foxi V ABBEY-won at Preliminary hearing - but help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

Yes... i got to the county court in London today for my preliminary hearing. Abbey had ensured the courts received a settlement in full letter but failed to send me one!! Typical eh!!. How long till they can pay up??

Ok , so I won as the judge awarded me Judgment but ABBEY DID NOT include the continuing 8% interest (in my case 0.063p ). How do I get that back from them? I want to claim back preparation & travel costs. Can any one advise me please ;) .....

Shall I just ring Abbey up asap or email them.??? Anyone got any contact information to get the ball rolling.

Hope to hear from anyone

foxi :p

what did the judge say? and did you get chance to see the letter before hand?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

what did the judge say? and did you get chance to see the letter before hand?

The judge just said that Abbey seem to be very slow at processing their settlements and that they had informed the court of the settlement 2 days before the hearing. He asked me if I received the settlement letter and i said 'no'..... at the court all the others waiting for their preliminary hearing with Abbey had heard that is what would happen.

Do you have a date??

foxi

wait till the order comes through from the judge, it should be about 14 days from date of service, so about 3 weeks in all, so how much was the ongoing interest? was it that much? if it wasnt, is it worth the hassle? as you havnt yet formally accepted, ring them and have a prepared spreadie with costs for doing the bundle, you know how to do this right and what to claim? and then ring them, i am sure that a judge would be in your favour, they have had no intention of defending, alternatively, you could slap in a wasted costs order to the court, but my recommendation is to try Asshursts first

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

wait till the order comes through from the judge, it should be about 14 days from date of service, so about 3 weeks in all, so how much was the ongoing interest? was it that much? if it wasnt, is it worth the hassle? as you havnt yet formally accepted, ring them and have a prepared spreadie with costs for doing the bundle, you know how to do this right and what to claim? and then ring them, i am sure that a judge would be in your favour, they have had no intention of defending, alternatively, you could slap in a wasted costs order to the court, but my recommendation is to try Asshursts first

Hi lula,

Thanks for the info, think I know how to prepare a breakdown spreadsheet for costs. Apparently there is someone called INGA in Abbey and that you can call to submit this information .. do you know who this person is?

What is Asshursts? ;)

LOl Inga is the chief "person" who is dealing with Abbey claims, wait and see what the letter says and who it comes from

Ashhursts are the solicitors dealing with Abbey claims who inga works for

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

LOl Inga is the chief "person" who is dealing with Abbey claims, wait and see what the letter says and who it comes from

Ashhursts are the solicitors dealing with Abbey claims who inga works for

Ok great... thanks for your help Lula. I'll wait for the letter.

foxi ;)