BV v HSBC

beckyv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - I've been lurking around now for a couple of days.

Basically I was furious when i was refused a mortgage because of bank charges on my current account - also when the reason i went over my overdraft limit was largely due to £125 suddenly being withdrawn from my account. Which means the next month I get charged too. So I totted up the amount of bank charges in the last year - which came to £789.

I sent the preliminary letter out yesterday to my branch manager by recorded post. I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for this site though - normally I'm one of those people who's rubbish at complaining and usually ends up apologising for someone else's mistake. So, here's to standing up for myself! Nervous, but could really do with nigh on £800. So here goes...

BTW - if i get my money back will definitely be donating to the site - the library stuff makes it so much easier than trying to draft a letter on my own.

Ta

I had a couple of unpaid items - at £20 or so about five years ago, so just thought it would be more straightforward to just claim for last year.

THanks for the quick post!

• 2 weeks later...

HI Everyone - My 14 days from when they received my prelim runs out on Friday - Got a letter yesterday morning saying they were looking in to my claims and gave me a leaflet. Seems pretty standar by most accounts...

It was singed Pamela Aubrey Smith, I sent the prelim to "Branch Manager".

Will keep you posted!

yes its just a standard fob off letter

stick to your timetable and you'll be fine

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Hi Becky

I'm in the same situation. I cant get equity on my house because of the penalty points that HSBC has put on my account - mainly due to their charges - at least £80 a month for the past year.

I'm new here too - let us know how you get on

Good luck

Zoe

HSBC- Amount owed from unlawful charges- £2191.73

Progress so far

27/06/06 Preliminary letter sent

10/07/06 Sent letter before action

25/07/06 Completed and submitted MCOL

27/07/06 Recieved offer of £1850 from HSBC

14/08/06 Recieved full amount + court fees from HSBC:)

Thanks for the replies.

It's so frustrating, you try to get everything in order and then bang! another charge sends you right over the limit!

Good luck everyone. I'll let you know how it all goes.

Right - just got round to sending off the LBA - just a quick question - apologies if it's silly i have read the FAQs honestly!

At the top of the LBA it says i'm annoyed they didn't respond to my letter dated blah blah, but they did - just to say they're looking into it. Should i rephrase it and if so, any decent suggestions?

Hi Beckyv

Good luck with it! At least you got a response albeit a standard thing, they didn't even send me one! Their 14 days runs out on Wednesday so I'm filling out the MCOL in preparation!

I don't know if you know anyone else doing this, but my partner is(for his own account) and HSBC didn't cash his cheque, said they would waive the fee (charming-they soon cashed mine!) I've also found - by reading on this site that some people get replies and others don't! Seems to me that they don't have defined procedures.

Anyone else had the same thoughts?

Anyway best get on with that claim!!:D

Regards

Sarahab7

HSBC, DPA sent 21/04/2006 (due before 31/05/2006)

Prelim sent 01/06/2006, exp 14/06/2006, 14 days to comply

Barclaycard, DPA sent 01/06/2006, 40 days to comply

Literally the day after I sent my LBA out had a certain letter from Colin Langdale offering me £700!!

Can't believe it... this must have been on the back of the preliminary as they wouldn't have had my LBA by the time they sent it out.

So in seven days they say the money will be credited to my account.

I'm going to accept it as the original figure is £789, so it's a decent offer and I need the money soon as we're moving house. I know it's my money as it was obtained illegally, but I'm happy to forego the £89, for the lack of stress of filing a claim. Which I suppose they're banking on!

Just wanted to say thanks very much to everyone who created this site and all the people who helped. Will definitely be donating!