Car insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had nationwide car insurance but missed a payment and they sent me a letter asking for payment by friday 20 - 4 - 07 i called on that friday to pay but they said the policy had been cancelled on the tuesday and now they are sending me letters asking for the missed payment and said it will be passed on to DCA and will be registered as a debt.:mad:

my question is can they add a default to my credit report if i refuse to pay as they cancelled before the agreed date, there is nothing on there at the moment to do with nationwide car insurance.

thanks in advance

NatWest - £443 & Default Removal - Settled :D

Nationwide - £620 - Sent Prelim

Littlewoods - £??? & Default - Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

They cannot threaten you with a default on your credit report in retrospect, you had to be told of this condition at the inception of the policy. It is also worth remembering if they have cancelled the policy (there is no operational cover) any subsequent payments can be viewed as a penalty as you're not getting the benefit of the cover paid for.

thanks you for your help im going to call them while im at work so i can record the call and see what they got to say.

Thanks

Got a letter today from moorcroft asking for the money or they will register a judgement against me and send bailiffs to collect it lol

can they place a default on my credit file now that its been passed over to a dca.

i just spent 6 months removing my last one dont want another one

thanks

Firstly, they cannot 'register a judgement' until there is one. Do do this they have to take you to court, and only after you lose can bailiffs become involved. Classic scare tactics of butting the card before the horse. Also, your default would be with your Insurer, not Moorcroft (unless the debt was sold to them) so there's scope to tie them in knots asking for files and proof.

Do also remember to explain that the policy was cancelled in advance of the deadline allowed, therefore the insurer is in breach of their own criteria. Since the matter remains in dispute, you advise that your file be returned to their client (the insurer) for further negotiation.