Concerned to take on the Giant

Hewst1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post here and I wanted firstly to say thankyou for such a great site, it has filled me with confidence that I may well get my money back. I am currently completing 3 refund claims, 2 with NatWest for a joint account and my wifes and mine with Barclays.

I have so far had all my Statements back and have been through the calculator. With a really scary total of £2940 being asked for. I sent my Barclays letter last Wed 11th July and have given the 14 days. I sent this to my bank - is this right ??

So I guess its just a bit of a waiting game at the moment.

I fully expect to have to go all the way with this one - so I'll be calling on the help of anyone and everyone as this goes on, having never really completed any court forms before, except for divorce and that has its own problems !!!

Its wonderful to be able to think I can ask 'normal' people for support rather than handing all this over to a company for them to claim their cut.

Will keep all covered with the ongoing saga.

Hi,

Best wishes with your claims, keep at them and if you follow the Step-by-Step Instructions on this site, you will get your cash back. And your right, why pay someone else for doing something you can do yourself. Just takes time and effort.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Hewst

Ah bless that you think we're normal, just give it a few weeks! :D

This site will give you a very real sense of being in control and never having to wait more than 24 hours for an answer. Even if it seems a daft question, if you haven't got the answer from reading various threads and the guide, ask it!

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi Hewst,

You're definitely in the right place. This is a brilliant forum for mutual assistance. Read the threads as saintly suggests, and the FAQ page is very helpful too.

In a few weeks, you'll be wondering why you didn't do this ages ago!

;)

Now I just don't know what to do,

Within four days of recieving my letter I have recieved an offer - of £2195,

£200 short of my fees, or £750 short of total with interest. The question is is it worth the hassle of the next few months, letters back and fowards and creating court bundles if I can get my grubby mits on the lions share of the amount 'within 14 to 21 days'.

Barclays you are such a tease,

Think I'll let the good lady of the house decide - she's probably the one that'll be spending it anyway.

At the end of the day..... it has to be down to you.

£2195 or £2945 ?? (Probably closer to 3k by the time the claim is settled! ;) )

Actually, by Barclays standards that's a good offer. (Telling you that doesn't help, does it...?)

Court claim, delay, settlement.... you're looking at 3-4 months, depending on court workload, I'd imagine.

;)