Parking Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bartonski,

Look back in this thread to posts 6 to 21, you should find the allowable sizes for yellow lines together with tolerances & references for the info given.

& dont forget the t bars at each end .....the line/s between the t bars must be unbroken, to the permitted size (with permitted variation/tolerance) and have the correct size t bar at each end.....most of the time it is just the t bars which do not extend far enough towards the pavement at least here on Anglesey.

hope it helps you,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/23765-no-t-bar-end.html#post188533

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

I recieved a ticket in March of this year, I refused to pay it ,

Because the charge notice is invalid, as it does not bear, a notice date, as required by law,

Therefore, According to the independent adjudicator this does not conform to the requirements of the Road Traffic Act 1991 66(3)©

Recently I have recieved a demand for £150.00, because I did not respond to 1 of 3 notices,

a notice to owner: a notice of rejection: or an adjudicators decision.

non of these have I ever seen or recieved, am I right in assuming that this is a new ploy to catch people off guard.

I spoke to someone at TfL when I recieved this demand, I told them I had never recieved any of these notices, they told me to wait for the next letter which should arrive in 14 days to appeal against this penalty charge, Is this correct? or am I being reeled in like a fish on a line.

I would like to know if anyone else has suffered this tactic?.

JonCris,

I spotted the information on the bottom of your post. I thought that you may have a thread going for your dealings with Abbey but i couldn't find it, I will look again at the Abbey section for your original thread. Thanks,

Read this and laughed - Im going through the EXACT same thing. Ticket received in March (Westminster) - whilst parked on private ground. Never received my letter where I can appeal against it. I've emailed them a few times, and got either no reply, or a standard letter, which does not address my letter at all. Had a letter from debt recovery people - ticket now up to £150 - I called them, and they said I had to get in touch with Westminster. Spoke to them today, they noted that I never received my letter, and I now have to wait for the next letter.

If I have to go to Court, I will, and I'll do them for a days wages too....bar stewards. Hopefully it wont get that far - I'll reply to the next letter, telling them that the ticket is invalid anyway....I'll take great pleasure in doing that :D

My God I love this forum!

Greetings,

I recieved a ticket in March of this year, I refused to pay it ,

Because the charge notice is invalid, as it does not bear, a notice date, as required by law,

Therefore, According to the independent adjudicator this does not conform to the requirements of the Road Traffic Act 1991 66(3)©

Recently I have recieved a demand for £150.00, because I did not respond to 1 of 3 notices,

a notice to owner: a notice of rejection: or an adjudicators decision.

non of these have I ever seen or recieved, am I right in assuming that this is a new ploy to catch people off guard.

I spoke to someone at TfL when I recieved this demand, I told them I had never recieved any of these notices, they told me to wait for the next letter which should arrive in 14 days to appeal against this penalty charge, Is this correct? or am I being reeled in like a fish on a line.

I would like to know if anyone else has suffered this tactic?.

Lets get started!

Halifax Current acount

23/08/2006 - Data Protection Act Request letter sent

15/09/2006 - Prelim letter sent - Claiming £843

28/09/2006 - Telephone offer of £500 :rolleyes: - declined

29/09/2006 - LBA sent

08/11/2006 - Courtclaim filed

Halifax VISA account

29/09/2006 - Prelim letter sent - Claiming £99

08/11/2006 - LBA sent

I have an interesting dilemma

I paid to park in a City Council Car Park where each hour parking costs £1.30

The machine that issues you with a parking ticket does not give change.

I only had 2 £1 coins on me... and used these.

Expecting to be back within or on the hour, I was annoyed that my exit after business in the Council Building was delayed due to an official council "do".

As I approached my car I noticed a warden finishing writing the ticket and affixing it to my car. I asked him if he could be lenient since I had paid £2 for 1hr and 15 mins stay. If you equate the "extra" I had paid it would that I had paid for an extra half hour of parking.

Paid £30 fine after appealing to common sense but was rejected.

Query is: Are they entitled to the extra money legally ie: Are they legally entitled to the 70p extra I paid?

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Hi there

has anyone considered getting this book:

"UK Driving Secrets Guide 2006" ?? {link removed 26/8 on advice of site helper :) apparently it IS sh#te! ;)}

not plugging it at all ...but wasnt 100% convinced. I guess it would spell out what it would otherwise take a few mins/hours trawling through various websites/forums...but for £28.

cheers

Hi there

has anyone considered getting this book:

"UK Driving Secrets Guide 2006" ?? (Fight Speeding Ticket, Beat Driving Ticket, Cancel Parking ticket and fight traffic tickets UK driving secrets blue badge)

not plugging it at all ...but wasnt 100% convinced. I guess it would spell out what it would otherwise take a few mins/hours trawling through various websites/forums...but for £28.

cheers

You will get better advice from this forum and from PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice who give it for free.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Anyone heard of UK parking control LTD?

just got a fine through the post after parking in their car park (recently acquired i might add) in Upper Norwood, London - they said "..when you enter this private car park for any reason... you agreee to pay the sum of £95 (£75 if paid within 14 days)"

Left me FUMING!! :mad::mad::mad:

can they do this -are there different regulations for private firms? (who are obviously cowboys).

I mean the signs didnt exactly say sign on the dotted line for a cheque please!!! (and they werent as clear as they are making out).

anyway be interestd to hear from anyone who has had any similar dealings and what ur experience/advise was.

cheers

This firm is well known & are a bunch of bandits

The private firms are a law unto themselves & to the everlasting shame of the English courts (in Scotland they are banned) they very often are allowed to operate with impunity.

You MUST get some photos of their signs & their location (freehand draw a small map) & if they are not clearly sited as they claim then they their charges/conditions could be unenforcable

As has already been suggested go to this site they are great being devoted to helping the motorist http://www.pepipoo.com/ & are like this one free

probably but if they have issued on private property it adds gris to the mill

sorry for the delay in replying - been in Amsterdam, things are still a little hazy ;)

Its kind of dodgy, they say that although it is private grounds, it is next to the pavement, and so it must be railing-ed(is that a word?) off from the pavement, or it is still considered pavement......though the restaurant 2 doors down has tables outside, and no railings.....but I was overjoyed to see that my ticket hasnt got 'date of issue' on it, gives me a cast iron case now :D

Lets get started!

Halifax Current acount

29/09/2006 - LBA sent

Halifax VISA account

08/11/2006 - LBA sent

They are talking rubbish Private property is private property period. As usual they are trying to make it up as they go along.

I have a front garden without a fence but it's still my private front garden & property. If anyone goes on it they are guilty of tresspass

Even the adjudicator is going to laugh that one out of his appeal hearing. Just make sure you have photo's

Thats what I was thinking....Im just letting them keep upping the fine, ignoring my letters etc.

Photos? Yeah, got that well and truly covered. As luck would have it, Im a photographer, and this ticket was issued right outside the studio :D :D :D

Lets get started!

Halifax Current acount

29/09/2006 - LBA sent

Halifax VISA account

08/11/2006 - LBA sent

HELP

I parked my car in a layby in London N7 on Wednesday to go to a football match, there was no signs as far as I could see to say I couldn't park there (thats beside the point) when I came out I had a ticket but on looking closer the registration had been written wrong, I don't know if a camera was also used, should I pay or hang on and hope for the best. If I wait then I will have to pay the full £100 but if I pay before the 14 days is up it is only £50.

Thanks for any help anyone can give

Bruce

Bruce,

If they have written an incorrect registration number on the ticket then it is invalid and they will have no choice but to cancel it. Just in case Islington Council get funny about it, I would go back to where you parked it and see what signage is there and take photos, just as a back up plan.

Anyone heard of UK parking control LTD?

just got a fine through the post after parking in their car park (recently acquired i might add) in Upper Norwood, London - they said "..when you enter this private car park for any reason... you agreee to pay the sum of £95 (£75 if paid within 14 days)"

Left me FUMING!! :mad::mad::mad:

can they do this -are there different regulations for private firms? (who are obviously cowboys).

I mean the signs didnt exactly say sign on the dotted line for a cheque please!!! (and they werent as clear as they are making out).

anyway be interestd to hear from anyone who has had any similar dealings and what ur experience/advise was.

cheers

I overstayed in a Morrison's car park in Peckhan S London and received a fine of £40 if I paid within 14 days. I waited until I received a reminder then I wrote to the parking enforcement company (called parking eye). Stating that under constitutional law they are breaking the law by demanding money from me before any court conviction (bill of rights 1689) and any claim they had would be null and void as they had demanded monies from me.

As they had written to me twice I had to advise them of the terms and conditions of writing to me, which are thus:

I will accept two free letters but any third letter received; would trigger the acceptance of the fact that they would have to pay me an admin fee of £50 per letter, but the third letter would also be a free letter unless I received a fourth letter related to this matter. In which case I would have to charge for ALL four letters. I would invoice them and request payment within 7 days otherwise court action would follow on the 8th day. The terms are fair under the Unfair terms Act 1999 as this is for my time and expenses. Any fifth letter would trigger a harassment action under the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act, which I would be entitled to claim £5,000 in damages for mental anguish.

Funnily enough every time I get a ticket and a reminder, I NEVER receive a third letter, as they (parking agents/councils) are really concerned that I would go for it.:grin:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks