Question regarding Halifax accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm just wondering if somene can help me.

You know if you have insufficient funds in your account on a day when a direct debit is due, and you pay money into the account the same day, am I right in thinking that Halifax will still pay your direct debit?

I know in the past this has always been the case. However, yesterday I paid some money into my account to pay a DD, so from about 10am the money was there. Yet tonight, they've emailed me to say they are charging me £39 due to an unpaid DD. :eek::eek: How come? Maybe a sudden change of the rules since I claimed back my charges?

The reason for this is that the banks usually apply debits at the start of business, and credits at the close of business.

In other words, what you owe, comes out in the morning. What you are paying in doesn't hit your account until the end of the day.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I have this problem many times with Halifax. I always try avoid this, but sometimes its difficult when you have various direct debits setup. Especially when they keep changing the days they pay them out. I have actually called the Halifax on a number times to discuss this matter, and have on 2 occasions had this £39 fee wavered. As Roosted stated debits out first thing, credits in last thing.

But as a few of you are in the same boat, i have enough of the way I have been treated by the bank since I stared banking with them over 20 years ago. I bed I cannot reclaim all my charges incurred since then. God i would be rich indeed

I started banking with them over 20 years ago. I bet I cannot reclaim all my charges incurred since then. God i would be rich indeed

Now what makes you think that you can't?

Have you read this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

or even, better - this one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/33005-bong-hsbc-contractual-interest-17.html - since I haven't yet reached the end of my road!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!