and due to interest they charged, it is more akin to a credit card, even although it had a cheque card and cheque book.

Any comments?

I rec'd a letter today offering me £500 They say that the recent guidlines relate to bank charges and in no way relate to finance agreements.

The full claim was for £1700 ?? what should I do now........... :confused:

Are we all talking about the same Capital Bank, City House, Chester
This is the old NWS Bank Plc - was (and still is) a BOS subsidiary.

Hope ths helps

Mac :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your info. I am STILL waiting to hear. I have filed a non compliance letter at the Court yesterday, so I am waiting to hear what happens next. It's ridiculous, they did send me a batch of what can only be described as A4 sheets with my personal details on but nothing else !!! Will kepp you updated.

Katie

Right here I am at the moment. I have today received statements dating back from 2000, again no activity or charges information just a balance on the bottom of each page. I contacted the number on the front sheet and was told that a) because this is a preference account (which in their words is a cross between a loan and an overdraft) I can not reclaim charges back anyway due to new legislation as it's not a credit card or bank account and b) the statements I have received are correct and it seems if there is nothing on them it means I have no activity on the account !!!! So I had the account between 1997 - 2005 and did not use it for at least 5 of those years !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Is anyone considering treating the claim on a preference account as a credit charge reclaim and not a bank charge reclaim?

I had one of these, got 6 years statements and due to interest they charged, it is more akin to a credit card, even although it had a cheque card and cheque book.

Any comments?

Kenny, I know this is an old thread but these peference cards haven't gone away. It seems pretty certain that these are credit cards - that's how mine is listed on my credit report. Anyway, to be a bit cheeky, any advice you could offer on this post would be most welcome: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/159970-bos-preference-card-agreement.html

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.