HSBC - Time to go in at deep end!

amtrakuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Liz, you poor thing.

welcome to the site.

Don't feel isolated any more, we are here to help, and I am glad you have had a good read around.

Open up a thread of your own under the bank you are with.

You really need to talk to CCCS or the citizens advice (should be a branch ner you) and get your current problems sorted out.

And start the ball rolling on claiming back those charges!

You can also stop those intimidating phone calls, as they amount to harrasment.

Crusher :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Maverik.

Yeah sorry I did read it wrong, and yes they did come through in "Batches". Had 18 envelopes through the door on the Monday and a further 4 on the Tuesday. It should be enough for me to get my teeth into now Im back home after a week down south!

Tonights job is to go and tot up 6 years of charges. Will keep you guys informed. I did see something about claiming 8% APR on these charges and soemthing about a calculator to work these out. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Regards.

Hi Maverik.

Yeah sorry I did read it wrong, and yes they did come through in "Batches". Had 18 envelopes through the door on the Monday and a further 4 on the Tuesday. It should be enough for me to get my teeth into now Im back home after a week down south!

Tonights job is to go and tot up 6 years of charges. Will keep you guys informed. I did see something about claiming 8% APR on these charges and soemthing about a calculator to work these out. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Regards.

on the spread sheet http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

it works out the 8% for you however you can't claim that untill you file a mcol

on the spread sheet http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

it works out the 8% for you however you can't claim that untill you file a mcol

Hi there James,

Thanks for the quick reply. What do you mean by mcol?

Regards

Thanks Homer.

I've gone though the statements HSBC has sent already (about 40 envelopes so far). Quite a few of the statements seem to be duplicates of others they sent. Looking though what they have sent, I still haven't got statements for a complete year yet, how long does it typically take to receive all the statements? The postman is starting to moan! ;)

Regards

Hi

I got mine over two days. They do say duplicate on them all though as they have re-issued them now after originally issuing them all those years ago. - Are you sure they defo are duplicates of each other? (Not suggesting your thick of course- maybe an oversight if they arent all duplicates)

Sarah

Hi

I got mine over two days. They do say duplicate on them all though as they have re-issued them now after originally issuing them all those years ago. - Are you sure they defo are duplicates of each other? (Not suggesting your thick of course- maybe an oversight if they arent all duplicates)

Sarah

Hi there Sarah

I know that you mean by the word "Duplicate" printed on the top of the statements. Perhaps I worded it badly, the dates of the transactions and transaction details on the statements match ones in other envelopes.

I am getting slightly concerned with the time it is taking to receive the statements. I sent the original Data Protection Act Declaration letter on the 26th of last month. In the letter it says they have 40 days to comply. Is this saying they have 40 days to start sending the statements or send the lot?

Any comments would be welcome.

Regards

Andy

I've just had another call from the HSBC telling me I'm OD this time only to the tune of 230.00, asking if I have any means to pay off the outstanding balance or when money will be deposited in the account. This appears to have started since the data protection declaration letter was sent. Is something going on or am I just getting abit paranoid?

Regards

Hi there

I had my prelim reply this morning with the offer.

It is real and it does work, keep going amd good luck to you.

Prelim to HSBC sent on 30th June for £580.

Reply with offer to refund £520.00 on 19th July

Don't forget, if it isn't the full amount, with any interest charges, don't accept it! Also don't accept any confidentiality conditions - It's your money, they have taken it unlawfully, why should you keep quiet about it?!

Have they mentioned anything about wanting to close your account? I heard on Radio 4's Money box programme the other day the Alliance and Leicester seemed to adopting an attitude of "We'll pay you off but we don't want you're business". As a safety net I've just setup an account on-line with Nat West, just in case. :D

Hi Thanks for reply

No they did not say anything about account to be closed. I have sent them Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998. because my account is in a very bad state. I am overdrawn up to my eyes and have no money at all comming in. So, I was worried that they might black list me with credit agency. I got letter this morning from the data controller saying that they can not comply with the notice because they need to process my information, even more, because I requested refund of bank charges they need to process the info they hold on me.

Regarding account closure, if worse come to worse I have an acount elsewhere.

Regards I.

Hi Thanks for reply

No they did not say anything about account to be closed. I have sent them Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998. because my account is in a very bad state. I am overdrawn up to my eyes and have no money at all comming in. So, I was worried that they might black list me with credit agency. I got letter this morning from the data controller saying that they can not comply with the notice because they need to process my information, even more, because I requested refund of bank charges they need to process the info they hold on me.

Regarding account closure, if worse come to worse I have an acount elsewhere.

Regards I.

I am guessing they are are having to look into it further as you declined their first offer. Hold out until you get what you deserve!

I sent a letter off today recorded delivery telling them to stop phoning me immediately. Also informing them I am finding the multiple daily calls from HSBC harassment, mentioning "Protection from Harassment Act 1970", "Article 8 of the Human Right Act 1990" and the "Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949" etc. Hope it works

Also informing them I am finding the multiple daily calls from HSBC harassment, mentioning "Protection from Harassment Act 1970", "Article 8 of the Human Right Act 1990" and the "Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949" etc. Hope it works

When they were calling me, i wrote a letter to them saying that I would rather comunicate by letters due to my work require all my concentration and the outside disturbance may cause harm to my patients ( im a nurse). After that calls stoped.

• 2 weeks later...

dont think so you just file a claim with the courts online which can be done by yourself

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Am I right in thinking an online solicitor or something has to be arranged?

Regards

No, absolutley no need for a solicitor whatsoever!!!!!:D

any legal work will be completed by you, online, takes about an hour or so, piece of cake (if you read up the guides in the library properly of course) and we are here to help you.

Please take the time to read the FAQ, this will reveal all! Try not just to understand what to do, but why we do it that way, it's most empowering!

Crusher:D

Many thanks peeps..

Am registering with money claim as we speak in preparation for the expected non payment by HSBC by the 16th - Sent the Letter before action on the 2nd :)

Had a letter today from HSBC saying they are bouncing a DD for 236.39 also they will be charging me 30.00 for the privilege. I can see another claim coming on after this one is complete!

Angela, thats a whopping amount - all the best

HSBCrusher - Thanks for the advise. I can now see what you mean by empowered :)

thank you and the same to you i too will be looking at the moneyclaim site tonight as i dont think they are going to pay out before hand and if they are reading this

I AM NOT GOING TO GO AWAY PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME LATER ITS FINE BY ME.

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Many thanks peeps..

Am registering with money claim as we speak in preparation for the expected non payment by HSBC by the 16th - Sent the Letter before action on the 2nd :)

Had a letter today from HSBC saying they are bouncing a DD for 236.39 also they will be charging me 30.00 for the privilege. I can see another claim coming on after this one is complete!

Angela, thats a whopping amount - all the best

HSBCrusher - Thanks for the advise. I can now see what you mean by empowered :)

Hi

Dont claim again, if they give you no response or partial offer then just add the recent or due charges onto your online moneyclaim.

Sarah x

Thanks Sarah.. Im keeping the all paperwork that comes though and will add it to my moneyclaim file against them. Another interesting thing, I looked on my online banking to find they have cancelled my gym membership DD without telling me in writing, can they do that??

Regards