• Tweets

• You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hsbcfiddled V Akive kapital

hsbcfiddled
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please guys n dolls,

My OH has got a problem with Aktiv Krapital.

Sent our £1.00 fee for CCA June 30th

received reply dated 9th July;

Summary of their reply;

Aktive: We are not original creditor nor did we provide you with original credit facility.

We purchased the outstanding balance together with the right to collect that balance,together with right to apply interest in accordance with your credit agreement (where appropriate).

Aktiv. We did not purchase you actual agreement,consequently we have no obligation to provide you with a copy of that agreement.(Oh! is that so?:rolleyes: Dont think so pal).

Aktiv. However we have tried to get a copy of the original agreement from the original creditor and they have advised us that it is not available.:) even bigger (Just fell off my chair! -ROFLMBO - Oh Dear me thinks - shame ).

Aktiv. As you are not denying the knowledge or liability of this debt, there is no reason why we cannot continue taking payments from you. (try reading above paragraph - I cant my ribs wont take it).

Aktiv. We are legal owners of account and we want our money. (:p na na nana!)

Aktiv. Unless you telephone us within 7 days of date of letter or write back asap setting out any reasons for non-payment the matter willbe passed back to our collections division for further action. (:p na na nana..please try).

Aktiv. It is in your interest to contact us we may give you a substantial offer. (must rush to the phone....NOT)

Decided to phone them anyway...I told them that I was so sorry that they couldnt find the agreement and reminded them that they could not sell on the debt and that the balance had been reduced because it was now nil.

Now as they havent got the agreement it shouldnt come too light at a later date therefore am i correct nil balance?

Can I claim back any payments that have been made because they had no legal right to collect monies because they were not acting within CCA?

Have I got to send them S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to find out exactly what has been paid and any penalties or interest added or even the actual balance when they purchased this debt......That i havent got?...He He (sorry couldnt resist na na nana:p )

Going to start my own thread:

icon1.gif hsbcfiddled (ROFLMBO) v Aktiv Krapital

Do they really think you are as stupid as them.

1. They may not have the agreement but the debt still exists. They cannot take you to court without the agreement in spite of what they say

2. You would have to prove you were forced into making those payment by fraudulent means

3. By all means send them an SAR to see what they have on you, this would be a double edged sword as by claiming back charges you admit the debt is yours but this would not be sufficient for Aktiv Krapital to take you to court. Without the CCA the debt is unenforceable.

They claim to be the legal owners therefore by their own admission they have assumed not only the rights to the debt but the duties as well. I suggest you invite them to read S189 of the CCA

Do they really think you are as stupid as them.

1. They may not have the agreement but the debt still exists. They cannot take you to court without the agreement in spite of what they say

2. You would have to prove you were forced into making those payment by fraudulent means

3. By all means send them an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to see what they have on you, this would be a double edged sword as by claiming back charges you admit the debt is yours but this would not be sufficient for Aktiv Krapital to take you to court. Without the CCA the debt is unenforceable.

They claim to be the legal owners therefore by their own admission they have assumed not only the rights to the debt but the duties as well. I suggest you invite them to read S189 of the CCA

Thanks for the reply ODC

2. Payments have only been occasional or even sporadic.

3. If there is no gain for me i wont waste the £10.

1. Unenforcable will do.

The debt is unenforcable so there is nothing they can do. 12 working days after they received your CCA and failed to produce it they are in default so you can LEGALLY stop paying.

After a calendar month they will have committed a summary offence.

Whilst this debt is in dispute they cannot demand payment or pass it on to some other lowlife company. If they contact you again you may want to suggest the pay attention to s77, 78 and 189 of the CCA. What they state in their letter is bullsh!t.

Write to them and DEMAND a copy of their formal complaints procedure and forward a copy of their rubbish letter to Trading Standards. Its full of lies and misleading staements. A complaint to the OFT may do no harrm either as they are in severe breach of OFT principles

My view is.....

Although..... on the other hand....... they bought a debt that wasnt properly executed.

Admitted payments have been made to the original creditor (to whom the debt is also unenforcable) but Aktiv Kapital have bought title to an unenforcable - (unlawful agreement?) therefore payments to AK have no legality and should be returned.

Payments to original creditor I am willing to forget.

They have stated that they nor the original creditor have that agreement.

Pork chops have just landed on my plate..(Fact) along with chips an curry sauce and boy will they taste good today.

Pork chops have just landed on my plate..(Fact) along with chips an curry sauce and boy will they taste good today.

did they do that in writing?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Pork Chops better than the Porkie Pies from Aktiv Krapital

What if the copy arrives and it appears that the details have been 'gone over' because the original may have faded.

Dont hold your breath for the agreement,

If one arrived that had been tampered with they would be so deep in the doo doo with the courts that the judge would not only throw their 'case' out but they would find themselves in the box facing questioning instead

Mind you they might have photo copied the agreement - and then doctored the copy.

Thinking that if we accepted the copy it would all be forgotten.

Original must be so badly faded Or they have copied and pasted together new agreements.

OH swears they signed A5 sized doc but we got A4 copies.

I read your other thread. Methinks there is some mischeif afoot. Thats why I always recomend using postal orders and signing in Block Capitals or a completely different signature to all your official ones.

I think you could be safe in the assumption that they have diddly squat of a Legal CCA. Write back and challenge the authenticity of the documents with them. Tell them that you will be asking the courts to compare what they have sent to you with the originals they allegedly have in their possesion. They sure be aware of the offence of Uttering False Documents

• 1 month later...

update.

Aktive Krapital sent me their final response letter.

They say that they dont need the executed copy because they have bought the deed of assignment. (they can believe what they like)

I would like back the payments that have been made to them.

I am entitled to them because they have no agreement?

• 3 months later...

Update.

On the 30th August Aktiv Kapital returned my £1 and stated they had nothing to add and there would be no further correspondence.

Almost 4 months on and nothing from them since.

I think that is the last of them......tears running down my face.....sobbing uncontrolably now.....I MISS THEM!

hsbcfiddled.